Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: "Cannot verify media error" using latest EF and CoH (New Steam Version)  (Read 2614 times)

Offline gcacnio

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Used EF Launcher to launch latest version EF mod (Launcher reports EF is up to date). Receive a "Cannot verify media error." Tried the -dev -mod Eastern_Front as advised in 2011 bug report. The dev mod doesn't work, with CoH (New Steam Version) not launching at all.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if that would work because it now works in a different way. Retail and old Steam CoH worked different than the new Steam version.

Also, one more thing, you need to uninstall EF from the old location and install it on the new one, because the new CoH is in a different folder, thus, it never will work if you haven't done this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:48:25 PM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline johndon123

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
I have a question.
Does it have to be in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\
Can i change to drive D or E??My drive C losing too much space (My pop used my computer too) and i need space to install EF mod.
 Thanks in advance

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
The drive where Steam is installed matters little to EF ;). If you have Steam on "D:" or "E:" you should install EF there as well.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...