Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Application - Italian translator  (Read 6392 times)

Offline elgraz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Application - Italian translator
« on: July 13, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »
Hello, if you're still in need, i would like to apply for Italian translations ( also if, i have to be honest, i will still play the game in Eng, I'm too used to it  ;) ).
I'm, well, an Italian , 33 years old computer programmer.
I love this mod and understand all the work that goes in it, so i will be happy to help a bit.

Cheers ;)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Application - Italian translator
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »
Hello elgraz,

We are looking for a guy who can take care of the Italian translations, but we would like to know how active you can be, because sometimes we have problems with translators that want to help us but once they are in, they disappear or do a bunch of translations and then never return, or they return later but do not translate anything(like if they were just normal users visiting the forum). We are seeking for responsible members, and while certainly this cannot be know before giving a chance to someone, I'd like to hear your answer to this.

Do not worry, I do not think you are suspicious or not suitable, I just say this as a normal comment. Although translations is a small part of the mod, they are important overall and most of the time players have outdated locales for most of the languages(except German, Simplified Chinese, French and Spanish). Fortunately, now the outdated locales show the English text instead of the outdated one in their own language, so at least they can read the intended text, however, not all the users can read English... and that's why we need a responsible person as translator and not someone that helps today and disappears the next month to never return.

Thanks for applying. Do you think you are suitable for the position?
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline elgraz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Application - Italian translator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
Woops, i've seen the post disappearing and i wasn't checking ^^ ( probably moderation rules? )
But it seems like you got a good replacement, so good work to him :P

See you on the font! ;)