Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Poll

What we should do with RMC?

Remove them. They just don't fit on EF and we don't need them either.
24 (24.7%)
Keep them as standalone faction. They have potential and could be better than Brits.
73 (75.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: August 06, 2013, 09:25:15 PM

Author Topic: The Royal Marines Commando issue  (Read 32319 times)

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: The Royal Marines Commando issue
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »
You guys don't understand some basic things here. Create a faction are hard and time consuming, so do the stuffs make a faction. Adding a faction also add loading time and chance to crash. Play desert rats and afrika korps in another mod is better choice. I lost my interest so I stop here.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
I do wish to keep and re-balance them, but i have another idea. What if instead of a whole new faction the Brits could be offered up in this mod as having lend-lease reward units that could replace soviet vehicles. Wouldn't it be cool to see various British vehicles that are new to the game and that are offered to vcoh Brits repainted with that delightful olive green and red star combo? This idea would have more relevance to the Eastern Front than simply adding a re-balanced RMC back into the game. What do you guys think about this?

Offline colneri001

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
Just put it.  ;D

Offline Magyar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
After having played with the Ostheer several times, I have faith that the team could deliver a phenomenal British faction.

I am very pleasantly surprised by what the mod team has achieved. To say that the Soviets as a faction were rather rough around the edges upon the mod's original release would be an understatement, but the faction has since come a long way, and with all the experience that the team gained from working on the Soviets, they have managed to deliver a remarkable Ostheer. Naturally it is not perfect, but I am of the opinion that it feels very good to play as - I would go so far as to say that the Ostheer plays not only better than the British, but even better than the Panzer Elite. It is a phenomenal achievement to say the least that this mod has delivered two such quality factions, which surpass anything Relic has produced since the original.

With that in mind, I am genuinely curious as to what the team could craft for a British faction with their experience. Of course, I have no delusions that creating a new faction is simple, but with such a stunning success of the Ostheer and newer versions of the Soviets, I must ask: if they have the will to do so, why not?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:08:13 PM by Magyar »

Offline Token

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »
should do it, add some unique units from commonwealth countries NZ, AUS, Canada, Ghurkas.... specialized infantry units

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 01:45:02 AM »
after alittle bit of thinking i got the idea. You plan to release new reward doctrines right? The brits as is now has only one available doctrine choice in 1v1 and that is the commandos. Engie can be used as a desperate attemt at saving the game but still. 95% of pro brit games was commandos. The fact of having no real strat choices and only tactical ones with brits are some of what makes me like them. diversity over everything.

but at the same time, as said. Much of what is in the brit arsenal is only usable in 2v2 and up. So, reward tech trees?

The Marine faction as it used to be was all to random and well... messy. didn't really feel it.
so the trees could include more units with lots of abilities. Still few options basewise, but huge options doctrine and unit upgrade wise. your tech choice will be the doctrine instead of T1 to T3 buldings. Also if both sides of the two new trees was equally viable to pick early. or if the trees chad a pyramid type form. that if u choose one ability you could not get the other. that would also be different    (if possible)

anyways, lots of ideas. Think about it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:57:26 AM by Monos »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:01 AM »
Good idea comrade. Reward trees for Brits is something we could try later. It would be better than trying reward factions :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...