Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: About Greenlight and the Team name  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
About Greenlight and the Team name
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:14:53 AM »
Hello Eastern Front fans,

In this update we will talk about some milestones made by the Team. We decided to make a small update to explain why we have signed our last update as Archaic Entertainment, and to talk about the Greenlight process where we just passed some days ago.

1 - We have been greenlit on Steam!

In fact, we have been greenlit last week, probably everybody is curious about what will happen, so feel free to ask :).

What does that mean?
It means we will start to use Steam to update the mod, which means a more secure source for updates.

Does that mean you will only use Steam from now on?
No, we will continue to upload each version into ModDB and Modsaholic(along other mirrors). This is in case an offline player wants to use it.

When is it going to happen?
While we were greenlit, we still have a lot of paperwork to do for the Greenlight Team and as we weren't used on such things, we will need some time to get all done.

Thanks to Relic and Sega for the assistance, without their help we wouldn't be greenlit. Also, thanks to all the Eastern Front fans that voted for us and supported us all the time until we were chosen. We are one step closer guys :).

We have also prepared a new layout for the main menu for the next version. You can say thanks to Walki for it :).

2 - Assembling a Company!
One of the things we needed to publish on Steam was to be part of a real company, and so we did! We are now Archaic Entertainment, we didn't choose "Eastern Front Team" because we might do different projects and the name might not fit very well into them. But our buddies can still call us EF Team, no problem with that ;).

So far, it is just a name change at the moment, there is not going to happen something special or different in the site. Regardless of this, just as the current version of Eastern Front is free to download, the Steam version will be free as well.

3 - Mod of the Year 2013 (aka MOTY 2013)
Remember we are still on competition, every vote counts! Help us to reach the first place this year! Remember you can vote for any number of mods you like and you are not limited to one; you can vote for us here.

4 - Russian translator needed

We still need a Russian translator for Eastern Front, if someone wants to help, please send us a message or write a comment here.

Thanks for your support,

Archaic Entertainment Team
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:35:15 AM by Blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
Re: About Greenlight and the Team name
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Awesome to see you guys going forward like this! You deserve it! :D

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Yehezkel

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »
Congrats guys, you really deserve it  ;).
I'm enjoying your mod for 2 years already and now, I want to help you guys.
I can speak on 4 languages: German, Russian, English and Hebrew, so if you guys still need a translator I'm willing to help you :).
Sincerely yours, Yehezkel.
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. -Voltaire

Offline MichaelCycle

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:58 AM »
we need another Great Patriotic War!
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely"
General Dwight Eisenhower - 6th June 1944

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:19:14 AM »
Clearly none of you have been paying attention to some people's signatures. ;)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
dude! this is awsome! my congrats to all the guys on the team, you guys have made a great game 100% better. beast to be greenlighted, its been a long time in coming.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline anakond

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »
I can do russian translations for you.

Offline CMDRNick

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re:EF broken
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
Being Greenlit is great ! Congrats and I am a huge supporter, BUT this broken Mod is hurting your Brand. Credibility is at risk every day that passes that this is not repaired. Many things are out of our control in life but somehow we make it happen. Those are the successful companies, and this is no easy business to be in.

That being said I await the fix of this MOD.

Happy New Years !
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."
General William Tecumseh Sherman, 1864

Offline Yura

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 05:26:08 PM »
Друзья,меня зовут Юрий,я родился и до сих пор живу  в Москве.Давно играю в вашу модификацию(отдельное спасибо за нее)буду рад оказать вам помощь с переводом.  P.S sory my english
Friends, my name isYuri, I was bornand stillliveMoskve.I play your modification(a special thank you for it)I will be gladto assist you with the translation.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:28:59 PM by Yura »