Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front not working on Steam (update)  (Read 48879 times)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front not working on Steam (update)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
or they will continue with their plan, abandon coh1 and make coh2 better because EF mod is giving them bad benefits.

It is SEGA's plan. Not relic. I've seen it before. SEGA destroy games with patch watings that are months long. Hotfixes? Nah, not the SEGA way. Some of my favorite games got assf***ed by SEGA because they shut down the project after the first two patches cus sales was starting to drop.

So the game was unplayable but they got paid... I kinda knew this would happen when SEGA took over, told some friends they were gonna fuck it all up and all, but there is nothing we can do about it so.. Whats the point of trying.
Yes, this makes total sense since SEGA invested money to get CoH to steam instead of just abandoning support altogether when Quazal Servers closed on May 13th of last year...

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline asolole

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 03:17:56 PM »
 :'( please simply make the oshteer available for 2.602
i really like this mod, and my internet is not so good. i just want to play skirmish via lan with my friends.
thank you for your effort. EF team are amazing.

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
Iam really looking forward, iam sure Relic will release nearly an new Patch.
SEGA plans to implement "Battle Servers" for CoH2 and CoH1. Maybe it needs its time but we can be sure EF will work again ;D

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
In mean time they should've revert the last patch... its broken anyway, not only for mods.
But they are only making us to wait... :(

Offline minhvn

• Beta Testers
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »
Why making us waiting while they can completely destroy the game and start making money from the new game?

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 10:18:29 PM »
IF there is any 'shady activity' happening, its not on Relic's part. I read a preview article for CoH2 where they had nothing but praise for the EFmod, citing it as a source of inspiration in fact! Furthermore, they were directly quoted as saying that they intentionally 'patched in' some changes to make the EFmod teams task easier (this was back before THQ finally went under mind you).

So yeah, as I see it, if there are 'shenanigans' at play, they are on the part of SEGA or STEAM (or that third-party 'legacy support' mob that got mentioned), not Relic.

¬JD
~ MedMod Dev

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 01:26:48 AM »
or they will continue with their plan, abandon coh1 and make coh2 better because EF mod is giving them bad benefits.

It is SEGA's plan. Not relic. I've seen it before. SEGA destroy games with patch watings that are months long. Hotfixes? Nah, not the SEGA way. Some of my favorite games got assf***ed by SEGA because they shut down the project after the first two patches cus sales was starting to drop.

So the game was unplayable but they got paid... I kinda knew this would happen when SEGA took over, told some friends they were gonna fuck it all up and all, but there is nothing we can do about it so.. Whats the point of trying.
Yes, this makes total sense since SEGA invested money to get CoH to steam instead of just abandoning support altogether when Quazal Servers closed on May 13th of last year...

Acutally it does. The old version had THQ's logo in it and had to be shut down. After the THQ bankrupt sale they released a new steam version putting the price up to 25Euro for Coh + Exp. When people didn't want to get COH2, they still wanted to play COH again. The same way i played SC1 the most right before SC2 came out. Thus they buy the 25Euro COH edition.

Now that the 25Euro COH edition don't work anymore people will get COH2 to play online. If they go back to COH when they fix it in april or whatever. They still might have some thousand new sales.

But then again a thousand or just afjew hundred sales don't mean much. So my guess is that there will be an expansion to COH 2 or a new release soon. SEGA has done it with other games. One of which i enjoyed alot, Universe At War. Even hotfixes took over a month to release. After four patches the game still had issues and died shortly after it got abandoned.

If people start playing COH2 they will not only earn on sales but DLC. Maby the next patch for COH 1 will be DLC patch, or pay for online play.

Only time will tell. It's february now and i think march or april is the time they will release the already created fix. Why? Because it's SEGA. Total war Rome 2 is published by Sega.  Colonial Marines is a first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by SEGA!

SEGA fucks everything up!

Offline InconvenientWitness

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Idiots from SEGA have forgotten about one fact. MoW: Asault Squad 2 incoming soon. I think they won't manage update CoH2 which still has many bugs. So, I wish from myself that incoming MoW will totally crush and blow out CoH2. SEGA deserves it for their approach for customers. Ofcourse not everyone will play MoW because it is more difficult and realistic than CoH but I hope that at least part present players will abandon CoH2.

Offline dbkblk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »
@Monos: I hope you're wrong!

By the way, i think a great game is recognized because it has great mods (which means modders wanted to put their time to enhance it).

Offline asolole

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »
oshteer on 2.602

Offline SollingDown

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 12:39:07 AM »
GOD DAMN IT I CANT WAIT NO MORE  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

gimme easter front, right now!

Offline KarolR87

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »
GOD DAMN IT I CANT WAIT NO MORE  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

gimme easter front, right now!

Dude, you should write it  on official company of heroes forum. It's not EF team's fault. You may say "thank you" for SEGA. You can play Ostheer on 2.602 it has been described in this forum.

Offline dbkblk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:45 PM »
I have a backup of Coh Steam from June 2013. My idea was basically to install the game from that backup and to observe the updated file. This way, i would have created a patch to revert to old version of Coh_steam to play EF.
The problem is that, even with auto-updates disabled, steam update the game to the latest version.

I can't find any tool to extract the files contained in the backup. Any of you have an idea ?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
Just install the basic company of heroes : Tales of Valor on steam. It should be unlocked for download in your steam library. This version won't work for online gaming (unless you're using tunngle for emulated LAN games) but you can play Eastern Front with that version.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline dbkblk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
Ok. Thanks for the tip. Sometime i try to search for complex ways whereas there are very simple others.

EDIT: Where can i find the factionfix.dll without downloading the whole 1.7 again ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:50:14 PM by dbkblk »