Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Making bodies stay for some time (yet another thread)  (Read 936 times)

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Making bodies stay for some time (yet another thread)
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
Hello everyone. I've searched the forum and I've found a couple of topics featuring this problem, but neither of them doesn't give a solution. I hate to create another thread, but I'd love to have an exact answer, so here we are. So, let's get straight to the problem, shall we? In the current version I noticed that when a soldier is killed (and I mean killed for good, not wriggling on the ground in pain, that works fine), he falls and disappears immediately. Is there a way of making dead bodies stay at least for some time, a minute, or 30 secs? I'm not asking about them staying till the end of the match/forever, just not vanishing instantly. Maybe it's a bug, or something that can be changed by fiddling with the game options? Thanks in advance.

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Making bodies stay for some time (yet another thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
The "dead" bodies, like after a poor sap gets a sniper bullet through his brain, serves no further purpose to the game.  Injured soldiers are part of the medic system, and thus will remain until they are deleted by the game or are picked up by a medic.

Not sure if it's possible to keep dead bodies, though I've yet to see it.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

chaosval3

Re: Making bodies stay for some time (yet another thread)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »
Not to mention that they will drain performance for basically nil benefit.