Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Replace the Wehrmacht Flak36 with the PaK43/41  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Carlos Danger

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Replace the Wehrmacht Flak36 with the PaK43/41
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
Suggestion - Replace the Wehrmacht's Flak36 with the PaK43/41. Possibly add a halftrack - for instance the Sd.Kfz.11 - that can tow the gun around and give it some limited mobility.

The PaK43/41

Why I think this is a good idea - The Flak36 is currently featured in Company Of Heroes twice, as part of the Wehr's Defensive Doctrine and as part of the PE's Luftwaffe Doctrine. Replacing the Wehrmacht Flak36 with the PaK43/41 - which has similar firepower - would make the two doctrines feel more unique. I also think that replacing the static Flak36 with the (slightly) more mobile Pak43/41 would be good for gameplay because players wouldn't end up in situations where their expensive Flak gun is far away from the action doing nothing because they can't move it.

Adding a special artillery tractor to drag the PaK43/41 around, in my opinion, would be a good decision, because it's a really heavy gun (nearly 10 000 pounds according to Wikipedia, or four times the weight of the American M1 57mm) and it would look silly for a standard anti-tank gun crew of three men to move the thing around the battlefield.

It makes more sense to replace the Wehrmacht's Flak36 with the PaK43/41 than replace the PE's Flak36, because the PE model is supposed to be part of an anti-air doctrine.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:55:46 AM by Carlos Danger »

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: Replace the Wehrmacht Flak36 with the PaK43/41
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
Sorry but i think that this is a bad idea. First of all i think that the team wont change the dictum "we dont touch vanilla stuff" in future. EF is more or less an unofficial fan-made AddOn that dont touch vanilla units and mechanics. And this is already the next problem. Implementing half track that are able to pull guns are a complete new feature with an big impact on gameplay and gamestyle. First of all we would need someone for the animations, someone who is coding the mechanism and someone who will balance this feature ingame. This "change" would cause conflicts with gameplay. Ingame you would need two different units (more pop, more units, more data) to work. The Pak 43 would be still an good anti tank gun but with the feature to move around it would be much harder for artillery and mortars to eliminate this unit.
All in all i'm afraid that is is a nice suggestion but it isnt an option for the EF mod.
May the force be with you.

Offline Larm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 03:09:09 AM »
As far as I know the Far east mod was working on a AT gun pulled by an APC. I am not sure if it works properly  and how much it effect the gameplay.  Just take a look:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-far-east-war [nofollow]

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
"We also decided to make one reward tree for the other vanilla factions as well. We haven't discussed about what they would be about, but if you have an interesting idea, please share it with us ;)."

and now it is possible ? i found the idea is good
a pak 43 with concret emplacement   8)

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?"
Pierre Desproges

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
I'm not sure if we can add this unit to the concrete emplacement because it is huge and when rotating it will look weird, but we can add it by sure.

However, we would need to assemble a command tree that has fits with this weapon.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »
I'm not sure if we can add this unit to the concrete emplacement because it is huge and when rotating it will look weird, but we can add it by sure.

However, we would need to assemble a command tree that has fits with this weapon.

We could do our own Pak43 concrete emplacement :p.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s