Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Game crashes after 10-30 minutes of Skirmish  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Freimeier

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Game crashes after 10-30 minutes of Skirmish
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
Hi!
The search function did not come up with anything useful, so I'm creating this thread.

The game crashes, regardless of faction or map after 10-30 minutes of Skirmishing.
There is no soundloop, no blackscreen - the game just freezes for a short while ( 1-4seconds ) and afterwards I receive a Relic crash report.

Maps I tried:
Hochwald Gap
Stalingrad
Wolfhetze
Eliptic fields
The Sheldt

Factions I tried:
Ostheer
Wehrmacht
Soviet

Things I was doing during the crash:
Sometimes I'm not doing anything, the game once crashed while I was eating and watching the AI.
The Game often crashed when I tried to capture a weapon.
In this specific crash, I was moving 4 infantry squads towards the middle of the Hochwald gap ( Light MG as Ostheer ).

This is my setup:
Windows 7, 32 bit
Athlon II x2 250, 3.0 ghz
4gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 210, driver up to date

Attached are the scarlog, the .dmp file and the warnings log that was created during the last crash.

What I've tried this far:
Deleting the playback.rec file.
Deleting the entire folder, if playback.rec was not available.
Complete uninstall + manual removal of leftovers of EF and every CoH Version, followed by clean re-install.
Lowering settings to minimum.

So, yeah, I'm kinda desperate right now since I really love this mod and I'd like to play, but the game just keeps crashing whenever I wanna play and I have no idea why. So, if you can find the time to help me, that'd be greatly appreciated.  ;D

Offline SchlagtSieTot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes after 10-30 minutes of Skirmish
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »
It's a bug after a resent update for VCoH. It occurs while recrewing weapons.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes after 10-30 minutes of Skirmish
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:22:09 PM »
As explained in other topics in this section, the game will crash due to an update being released by Relic, but we have a fix for it, but we are testing it in our internal build. Quoting another dev in this section:

I cannot give you an ETA because I am not involved in that process. If you are feeling adventurous, you can try updating it yourself:
Go here and download the file from the first link in the first post. Unpack the file and move the FactionFix.dll to your CoH directory (overriding any previous versions of that DLL). The crashes should be fixed then.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...