Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0  (Read 46416 times)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
No. The new model will simply replace the old one. That's all.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 01:34:01 AM »

As you say, the Katyusha is excellent, but this would add a bit more diversity, which i consider to be good, especially since this has now become the Soviets' only artillery following the removement of the 122mm Howitzer.

....The SU-76 and KV-2 would like to have a word with you :P

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 04:32:01 AM »
I think the Artillery emplacement should be brought back too... The 'red army' feels incomplete without it... Then again, I may be a little biased... When I think of the ww2 'red army', I think under-equipped conscript rushes and indiscriminate (and crude) artillery 'massed barrages' (the God of War ability).

I think 'mobile arty' should be pretty much non-existent for the Russians in general, as fixed arty fits better the 'Soviet' style of under-imaginative use. That said, the su-122/KV-2 use howitzer type guns, but they aren't actually 'arty' as they are direct fire, not bombardment based, so it would be tough to legitimize replacing them with 'fixed guns' (different role altogether).

~JD
~ MedMod Dev

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 07:48:42 AM »

As you say, the Katyusha is excellent, but this would add a bit more diversity, which i consider to be good, especially since this has now become the Soviets' only artillery following the removement of the 122mm Howitzer.

The SU-76 artillery is, to my opinion, no better than a mortar. It costs you 100 munition to upgrade and then has a longer reload time and a way smaller splash/AoE than the 107mm mortar, for just a bit more range.

KV-2 isn't bad but it's very inaccurate and you can only have one at a time, with a reload so long you could send the KV-2 to drive out there and direct-fire it instead.

Besides, the KV-2 and SU-76 aren't purpose-built indirect-fire artillery

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »

The SU-76 artillery is, to my opinion, no better than a mortar. It costs you 100 munition to upgrade and then has a longer reload time and a way smaller splash/AoE than the 107mm mortar, for just a bit more range.

KV-2 isn't bad but it's very inaccurate and you can only have one at a time, with a reload so long you could send the KV-2 to drive out there and direct-fire it instead.

Besides, the KV-2 and SU-76 aren't purpose-built indirect-fire artillery

Actually, you're not completely right. The 107mm mortar may have a Little more splash range (but it's really a matter of a few centimeters ingame), but the Shell damage is much lower. The SU 76 deals way more damage with ist Barrage, so you have a higher Chance of killing soldiers/weapon Crews with a direct hit than with the mortar. 
The KV 2 may shoot ist Barrage not as fast as the Firebase, but still, with ist huge range it's pretty useful.

On top of that, you've forgotten the artillery spotter. He provides line of sight for all your artillery, which makes them much, much more accurate compared to firing into the fog of war. And, if necessary, he can also use call in artillery strikes.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »
One of the most complicated things in EF is the fight against the prejudice of the red army.
Most of us were affected by the stereotypes of the red army. But there is always an other side of the story. We have to concentrate on balance. When our balance-team cant find a way to balance and deal with the artillery emplacement the team will disable it to enforce the gameplay experience. Perhaps you should try Darc's tips for the red army to enforce your gameplay. With mortar, propaganda doctrine and Su 76 u have a lot of artillery power. You have to use it.

And a side note about the Su 76 and KV-2 in indirect fire combat:
Both units were designed to fight in indirect fire support missions. KV-2 wasnt often used in indirect fire support. Okay. But KV-2 was able to do it. The Su 76 was used often in indirect fire support because red army had no other weapon system for this mission and so Su 76 was designed and used for this combat missions. We can discuss about the historical and military effect but keep in mind that EF and CoH is a videogame and not a history documentation. So i cant see a problem in the representation of this units in EF.
May the force be with you.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
As there seems to be no interest in my proposal, I hereby apologize for the waste of time I have created

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »
You shouldn't be angry about this, and you shouldn't apologize for bringing this here, that's the reason we have a forum after all. The point is, there is no reason to make them stronger because they are fine as it. You don't need stronger artillery because Soviets have too many, specially if we talk about Propaganda.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline XPansaElite31stX

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
its the 26,09,14 I have just gotten all the updates and all that is needid for Eastern Front Company of heros sometimes it works fine. Most times it crashs while playing online with others last about hafe an hr if that whats going on Company of heros 2 sucks no one wants to play that. this ones much better is ther going to be a Fix for this?

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »
Hi all
the brümbar misses me   :-\
and what about stürmtiger ? can i hope to play with it in next patch ?

great job , love your work  :)

A+
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:23:21 PM by PoliorcetE »
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?"
Pierre Desproges

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
Sturmtiger will be featured in the "Stadtkampf" reward doctrine for Ostheer. We're aiming to include this doctrine into the steam release.

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »
thx for the info  :)

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?"
Pierre Desproges

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »
Hi all

the tank hall of soviet union will be change in next patch ?

A+
Pierre Desproges

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »
I don't think so, unless Burro wants to give priority to that :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:35 AM »
I'm forcing myself not to make and new models for time being since I have a tonne of half finished stuff that needs completed. A new Tank Hall will come, but not in the next patch... the patch afterwards however, there's a possibility.