Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [2.300] Game crashes/freezes - Post here  (Read 46832 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
[2.300] Game crashes/freezes - Post here
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »
We figured out the TEMP Folder Full Error.
See here for more details.

Please include the following files:

*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/warnings.log
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Temp/RandomLettersAndNumbers.dmp (see below)

How to get the DUMP file
  • Hold Windows Key and click R
  • Enter "%Temp%" (without " " and with % %)
  • Find the .dmp file that was created at the time of the crash

Additional Information
Please provide the following information as well.

*What map were you playing?
*Which factions were involved?
*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!
*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?
*What game mode were you playing?

Doing this helps us figure out the cause of the crashes easier, and fix them. Posts without any relevant information will be deleted.

Since we only support the Steam version, I updated the paths where the logs should be found. We do not offer support for bugs found in versions which use a different directory for storing their logs. Also, we only support the latest Steam version of Company of Heroes.

If you are going to post the content of the log files instead of attach them in the topic, make sure you use the code tags!
Code: [Select]
Quote to see the code tags
One last thing I'd like to add as note: IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE NO-POP CAP MODE AND YOUR GAME CRASHES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING FOR TECH SUPPORT FROM US, BECAUSE WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT FOR THAT VARIANT OF THE GAME.

That game-type was included due to popular demand, and since CoH Essence engine cannot support the stress of handling too many objects regardless if you use vanilla factions or not, specially if you are fighting against AI(regardless of faction) we can't do anything about it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:08:51 AM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline alexstyleto

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: [2.300] Game crashes/freezes - Post here
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »
Hi ! Game crashed 3 times one after another, the first couple of minutes on same skirmish, run as admin or not, population limited or not, same factions, at the point i click on soldiers to pair them with lieutenant, info's & picture are attached.
[Windows 8.1 enterprise x64].
Windows, graphic card, sound card, Direct X all updated, net framework 3.5 enabled, latest NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU installed.
Game COHTOV2700_relaunch & Mod EF_Setup2.3.0.0_Full, clean installation.
...I can't think of any reason for this to happen.
???   If any other info is necessary just let me know, I'll be glad to help solve this one.

* Older mod & patches worked fine, except "EF_Setup(2.2.0.0)" that crashed all the time too.
* Game & Mod installed in English language but there are Russian especially in customize army menu.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:04:07 AM by alexstyleto »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »
@alexstyleto
You are playing EF on a backup of the first version of the Steam CoH(v2.700.0) and it will never run properly. Either you use the CoH v2.602, install EF v2.300 and install the compatibility patch or just update your game(v2.700.2) on Steam and install EF v2.300.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline alexstyleto

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »
@Enrique 'Blackbishop' E
It's CoH(v2.700.0), i didn't know that needs to be updated(v2.700.2) for the mod to work properly.

Tanks a lot !   :)

Offline enkhbold

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:43:49 PM »
Please include the following files:

*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/warnings.log
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Temp/RandomLettersAndNumbers.dmp (see below)

How to get the DUMP file

Hold Windows Key and click R
    Enter "%Temp%" (without " " and with % %)
    Find the .dmp file that was created at the time of the crash
All file delete. still CRASH REPORT

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 07:43:11 PM »
No one asked you to delete anything, why did you do that?

Also, could you stop reporting your own posts to get more attention... this ain't gonna help you.
Mors Indecepta

Offline luminos

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:24:02 AM »
Hi Bishop

Ok i got some error and Screen freeze when i play COH : EF patch 2.300

My Current Version is COH is 2.602

I got screen freeze whenever i try to play EF MAP : HALBE. When i click Start Now my game instantly froze, i try to waiting because i thought its loading the map, but when its already 10 minutes i open task manager and its say "Not Responding", i Press End now and restart Coh : EF, and try to load the map again and same its freeze

The next maybe not error but maybe bug

its Panzer Elite Jadgtiger Sound and Veterancy, and Jadgpanzer sound

When i call Jadgtiger its always say "Jadgpanther" and when i call jadgpanzer its always say Hetzer.

and about Jadgtiger veterancy,i dont know if its bug or not but when i kill tanks vehicles its did not vetted at all even when i already smash more than 10 Tanks.

Thanks before, i hope that Halbe Map is fixed since i really like that map 3v3

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »
@luminos
Jagdtiger doesn't earn vet, and we don't make new sounds for the new units, so if you listen closely even Guards say they are rangers and T-34 most likely Shermans.
Mors Indecepta

Offline luminos

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
@luminos
Jagdtiger doesn't earn vet, and we don't make new sounds for the new units, so if you listen closely even Guards say they are rangers and T-34 most likely Shermans.

Roger that, i am done with that.

So about Halbe map, any idea?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
Most likely you can't run that map because of your PC specs? I can't tell you another answer with just reading your post.
Mors Indecepta

Offline luminos

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 05:40:56 AM »
I am sorry but, before i patch to 2.300 i can play halbe map fluidly without any error or sudden disconnect but i will look into it, i will try to uninstall and install it again and see if its still error.

Thanks

Offline Raptek1

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »
I found this while playing. Are the bonuses for the grenadiers not available or just aren't visible?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »
The bonuses are never visible, the vet marks are though ;)... we did a mistake and the Grenadier vet marks are weird, but the bonuses remain the same. It will be fixed for the next patch.
Mors Indecepta

Offline DreadPirateRoberts

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 01:17:31 AM »
My friend and I are getting a very severe issue that I cannot find anywhere on these fourms.

Every time either of us, in multiplayer or singleplayer, enters a Skirmish Match the game ALWAYS crashes with a Relic Crash Report box at anywhere between 20-40 minutes.

I've tried everything, deleting files, reinstalling, setting affinity, limiting CPUs, lowering graphics to the bear minimum, none of it works.

I'm running on New Steam with version 2.300

Please try and help. My friend and I really love what we played of this mod and we both want to get into some epic matches with Brits, Reds v. Ostheer and Wermecht.  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:20:04 PM by DreadPirateRoberts »

Offline DreadPirateRoberts

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 01:50:47 AM »
UPDATE: We've lowered the graphic settings and it hasn't crashed for a while. I'm not sure if our problem is totally resolved though. I'll update you on what happens.

The only thing of note is that during one battle I got a 'FATAL AI ERROR - PAUSED EXECUTION' and then I exited the battle and the game crashed.

Please get back to me soon, thanks.