Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.300 Bugs  (Read 25094 times)

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: 2.300 Bugs
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »
skirmish commander cant pick up the medical supply drop
That's a side effect from having no weapon slots, will be fixed in the next patch.
But sniper can pick up the medical drop but it has no slots
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
As explained by @darc before, that is a side effect and not the cause. That unit wasn't intended to pick up anything, so bringing other units' set up is not going to help... in case you still doubt it ;). There is no reason any unit (other than USA ones) would pick up something other than a weapon before Ostheer came.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ALANKO

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
When i cap first point the game crashes everytime!
I try to play with Russia on 4x4 maps with fixed switched positions, anihilate condition, max resources.
The game start having crashes since patch EF_Setup(1.8.0.1) and i stop plaing it.
Now i see it has EF_Setup(2.2.2.0) but stupid crash is still there.
I send a reports about that bug i hope you fix it or just remove EF_Setup(1.8.0.1) patch.
At least tell me what to do to avoid crashes or how to avoid installing of EF_Setup(1.8.0.1).
I want to play new patches without that crash.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »
You don't even need to install EF v1.8.0.1 anymore. The latest version is 2.3.0.0, however, if you are not using the latest Steam version it will always crash... it has always been like this. Most likely you are using a pirate version which is not supported so it will always crash.

There is a compatibility patch for CoH 2.602 too, for more information about the latest version you can read the announcement here.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »
really getting into playing with OST so tried a different doctrine and noticed some issues(i normally play  fortress)
Using Army support

XP menu headings  state " Blank"

Confusion on XP menu,  no.5 states choice of luchs or wespe depending on pool yet no.6 is just wespe with both active.

landsers not able to build foxholes yet still have "build" icon not sure if ability is supposed to be there but with no emplacements surely they should have foxholes.

Brandenburgers drop worked about 10 mins after clicking and no where near the location i clicked?

Randomly, groups of  squads affect a much slower capture of points, think i had 1 PF 2 landsers and some BBs and capture went very slow, retried directing one squad at a time and all ok..

Will report any more i come across :)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 05:26:08 AM »
After loading a saved game where i had a bunch of vet 4 brandenburgers with LMGs, they were equipped with their default mosin rifles instead of the lmgs they picked up. However, after a guy died and another reinforced the LMG was back
My personal favorite

Offline IoulianosApostates

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
At first I thought the missing Ostheer medkits were a bug, but after reading this, I found out that you guys took it out on purpose.
In my opinion, this was a bad decision. I mostly play as the soviets, but sometimes I play as Ostheer, and from what I understand, the faction is supposed to be very offensive and use harrasment strategies and always be on the move. If there is no way to heal your units, except one bound to a specific doctrine, without running all the way back to headquaters, most of the point of Ostheer infantry is rendered moot. If you're going to remove healing machinegun-nests because the faction should be offensive-focused, please don't add in something that forces the faction to be more defensive.

Please make the medkits more expensive or give units a defence debuff while healing or even both, but please reinstate it, as constantly running back to the base really limits your offensive  capabilities and your options in general.

Also, please bring back the anti-tank guys... In my opinion, the Ostheer has too little anti-vehicle options early to mid game.
Soviets get light armour before OH are able to effectively counter them (and I say this as a Soviet-focused player)

chaosval3

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »
Ostheer heals by building the medic tent in the base sector. It's pretty similar to US. If you are going to use in-field healing offensively, you'll be wasting your munitions. The healing would either be underpowered or overpowered. That's why we have reverted to passive healing in the base sector since you take decent casualties in the field as OH.

The medic airdrop was buffed internally. It's a lot better now.

We have rearranged the soft-AT options internally so that Ostheer have more options to fend off early Soviet tanks and be a bit more lenient with the hard counters to AT. Additional light AT options are going to be evaluated.

The best part of passive healing is that you can simply rest and refit in base and wholly concentrate on fighting instead of having your units be debuffed when healing in the heat of battle or being forced to exit the engagement because they need to heal and because they are debuffed. It's a bit easier on the micro.

It's less like Wehrmacht, which has defensive non-doctrinal infantry.

This is however the wrong topic to discuss such matters. Please post any balance concerns in the balance discussion thread.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:05:46 AM by chaosval3 »

Offline Jäger

• Donor
  • Guard
  • Amateur WW2 Historian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 09:08:49 PM »
Katyusha's still refuse to fire
This has been a prevalent bug since 2.0.0

Another bug;
I try to place a Soviet Tank Hall
I click where I want it to go
the bluehighlight showing where it'll be stays there
My ingenery move to make it
then it disappears and nothing happens.

It took me over 35 minutes to get a tank hall when I was floating in fuel
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:15:27 PM by Jäger »

chaosval3

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 10:41:35 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong( Bish?), but the angle of fire has been adjusted internally.

I am not sure what you mean with the second bug. Did you click your engies to move by accident or something of the sort? Technically, it should just be click and they start to build.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
Yeah, nothing more can be done until the new model comes up.

About the second "bug", that happens when something changes in the terrain or the resources, perhaps one unit ran in the area, perhaps an invisible unit was there or the resources were not enough by the time it arrived to start to build. There is nothing wrong with the building other than it is not the proper Tank Hall building.
Mors Indecepta

Offline minhvn

• Beta Testers
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »
Would be great if you guys can implement the option to change where the building's facing when you build one (not talking about the MG emplacement)

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Nope, we won't :p.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:49 PM »
I dont think that is possible. However, what is possible is that you get 4 different versions of a models, each of which are positioned at different angles. They would all be identical, but the models would just be rotated to accommodate the size of the base. If you wanted to go all out, you could even make 8 different versions, where there would be a 45°, 135°, 225°, and a 315° as additional models.
My personal favorite