Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.300 Bugs  (Read 25101 times)

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: 2.300 Bugs
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
When calling in supplies from Maultier truck (Support Army) and the plane is shot down, Brandenburgers spawn at the crash site.

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2015, 03:04:11 PM »
If Panzerfusiliers lose their MG34, it can't be purchased again

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
@Xenobane
About the Maultier thingy. There is no such thing for the JU-52. It is likely you are playing an old build, because last time that was checked somehow was on March from 2013 and in the latest code there is nothing that makes this possible. Neither the Brandenburger call-in has a feature like that.

For the MG-34, that's normal. If you lose a schreck from a German squad, whether is from WH, PE or OH you lose it permanently unless you pick it up again. Same applies for all these kind of weapons like the MG-42 or the DP-28 or the PTRD-41/PTRS-41.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2015, 11:46:59 PM »
I figured out that I have added a few lines through corsix to prevent Fatal AI Error when Greyhounds and Staghounds were fighting AT guns- maybe those caused all that mess... I will reinstall the mod- sorry for those false leads :(

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »
Make sure the EF folder is gone before reinstalling and make sure you are installing the latest build (EF v2.300).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Rumean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
Ostheer: the change from Heal-vet to support-vet doesn't work for the Sturmpios. They still have the Heal-vet and it seems to be instant Vet4. when they get vet1 and i choose the crane symbol they can heal themselfes and nearby units.

Offline Rumean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »
SU: the model of the KV-1 has some errors.
             1. the coaxial turret MG is firing from behind the turret, that looks weird when the turret is turned to the side.
             2. whenever the KV1 fires its main gun,some muzzle fire(smoke) goes to the front of the hull even when the turret is turned to the side or back

Offline Rumean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »
Ostheer: the tank veterancy seems to have some issues.
            1. all tanks get the top MG gunner at vet 1 if choosen (maybe intendet but wrong description?).
            2. the speed veterancy doesnt work. (i tried it with the Pz. IV: i let a speed(vet 4) and a comand(vet4) Pz.IV drive several races. they have the exact same speed, acceleration and
            traverse speed) vet4 (smoke) works just fine

Offline SchlagtSieTot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »
When I order an MG squad to go on combat patrol, the A key on the keyboard, the team will head off, an sometimes this will happen:
The team will encounter enemy infantry, deploy MG and engage. Enemy retreat, the loader and the helper will move on to the designated location, but the gunner will halt on his positio. The team can end up being separated by a very large distance, resulting in some weird situations if the gunner, or the other two, gets killed.
I have also seen other strange things where the MG team will deploy the MG facing the wrong direction, pack it back up, redeploy, pack up again, and redeploy yet again - and by this time they are pretty much history or hauling ass back to base.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:29:40 PM by SchlagtSieTot »

Offline Rumean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
Soviet Union:
     1. when recrewing a Mg, Mortar or AT gun the cost to refresh this MG later in the game depends on the cost to refresh the unit it was recrewed with (e.g. if it is recrewed with conscripts it costs
         only 7mp to refresh) not sure if this is intended (recrew cost for single AT gun member with standard crew is 2mp: seems weird)
     2. siper ace: after firing the suppresion shot on a unit the sniper instantly shoots again if there is a target left. (2 kills in 1 sec) not sure maybe this is intended but there is a incorrect german
         description?)
     3.1 the SU-100 upgrade doesnt change the look of the SU. The model still has the 85mm gun attached.
     3.2 when upgrading the SU-85 to the SU-100 with ammunition the description is about the 85mm gun and the T34 (german description)
     3.3 when upgrading the SU-85 to the SU-100 with ammunition the name of the tank doesnt change to the upgraded tank name as it does with the similar upgrade for the T34
     3.4 the 100mm upgrade doesn't change the ingame stats of the SU (below the picture)
     4. partisanen(dont know the english name) walk on full speed when camouflaged

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2015, 04:34:33 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Ostheer: the change from Heal-vet to support-vet doesn't work for the Sturmpios. They still have the Heal-vet and it seems to be instant Vet4. when they get vet1 and i choose the crane symbol they can heal themselfes and nearby units.
I checked but everything seems fine. They no longer have anything medic among them.

SU: the model of the KV-1 has some errors.
             1. the coaxial turret MG is firing from behind the turret, that looks weird when the turret is turned to the side.
             2. whenever the KV1 fires its main gun,some muzzle fire(smoke) goes to the front of the hull even when the turret is turned to the side or back
Already known from centuries ago ;).

Ostheer: the tank veterancy seems to have some issues.
            1. all tanks get the top MG gunner at vet 1 if choosen (maybe intendet but wrong description?).
            2. the speed veterancy doesnt work. (i tried it with the Pz. IV: i let a speed(vet 4) and a comand(vet4) Pz.IV drive several races. they have the exact same speed, acceleration and
            traverse speed) vet4 (smoke) works just fine
The description is already fixed in the beta. I don't think you can really measure the acceleration just by seeing it though and I'm sure it works fine.

When I order an MG squad to go on combat patrol, the A key on the keyboard, the team will head off, an sometimes this will happen:
The team will encounter enemy infantry, deploy MG and engage. Enemy retreat, the loader and the helper will move on to the designated location, but the gunner will halt on his positio. The team can end up being separated by a very large distance, resulting in some weird situations if the gunner, or the other two, gets killed.
I have also seen other strange things where the MG team will deploy the MG facing the wrong direction, pack it back up, redeploy, pack up again, and redeploy yet again - and by this time they are pretty much history or hauling ass back to base.
That can't be fixed, these are the regular animations for HMGs.

Soviet Union:
     1. when recrewing a Mg, Mortar or AT gun the cost to refresh this MG later in the game depends on the cost to refresh the unit it was recrewed with (e.g. if it is recrewed with conscripts it costs
         only 7mp to refresh) not sure if this is intended (recrew cost for single AT gun member with standard crew is 2mp: seems weird)
     2. siper ace: after firing the suppresion shot on a unit the sniper instantly shoots again if there is a target left. (2 kills in 1 sec) not sure maybe this is intended but there is a incorrect german
         description?)
     3.1 the SU-100 upgrade doesnt change the look of the SU. The model still has the 85mm gun attached.
     3.2 when upgrading the SU-85 to the SU-100 with ammunition the description is about the 85mm gun and the T34 (german description)
     3.3 when upgrading the SU-85 to the SU-100 with ammunition the name of the tank doesnt change to the upgraded tank name as it does with the similar upgrade for the T34
     3.4 the 100mm upgrade doesn't change the ingame stats of the SU (below the picture)
     4. partisanen(dont know the english name) walk on full speed when camouflaged
1. That's normal and unavoidable.
2. I'll check the shot thingy.
3. Already known, that's why we made a new model and posted pics about it in the announcement section.
4. Not sure if that's intended.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Rumean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »
I don't think you can really measure the acceleration just by seeing it though and I'm sure it works fine.

if it's not possible to even see a difference in a direct comparrison of two drag-racing tanks, what is the point in choosing it then? If it works it must be really underpowered.

Offline ATL

• Ingenery
  • Fear the Sturmpanzerjäg... whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
Partisans camouflage is intended to work like that, not a bug, and it's a pretty nice feature  :).

As for the Ostheer Engine veterancy, its bonuses are like +5% max speed and around +10% to acceleration when vet 3 (you only get smoke when ace), which should be pretty much unnoticeable. I don't think it's bugged, just severely outweighted by the other 2 options, but that shouldn't be discussed here  ;).
Amateur player and statistics maniac
"Deep understanding of the gameplay mechanics and skill is better than mere skill"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
That's right. It is not a bug, so it can't be discussed as such.
Mors Indecepta

chaosval3

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »
In competitive play, nothing is more important than speed. Especially when it comes to tank battles. That's why even a tetrarch can destroy a Tiger II with enough patience. It might not seem like much, but the boni stack, which does make a difference, since you might even be able to outspeed most rotating turrets. However, this doesn't mean it works perfectly. If you feel it is underpowered, please post an enquiry including an attached replay of a game that supports your argument(s). We are always willing to take a look at it. Just don't expect Bugatti Veyrons ;).

About the Partisans. Internally, we removed the SMGs they posessed. This was to compensate for their full movement speed while cloaked. Otherwise, they would have speed, stealth AND wipe potential. Combine that with a cheap price (240 manpower in the sandbox) and well.... you get what I mean.