Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: OST Nerfed?  (Read 7108 times)

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: OST Nerfed?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 05:17:05 AM »
IMO, For offensive type, OH should have some sort of abilities like PE or Soviets so that the offensive ability can be utilized, such as Field Hospital reinforcements since forward barracks is not so useful for them.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »
they can use the halftrack for reinforcement, if that's what you mean by abilities, do have to say that  the kuglebitz and mauder 2 should really  be in the support mode, pak 40 without upgrade and mauder with. neither are really "offence" weapons

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 07:47:59 AM »
Halftrack comes in T3 which is a bit late compared to most others come from T2. Kugelblitz is in support mode right and Marder II has the long range and accuracy (and speed) which can make it as a semi aggresive unit, which Pak40 (no speed) lacks of.

Need mods to tell as they identified OH as offensive compared to Wehr, like PE (which means Wehr is more into defensive).

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »
but if you take it logically you can use the HQ reinforcement in early game which is really when you are on backfoot playing devensively until you are at t3 which is when you are getting more offensive ;)
Mauder is not really offenseive weapon, easily flanked by troops and vunerable to nades, its speed is no good in offensive role because of this, you have to keep it out of reach.
Would be nice to see a re-crewable version to adjust the balance and not use swamping of them if they were moved back to support role.
None of the existing anti-tank solutions early on take care of those infernal brits which have quick easy access to so much armoury even the heavier tanks come quite fast and OST have nothing to stand up against them.

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Brits come up with tanks quite late somehow and they are more specialized to defensive operations though IMO XD
With the newer patch OH is also hard to play as defensive due to hard vet and healing issue where Wehr and PE have :> And the slow manuver of OH means that to utilize with the infantry AT ability is better (such as Landser with AT gun).

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
are we playing the same game?

I don't play the brits as my mate insists on using them but access to the tetriach and one tank, is it the cromwell? (equiv) to panzer always seems to come before i have anything but landsers and the single squad armed with at guns can't touch even the basic tanks
Healing is the same as Wehr, return to base, so i dont get the issue there.. isn't it only soviets that have healing truck, tho that is big advantage locating it anywhere with retreat to function. that what OSt want

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
are we playing the same game?

I don't play the brits as my mate insists on using them but access to the tetriach and one tank, is it the cromwell? (equiv) to panzer always seems to come before i have anything but landsers and the single squad armed with at guns can't touch even the basic tanks
Healing is the same as Wehr, return to base, so i dont get the issue there.. isn't it only soviets that have healing truck, tho that is big advantage locating it anywhere with retreat to function. that what OSt want
Yes, that's not really what Landser Panzerbüchsen are for. They're mainly useful to prevent flanks on pak 40 and Marder II and to be used in halftracks to hunt down t70/t90/SU 76.

Halftrack comes in T3 which is a bit late compared to most others come from T2. Kugelblitz is in support mode right and Marder II has the long range and accuracy (and speed) which can make it as a semi aggresive unit, which Pak40 (no speed) lacks of.

Need mods to tell as they identified OH as offensive compared to Wehr, like PE (which means Wehr is more into defensive).
Yes, Ostheer is more offensive compared to Wehrmacht overall, but still you can Play them defensively with a t2 start. The halftrack may come in t3, but the fuel cost and time to get it is almost the same as for Wehrmacht halftracks. (60fuel and buildtime of t3 is a bit less than Wehrmacht's t2 tech + kriegbarracks buildtime). So, that's not really an Argument to say that the halftrack "Comes late".

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
Haha, I think it is on the same game :> As it is true like darcreaver said that it is good at early tanks when Panzerbüchsen are used, but I see the function is similar to PTRS where they are quite good when they are in a group of 3 to against Cromwell/ Sherman as they don't have heavy anti infantry tanks like StuH. Basically if play with infantry squad one squad cannot take down a tank, even a fully equipped Panzershreck due to accuracy and tank damage to infantry. (Teatrch is pretty weak against infantry so I think it is Cromwell).

Generally, a offensive player will opt out the time to go back and heal, right? This makes Wehr has the upper hand as Wehr can use muni to heal outside the base, instead like OH to go back and heal again (which is providing disadvantage for scout and sniper units). If the Sector Heal is back it will be great, or at least have the similar function like PE or Soviets healing truck XD

I will also have a try on comparing the fuel needs for halftracks if I have the chance. I think if the healing/ reinforcing ability outside the camp it might make defensive play harder (even with Army Fortress) since 2 command points for defensive buildings and retreat and go back might let the particular sector that you are defending occupied (if there is no halftrack/ buildings). I am not sure how to play as offensive as I am more into defensive + artillery types :>

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
Yes, that's not really what Landser Panzerbüchsen are for. They're mainly useful to prevent flanks on pak 40 and Marder II and to be used in halftracks to hunt down t70/t90/SU 76.

i know that's not what they are for, its just that by the time my mate has light armoury on the field landsers are all i have, with neither of us sacrificing anything else

i shall try and get a demo for u guys next time he kicks my ass :D

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »

i know that's not what they are for, its just that by the time my mate has light armoury on the field landsers are all i have, with neither of us sacrificing anything else

i shall try and get a demo for u guys next time he kicks my ass :D
You can also try placing riegelmines at key positions on the map, they deal pretty high damage to vehicles and give you more time to react. Also, just in case you need AT : get landsers + Panzerfusiliers. HHL + panzerbüchse work well together.

Good luck ;)

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
Haha, I think it is on the same game :> As it is true like darcreaver said that it is good at early tanks when Panzerbüchsen are used, but I see the function is similar to PTRS where they are quite good when they are in a group of 3 to against Cromwell/ Sherman as they don't have heavy anti infantry tanks like StuH. Basically if play with infantry squad one squad cannot take down a tank, even a fully equipped Panzershreck due to accuracy and tank damage to infantry. (Teatrch is pretty weak against infantry so I think it is Cromwell).

never try using multiple squads of men against the brit tanks, have you seen those bucket bombs eat thru troops lol

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

There's the Sherman Crocodile/105 for the US and, in a pinch, all the Churchills for the brits, specially AVRE

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »
If Brits taking the Churchill path indeed it is quite devastating against infantry since both AVRE and Crocodile are very tough against AT infantry. US 105 has less frequency to pop up since they have halftrack that are pretty strong against infantry units too, and I would prefer M4 + halftrack to fight against infantry + tanks :>

Now even T90 also have the ROKS effect, so it is hard to see which are taking the upper hand now.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
If Brits taking the Churchill path indeed it is quite devastating against infantry since both AVRE and Crocodile are very tough against AT infantry. US 105 has less frequency to pop up since they have halftrack that are pretty strong against infantry units too, and I would prefer M4 + halftrack to fight against infantry + tanks :>

Now even T90 also have the ROKS effect, so it is hard to see which are taking the upper hand now.

umm it ain't the OST that's for sure lol

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 03:29:14 AM »
Maybe when the vet and other issues fixed OH will become the slightly prominent faction too. :>