Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: OST Vet requires too much XP  (Read 1917 times)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
OST Vet requires too much XP
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »
title says all, I need to kill dozens of infantry for my landsers, brandenburgers, jagers, etc. just to reach vet 2/3, while other factions are able to do so much quicker. I do understand that the OST vet has more advantages such as the repair bonus or extra sight/cap, but still. US riflemen are capable of getting to vet 2 much quicker with around a dozen kills while it takes 2-3x more for the ostheer infantry.
My personal favorite

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: OST Vet requires too much XP
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »
title says all, I need to kill dozens of infantry for my landsers, brandenburgers, jagers, etc. just to reach vet 2/3, while other factions are able to do so much quicker. I do understand that the OST vet has more advantages such as the repair bonus or extra sight/cap, but still. US riflemen are capable of getting to vet 2 much quicker with around a dozen kills while it takes 2-3x more for the ostheer infantry.
First of all, the Soviets and the Americans actually are the fastest factions in the game to vet up due to vet up due to lower XP amount needed for the vet levels. And secondly, another possible explanation could be the fact that Ostheer units give the enemies much more XP when killed, than the Soviets. E.g. each Conscript model killed is worth 1 xp, while the landsers are worth 3 (i think) xp each, and we're not even talking about OH's flimsy but XP-expensive weapons teams who give a ridiculous amount of XP (5 or 6).

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: OST Vet requires too much XP
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »
Well, we had problems to determine the "correct" amount of XP needed for each veterancy level. Slight changes resulted in one faction steamroling the other with vetted troops, that's why Ostheer veterancy requirements are high at the moment. We're monitoring this and will adjust the experience if necessary with the next patches.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.