Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front launcher problem ????  (Read 1252 times)

Offline ajmcd

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Eastern Front launcher problem ????
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »
Is Eastern Front Launcher (3.2.0.0) still working ? When I check for updates I get the message that my game is up to date , but the game keeps crashing after approx 30 minutes . I have coh 2.700.42 and Ef version 2.2.1.0 . I have tried to down load 2.300 , but when the download completes , I get a message that windows does not know what program to use to open the file . Please help !
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:08:53 AM by ajmcd »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front launcher problem ????
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
Check in the properties of the file if the size is the right one (2 080 633 794 bytes). If it is, then just add to the file name the extension ".exe" to make it executable, otherwise you would need to download it again.

If you downloaded it from a mirror, you need to merge the three pieces, I have used 7z to split it, perhaps you might need it to merge them(if you have winrar I think it might work without 7z though, I don't remember TBH).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ajmcd

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front launcher problem ????
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:55:09 AM »
Thanks , that seems to have worked and I am installing as I write this . I did need to uninstall the previous version though .