Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Strax

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Please Help!
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
So,me and my 4 friends just downloaded Eastern Front after a year of pause,yes we do have latest version of CoH from Steam(we bought game) and latest version of eastern front,but we all crash at same time after like 10-15 minutes of skirmish gameplay.

Also game lags for me and my friend,not smooth at all,which is very strange im playing Battlefield 4 Multiplayer on ultra and Crysis 3 getting 60+ fps.

We never had any kind of this problems before,im looking forward to a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
FYI
We figured out the TEMP Folder Full Error.
See here for more details.

Please include the following files:

*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/warnings.log
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Temp/RandomLettersAndNumbers.dmp (see below)

How to get the DUMP file
  • Hold Windows Key and click R
  • Enter "%Temp%" (without " " and with % %)
  • Find the .dmp file that was created at the time of the crash

Additional Information
Please provide the following information as well.

*What map were you playing?
*Which factions were involved?
*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!
*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?
*What game mode were you playing?

Doing this helps us figure out the cause of the crashes easier, and fix them. Posts without any relevant information will be deleted.

One last thing I'd like to add as note: IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE NO-POP CAP MODE AND YOUR GAME CRASHES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING FOR TECH SUPPORT FROM US, BECAUSE WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT FOR THAT VARIANT OF THE GAME.

That game-type was included due to popular demand, and since CoH Essence engine cannot support the stress of handling too many objects regardless if you use vanilla factions or not, specially if you are fighting against AI(regardless of faction) we can't do anything about it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Strax

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt

LogFiles folder doesn't contain these files.

I included others.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:39:27 PM by Strax »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:02:44 AM »
Just to be sure, do you know that with [Date-and-Time] I mean an actual date and time string that represents the day, month, year, hours and minutes when the log was saved and not literally that whole string?

Now, about the warnings.log you attached, I don't see anything wrong with it, so can only think it can be due to two things:

1) Because it lags too much. In the version we are working right now has some improvements in that regard, if that's the cause of the error.

2) Because you don't have the latest version of CoH. I don't think this is the case though, can you check if in the main menu of CoH it appears as CoH version 2.700.2.42?

3) Because you don't have the latest version of EF. I'm not sure about it either, have you installed the compatibility patch for 2.602 or just the latest EF 2.3.0.0? If you installed the former it will cause crashes.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Strax

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »
Yes,i know but LogFiles folder doesn't contain scarlog.txt & ailog.txt. Only files in there are soundmessages(with date and time).txt & localizer(with date and time).txt.

I just started Eastern Front:

CoH Version: 2.700.2.42
EF Version: 2.3.0.0

I directly installed EF 2.3.0.0 i didn't install any compatibility patch for 2.602.

Well i guess it is because it lags,we will wait for new release. Thank you for your help!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:35 AM »
I hope the next release really helps you, because in our internal tests it seems than we really improved the mod to avoid some lag... however, things may be different from one PC to another.
Mors Indecepta