Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: EF crash  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Arayev

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
EF crash
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
Hello everyone! I have a problem. I have a CoH(new steam version) and ef 2.300 but when im playing. After 15-20minutes game crash. Error says that i have a problem with TEMP folder. What should i do?

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: EF crash
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »
Hello Arayev!

Here's your solution:
I got an "Unable to create report. Please verify there's enough space in your TEMP folder" error message

This is a problem you'll likely only find in 32 bit OS.

You can try the following:

Use lower graphics settings.
    Increase your PC's virtual memory.
    Close all background programs you don't need before playing, eg. Web Browsers, Windows Explorer instances.
    Download, install & use Game Booster before playing EF.
    You can create a shorcut to run EF instead of EF launcher, some users have claimed this helped to improve their performance. Check this topic for help: How to create an Eastern Front shorcut.

Try to have at least 4GB RAM in your pc, remember that Eastern Front uses more resources than Tales of Valor which uses more resources than the previous games(Original Company of Heroes and Opposing Fronts). If the problem persists, you should consider migrating to a 64 bits OS.

Source:
http://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1677.msg56631#msg56631

Regards Walki
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Ben_D

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 03:25:32 AM »
Hi, I'm going to see if I can troubleshoot a problem here, with help from people here, but I need someone to tell me what kind of info is needed to help diagnose it.  I'm running the new Steam version (2.7.0...) and I'm running the newest version of the mod (2.3...) on Windows 8.1 x64.  I'm experiencing a crash to desktop about 50% of the time now, and sometimes everyone else in the game ends up crashing as well.  It asks to send a report to Relic and all that (which I don't send, obviously).  When I first installed it back in December I didn't really experience that many crashes, and now it seems to be getting worse, but nothing has fundamentally changed.

What info exactly do you guys need?  I know you guys need log files of some sort, I'm just not sure which ones exactly.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:17:35 AM by Ben_D »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »
There is a sticky on that thread that already has that stuff ;).

We figured out the TEMP Folder Full Error.
See here for more details.

Please include the following files:

*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/warnings.log
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Temp/RandomLettersAndNumbers.dmp (see below)

How to get the DUMP file
  • Hold Windows Key and click R
  • Enter "%Temp%" (without " " and with % %)
  • Find the .dmp file that was created at the time of the crash

Additional Information
Please provide the following information as well.

*What map were you playing?
*Which factions were involved?
*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!
*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?
*What game mode were you playing?

Doing this helps us figure out the cause of the crashes easier, and fix them. Posts without any relevant information will be deleted.

One last thing I'd like to add as note: IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE NO-POP CAP MODE AND YOUR GAME CRASHES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING FOR TECH SUPPORT FROM US, BECAUSE WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT FOR THAT VARIANT OF THE GAME.

That game-type was included due to popular demand, and since CoH Essence engine cannot support the stress of handling too many objects regardless if you use vanilla factions or not, specially if you are fighting against AI(regardless of faction) we can't do anything about it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Ben_D

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't read the sticky, sorry about that.  I'll move this to that thread.  I've played a bit since the last time I posted, so I'll post all that stuff here next time there is a crash so that there's fresh data.