Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Emplacement-Related EF Crash  (Read 2093 times)

Offline ShadeOfBlue

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Emplacement-Related EF Crash
« on: January 24, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
First thing first, and I wanted to say that EF is probably one of the best mods that I've played for any game. Keep up the great work, guys!

I can't say with 100% certainty that this bug is related to EF, but it didn't happen before I had the mod installed. Any damage dealt to a British AT gun emplacement that kills the crew but leaves the weapon intact will crash the game. I've also had this happen with British mortar and MG emplacements but this is less common. The crew dies, the XP indicators come up and the gun's health bar turns white, indicating that it's now neutral, and the game will freeze and crash within a few seconds. Sometimes completely destroying the AT gun (without turning it neutral first) also crashes the game, again immediately after the XP text comes up.

-I have EF version 2.3.0.0 and CoH Steam version 2.700.2.42
-I'm playing as the Axis (any faction) against AI (any difficulty)
-Happens in every game mode with any number of players
-Happens on vanilla maps, EF maps and third-party custom maps

I don't have a crash log, but I'll edit this post and add one the next time this happens.

Offline Lutzow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Emplacement-Related EF Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:37:08 PM »
Yes, I have noticed this too, several times. For this reason I frequently save the game and just try to obliterate British emplacements instead of trying to capture them..

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
A lot of people seem to say that their game crashes because they get a "Fatal AI Error", but they never bother to say that, so, instead we think they are talking about a crash to desktop (aka CTD) and we end walking in circles.

So, what kind of crash are you describing?
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Lutzow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Yes, in my case it's a crash to desktop and that Relic's window pops up "Send a message if you would like to report a problem...". And that is all.

Offline ShadeOfBlue

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:11:38 AM »
Oops, I forgot to clarify: Yes, this is a crash to desktop. It's never given me a "Fatal AI" error.

Additionally, from playing a few more games, it appears to happen about 80-90% of the time when an emplacement is disabled and about 30-40% of the time when the emplacement is destroyed outright.

Offline Copernicus

• Developer
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:36:48 AM »
Thank you for the report. This crash has been fixed. If you are feeling adventurous, you can go here and replace the faulty DLL file in the CoH directory yourself. Alternatively you may wait for the next patch release.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »
Indeed, it now works. Thanks Cope :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...