Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Questions about Ostheer...  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Rokossovsky

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Questions about Ostheer...
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:41:12 PM »
So I can read that in the latest changelog:

- New Tripwire model (Bentonmine M43), costs: 10 seconds, 40 munitions.
How do I make this? I only have spring mine for 25 munitions and riegelmine for 35 available.

- Removed medic ht from HQ, added medic HT upgrade to halftrack, uniquely available to army fortress. lockdown adds passive healing to sector and infantry receives a -15% rec. damage modifier in it.
I have no medic upgrade for halftrack even if I choose army fortress doctrine. How do I get it?  ???

- Modified Sturmpionier AT equipment. Passive mine detection + 2x panzerbuchse + Riegelmine 43 for 50 MU.
How do I get this AT equipement? Are AT mines activated by infantry?

- Changed Ostheer Panzerfaust damage to 140 (from 120-175).
How do you use panzerfaust as ostheer?

Is it worth to make the Skirmish officer? Does it need to be close to to other units for the bonuses to work? It's not suitable for combat and very expensive to reinforce...

Why my base sector changes color to green when I build a medic emplacement?

When my landers gain veterancy I can choose what upgrade I want, one of them "unlocks medkits", but I don't see any medkit ability appearing? ???

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Ostheer...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
The changelog is outdated.

The medic HT is not in the game right now.
AT equipment also is not in the game anymore, it's eben replaced by HHL charge for Sturmpios and Panzerschrecks on landsers instead.
Panzerfaust is available for Brandenburgers and Panzerfusiliers.

Yes its worth to make a skirmish officers. Hes the ostheer equivalent of the Command squad from soviets. High health, good firepower, all around powrful.
Base sector turns green when you've picked army fortress and unlocked advanced defenses. Your troops heal slowly in your base/sectors in which you constructed defenses once you've unlocked it.

Medikits were replaced by supply veterancy. The description is not up to date.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Rokossovsky

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:33:13 PM »
it's eben replaced by HHL charge for Sturmpios and Panzerschrecks on landsers instead.
What's a HHL charge? How do I get panzerschrecks on landsers? I can only get "Vehicle support equipement" upgrade that gives them Panzerbusche 39 AT rifle.
How do I get them? I can't upgrade my Panzerfusiliers or Brandenburgers with Panzerfausts :(

I can make a communication jammer with Brandenburgers, it says: it slows down production in builindgs within its radius, but how big is the radius?

Is there an up to date changelog for 2.300 version somewhere?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:35:18 AM »
All these changes are from the beta though. And the "HHL Charge" ability is an anti-tank ability where they charge against the vehicle and throw a HHL grenade.

If you want the changelog for the lattest version you can check it in the Changelog subforum.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
it's eben replaced by HHL charge for Sturmpios and Panzerschrecks on landsers instead.
What's a HHL charge? How do I get panzerschrecks on landsers? I can only get "Vehicle support equipement" upgrade that gives them Panzerbusche 39 AT rifle.
How do I get them? I can't upgrade my Panzerfusiliers or Brandenburgers with Panzerfausts :(

I can make a communication jammer with Brandenburgers, it says: it slows down production in builindgs within its radius, but how big is the radius?

Is there an up to date changelog for 2.300 version somewhere?

Panzerschreck =/= Panzerfaust. Panzerfaust is the 1-time weapon that is used by Volksgrenadiers. The Panzerschreck is the AT weapon fielded by Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers.

The stuff that I mentioned is from the Steam beta, I forgot that you're referring to 2.300. In the 2.300 release Landsers have Panzerbüchse as AT weapon. Sturmpioneers have no AT by themselves, and Panzerfusiliers can throw the hafthohlladung to damage enemy tanks.

In the current steam beta it's a bit different:

Landsers get access to a Panzerschreck upgrade instead of having the Panzerbüchse.
The Hafthohlladung no longer behaves like a sticky, but instead it works more like it was originally used. The squad charges toward the targeted tank, and put on the HHL from very short range. The weapon is very damaging to enemy vehicles.
Panzerfusiliers have access to the Panzerfaust.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Awww. It's a shame you guys are getting rid of the AT rifles. I think these were very unique (and also an interesting thing history-wise, as many AT-rifles were used during Barbarossa by '41-'43 Wehrmacht, which Ostheer is based on, i presume)  and not that un-useful against light armour.
While giving another squad Panzerschrecks... Me no likes. What about Jagers and PzJagers with Oferohrs? Doesn't it seem like too many Panzerschrecks for one faction?

chaosval3

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:40 PM »
@Grand Duke

I agree. I have been striving internally to keep the Pzb 39 for Landsers as more of an interim soft AT solution, but to no avail. The main argument was that it is pretty much obsolete. The PTRD and PTRS had some decent penetration on flanks, but the pzb had trouble even penetrating around 30mm on normal ranges. Still, the AT rifles the Red Army have, have been buffed beyond historical values as well so I do not see the point of not doing the same thing with Panzerbüchse 39. Furthermore, that in the same tier, there is the Granatbüchse 39 team( introduced in 1943 to replace existing PZB 39), but they did not instantly convert every single one so I don't see this point being valid either.

Oh well, OH is just Schrecks everywhere now lol. Landser have Ofenrohr. Panzerjäger have Ofenrohr. Jäger have Panzerschreck. I tried to push for a granatbüchse for Landser but with AT grenades instead, but I guess I let it slide. Ostheer should be glad they have so much hand-held AT. Since then, I simply skip the PAK 40 and go Schreck spam. It always works and SU have a harder time picking up dropped weapons since their upgrades take up so many slots. Don't forget that the PF Faust does heavy damage as well so keep that in mind for the future version.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:44:44 PM by chaosval3 »

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
Awww. It's a shame you guys are getting rid of the AT rifles. I think these were very unique (and also an interesting thing history-wise, as many AT-rifles were used during Barbarossa by '41-'43 Wehrmacht, which Ostheer is based on, i presume)  and not that un-useful against light armour.
While giving another squad Panzerschrecks... Me no likes. What about Jagers and PzJagers with Oferohrs? Doesn't it seem like too many Panzerschrecks for one faction?
I actually wanted to write a full post, but chaosval wrote up the reasons behind it nicely.

chaosval3

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 10:44:59 PM »
@Darc

No problem bud ;)

Offline Rokossovsky

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
Anyway are you gonna do something about russian sailors' AT rifle? That thing can kill a panther from the front no problem and has a massive range.