Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front will not run crashes on launch  (Read 1997 times)

Offline deejon

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Eastern Front will not run crashes on launch
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »
I have downloaded the latest version of Eastern Front and installed it on CoH steam relaunch version2700.2.42 and I get the following error Game is not being run as a known CoH product try again by loading the game from steam.When I load from steam no eastern front.I have attached the warnings file from the launcher. Any help would be appreciated than you

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front will not run crashes on launch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
That is not a bug on the mod, it is a issue at your end because you downloaded a Steam version of a mod.

There was a topic in the community of EAW mod in Steam that talks about how to fix it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/342370/discussions/3/620713633860530873/
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline deejon

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:21:26 AM »
Thanks for your help looked at the steam approach and changed the launch parameters works perfectly now again thanks ;D

Offline Ben_D

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:03:41 PM »
Hey Devs, would you happen to have any direct input on this issue?  This thread isn't on Steam's forums isn't all that descriptive.  I don't know how deejon figured it out.  I installed the Beta for EF and I'm experiencing the same thing now.  I'm in the process of figuring it out at the moment.

Edit:

As usual, I went and did more googling like I should have before posting and found this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/228200/discussions/0/611698195148334609/?insideModal=1 [nofollow]

This worked for me; I found it to be more descriptive of what the solution was.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:23:30 PM by Ben_D »