Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: COH EF 2.3 suddenly quit to windows<win 8> no error report!.. Plz help!..  (Read 1462 times)

Offline llst34

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Hi!.. I have install coh ver:2.7 in my pc. I try to play coh ef so i download EF 2.3 from moddb. After installation it starts and when i try to play skirmish maps. It starts normal but after 5 or 10 minutes, EF suddenly quit to the windows but no error report. The bug report says "send the details about the question." I don't  know what to do about this problem. Please can anyone help me? Thanks and sorry about my poor English. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: COH EF 2.3 suddenly quit to windows<win 8> no error report!.. Plz help!..
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:34:22 AM »
What graphics settings are you playing on? Does it also crash on low settings?

This is a bit of a read, but if you could provide the information it requests that'd also be a massive help in resolving your issue -

We figured out the TEMP Folder Full Error.
See here for more details.

Please include the following files:

*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/warnings.log
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/LogFiles/scarlog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes Relaunch/LogFiles/ailog.[Date-and-Time].txt
*Temp/RandomLettersAndNumbers.dmp (see below)

How to get the DUMP file
  • Hold Windows Key and click R
  • Enter "%Temp%" (without " " and with % %)
  • Find the .dmp file that was created at the time of the crash

Additional Information
Please provide the following information as well.

*What map were you playing?
*Which factions were involved?
*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!
*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?
*What game mode were you playing?

Doing this helps us figure out the cause of the crashes easier, and fix them. Posts without any relevant information will be deleted.

Since we only support the Steam version, I updated the paths where the logs should be found. We do not offer support for bugs found in versions which use a different directory for storing their logs. Also, we only support the latest Steam version of Company of Heroes.

If you are going to post the content of the log files instead of attach them in the topic, make sure you use the code tags!
Code: [Select]
Quote to see the code tags
One last thing I'd like to add as note: IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE NO-POP CAP MODE AND YOUR GAME CRASHES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING FOR TECH SUPPORT FROM US, BECAUSE WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT FOR THAT VARIANT OF THE GAME.

That game-type was included due to popular demand, and since CoH Essence engine cannot support the stress of handling too many objects regardless if you use vanilla factions or not, specially if you are fighting against AI(regardless of faction) we can't do anything about it.

Offline llst34

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: COH EF 2.3 suddenly quit to windows<win 8> no error report!.. Plz help!..
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 04:14:04 AM »
Hi! Steve, Thanks for your reply. I'm using 1024*768 display resolution. It happens every maps.