Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern front crashes after playing skirmish a few minutes  (Read 2987 times)

Offline itsmesry

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Eastern front crashes after playing skirmish a few minutes
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
So i've tried multiple things.  I originally had the anthology and installed Eastern front but it kept crashing after playing skirmish for a few minutes.  So then i ordered the new steam version and installed it and eastern front again.  Same issue.  I've tried deleting the temp folder.  Setting affinity for 1 core.  I've set max ram to 4 gigs, max cores to 4.  I've tried lowering all my graphics settings.  I tried bypassing the launcher and starting Eastern Front by altering the parameter's of my coh shortcut. game started but still had the same issue.  I've searched and searched and searched.  I really really enjoy the mod but i can't get it to work for the life of me and I'm getting really frustrated.  Especially since i purchased a game i pretty much already had just to play it.  I'm attaching my warning log.  Someone please tell me how to solve this.

Offline itsmesry

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern front crashes after playing skirmish a few minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:37:58 AM »
Well after trying everything i could think of.  including of installing multiple versions of the game i finally just downloaded an older version of eastern front.  21.0.1.  II used it on the anthology and it works fine.  No bugs no crashes nothing.  Sucks i had to solve the problem myself i really wish you guys would get on that.  I'm not hating by the way you've created an amazing mod and i know how difficult and time consuming it is.  Just saying it would be greatly appreciated by myself, and from all the other people i saw with the problems,  a ton of others.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:31:38 AM »
Thing is that nobody knows why the game crashes in 2.300.

On the other hand - if you're playing no popcap/annihilation mode the game frequently crashes because of hardware overload (aka too much stuff for the pc to handle).

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »
Besides what @Hendrik said, you are playing an old version of CoH, according to the log which is labeled as "2.700.0" instead of "2.700.2", just with that the game will crash before five minutes pass.

But supposing you found the right FactionFix.dll to use it in EF and that allows you to play more than 5 minutes and a different problem is causing the crash, we do not support other versions of CoH rather than "2.700.2.42" (the full version number can be seen in the main menu).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...