Today is time to post about the changes done to the Command Trees used by the Soviet Army. The changes are not as extensive as the ones made to the faction, nonetheless we think these changes are critical to find a better balance between the Tech Tree, the Command Trees and the Reward Command Trees we are going to implement later.
Propaganda War StrategyPolitical Warfare (LHS)
- [1 CP] Not One Step Back!: Your infantry cannot move but their defensive capabilities are increased.
- [2 CP] Shock Guards Reinforcement: Elite infantry squad equipped against every type of situation.
- [4 CP] Stalin Organ: Call-in for Katyushas.
Shock Guards now grants a call-in ability to use Guard squads as reinformcements from offmap. They are equipped with anti-personal grenades, smoke grenades and anti-tank grenades, they also have one PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle and also a DP-28 light machine gun. They arrive ready to the party!Industrial Warfare (RHS)
- [2 CP] ZiS-2 Anti-Tank Gun: Enables the ZiS-2 production permanently replacing the ZiS-3 field gun. ZiS-3 already produced can be upgraded individually.
- [2 CP] Large Scale Assault: Soviet industries allow to produce vehicles faster for a cheaper price.
- [4 CP] Air Raid: A squadron of IL-2 Sturmovik and Hurricane IIC ground-attack planes will strike the targeted area.
Urban Combat StrategyDefensive Warfare (LHS)
- [1 CP] Impenetrable Defense: Machine gun nests get a defensive boost and can reinforce infantry based squads.
- [2 CP] Sturmovie Ingenery Reinforcement: Call-in squads of Ingenery equipped with body armour, PPS 43 SMGs and satchel charges.
- [3 CP] Artillery unit: A howitzer can be built by the Sturmovie Ingenery squads.
Sturmovie Ingenery make their comeback to the Eastern Front in the only way that can be done
. They can build some advanced defensive structures like the Howitzer and the 85 mm air defense gun M1939 (52-K) which has been used in the past in the mod too. They can also build all the other defensive structures than the regular Ingenery squads can.
The picture above just shows a place holder model, but those who have played EF in the past versions might find it familiar.
If you are wondering why I use the word Howitzer instead of something more specific, that's because we are still thinking about what would be used. The picture shown is also a placeholder and only meant to illustrate how it will work.Street Warfare (RHS)
- [1 CP] For the Motherland!: Infantry cannot be suppressed and offers modifiers to charge at enemies for a short period of time.
- [1 CP] Street Fighting: Strelky gets incendiary grenades (replacing Molotovs) and Ingenery squads can purchase a second ROKS-3 flamethrower.
- [6 CP] Steamroller: Call-in for the KV-2 heavy tank.
Additionally, this command tree unlocks the Mine Roller upgrade for the T-34/76 and the T-34/85 tanks, which means this upgrade is exclusive for this tree.
Breakthrough Assault StrategyInfantry Support Warfare (LHS)
Tank Warfare (RHS)
- [1 CP] Infantry Storm: Improves the suppression threshold for infantry units and lowers their build time.
- [2 CP] Inspiring Speech: Infantry will sprint for a short period of time.
- [3 CP] The Juggernaut: Call-in the ISU-152 Zveroboy.
- [2 CP] Armoured Spearhead: The T34 series of armoured units and it's variants are granted cage armour.
- [3 CP] KV-1 Heavy Tank: Calls a KV-1 heavy tank as reinforcement.
- [2 CP] Breakthrough Artillery: Artillery ability to decimate enemy defenses before advancing.
The armoured units who benefit of the Armoured Spearhead upgrade are the T-34/76, T-34/85, SU-85 and SU-100. All of them receive the free upgrade right after the upgrade is purchased.
The Breakthrough Artillery consists of 3 rounds of heavy artillery used upon a targeted area (mortar shells, katyusha rockets, heavy artillery shells) and a fourth one of smoke shells to cover the advancing infantry and vehicles.
And that would be all for now, next time we will announce the changes for the Ostheer Command Trees and it will come very soon!
See you next time!
Archaic Entertainment Team