Hello everybody who is reading this topic. I would like to make a list of units that, as per the Devs own previous posts, and plain common sense, that will not be added to the factions in the Eastern Front mod.
Categorized by most frequently mentioned:
1) Soviet Mobile HMG
: this unit, which has at many times been brought up and then rejected, is from most of the communities' knowledge, not needed in this mod, mainly because its is one of the Soviets weaknesses not to have an early suppression unit. If it will ever be included into the mod, it will most likely be a reward unit replacing the Heavy Mortar Team.
: This tank was not approved for mass-production until 1948 so the inclusion of this tank is impossible.
: I do recall this being mentioned many times over on the Rewards forum. This tank wouldn't really fit in to the game base theory, its too slow and rumbling to be used in this game. The KV-2 obviously is faster and performs the exact same role, no need for 2 of a kind.
4)Attack Dogs/Explosive Dog
-There are many reasons not to add these poor things as weapons. Firstly, it would be extremely hard to animate such movement as their are no units with similar movement in Vannila CoH, nor the World Builder. Second, PETA would would get pissy and truly why would you want to kill Man's Best Friend.So this is of limits.
, mainly the URALMASH and T-100 prototypes. They were just prototypes, never really used in any form of prolonged combat, if they saw any combat at all.
6) Female Units
- While I'm sure most of us would love to see ladies with guns killing Germans, this is one of those extremely large wastes of time. Their is no voice acting for Female units in the game, it is kinda hard to get women into the game without having them look like guys.
7) Soviet Transport units
- Now while I'm very sure that most Soviet troops didn't arrive to the field of battle on foot, the Soviets certainly don't need transport units, this is one of their main weaknesses, and just another waste of time. So please no Studebaker transports, Soviet Halftracks, or having an upgrade for all tanks to transport Infantry.
8. Polish and other international units
- No never for the following reasons: This is the SOVIET UNION army. Not the army of every other country who felt like fighting for it. The Devs have many more important things to add and adding Foreign units for this army will never occur.
Now Ostheer Units;
1) The Famous SUPER-HEAVY Tanks
; Panzer VIII Maus, Panzer VII Löwe, P.1000 Ratte, P.1500 Monster, the Neubaufahrzeug, etc. All of these tanks were either not created, never saw any actual service on the Eastern Front or were in the early building phase. They didn't not see any Service against the Soviets and will not in anyway be included in this mod.
; These were just planned tanks and while the idea to create a standardized vehicular force would have been nice, this too, never existed outside of the drawing board.
3)Dora, Thor and other such Super Heavy Guns
; these weapons of mass terror do not in any way fit into CoH, they are too big, too slow and too powerful, and just don't go along with the basic theory of this game.
4) Panther II
- Just another planed upgrade, was just a prototype, not going to be included, because it never served on any front.
Sturmtiger- Never truly served on the Eastern Front. They fought during the Warsaw Uprising and on the Western Front not on the Eastern one though, so as Rommel would say WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.
6) Soldiers using the following small arms; StG45
(only tested prototypes on the Western Front), MG45
(which is justed a pimped out MG42, no need for 2 of a kind),Vampir Infrared Scope
, experimental weaponry, etc.
7) POW or similar human shield unit
- This is a fun game not a propaganda based historical recreation. While I'm sure that some SS members did in fact use human shields or human minesweepers, this is an act of Criminal Madness, not of war.
-while the SS did in fact serve on all Fronts especially the Eastern Front, including them with such a blunt name is extremely insensitive to those who lost their lives, against the law in certain countries, and is just another thing this mod would like to avoid. Like Relic did with its Stormtroopers, the Modders will give them a representation but with a more discrete name.
9)ME-262- This plane is not representative of any front and if anything was used more against the Western Allies than the Comintern. Not going to be included even as a doctrinal recon plane.
-Volkssturm were basically the German equivalent of Conscripts, armed with just about anything they could find in stocks and in reserves. The Devs are against it because they don't want a carbon copy of a unit that already exists.
- We won't use it because the game doesn't really have any advantages for different periods of the day and weather conditions, so not going to happen. An extra day or two of designing a model for useless equipment can be wasted better for something that will be used.
12) Mass Graves
- This also goes along with the SS troops, this is really something that shouldn't be included because this isn't a history lesson, nor is it legal to display in some countries (some would call this glorification). We aren't trying to make a propaganda film on why we took down the Nazis.....
1) Control-able Aircraf
t- A basic no-no because they units in the game who can fight aircraft, do so terribly and this game is based more on Land Warfare than any other kind.
- While many of us here are aware that certain units in all armies participating in WW2 continued to use horses through the war, the Devs are hard-pressed to design a skin, skeleton and movement noises/animation for these units. The common belief that the Polish used large numbers of cavalry against the Germans at the start of the war is false, and they were formed due to German propaganda. So no.
I would like to ask the Devs if they could add any other things they can think of to this thread to help make a more complete list. Thank you very much for devoting attention to this.
Ok, here it is. The Official EF Unit Inclusion Chart!
Such a valuable use of my time!