Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.3.1.0] Soviet T-90  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
[1.3.1.0] Soviet T-90
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:26:02 AM »
hi folks
what do you think? is the t-90 to strong?
but I don´t mean against the infantry this is ok in my eyes,
but its only a tank with 2 mgs. i think it should make no harm to buildings or bunkers.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
Re: [1.3.1.0] Soviet T-90
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »
Well, wehr bikes do similar damage...
Anyway, this is a game, so this kind o' arguments are, usually, discarded as being nonessential.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:42:11 AM »
But afaik, it's using a couple of DShK as main gun, i mean, that's an AA MG.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:48:40 AM »
They're more like autocannons than MGs. Their damage is being toned down next patch.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
The difference between a mg and an auto cannon is only about a caliber being used. AFIR, all auto guns above 0.50 inch/12mm are considered to be auto cannons.

— forever.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 04:56:28 AM »
All I've been hearing so far is nerf after nerf of the majority of Soviet units...
I commented something to the effect that balance team has had a recent love affair with german factions

Zerstorers response was that I couldnt be more wrong, and in fact its the complete opposite

Im not seeing it ??? lol
My morale on the matter is dropping at near record speeds  :o >:(

Can somebody deploy a safety net for me
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:00:36 AM by REDcommissar »
Soviet is OP

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 05:05:48 AM »
@RedCommissar
Guys are just preparing the field for the Ostheer's victory march.
So there's "nothing to worry about"  :-X

— forever.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 05:06:18 AM »
The difference between a mg and an auto cannon is only about a caliber being used. AFIR, all auto guns above 0.50 inch/12mm are considered to be auto cannons.
Enlighten me, since I don't actually know the calibre of the T90 MGs. Either way, they're clearly quite large for MGs. Does a cannon have to fire explosive shells or can it still fire normal bullets, albeit large ones?

As for the Soviet nerfs, they're still a little OP so they'll continue to be nerfed until they're balanced. We don't want to make massive nerfs and make the faction potentially UP. Baby steps...

Soviets will get cool stuff too, don't worry :P.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
@GodlikeDennis

1) If I recall correctly DShK shoots a caliber similar to the .50 BMG (NOT THE EXACT SAME THING BUT SIMILAR FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH PANTS IN KNOTS). SO its not an auto-cannon because the caliber is 12.7x108mm or in a lame man's term, .50 caliber bullet with a 9mm longer shell casing than the .50 BMG (which would be 12.7x99mm in metric).

2) A cannon doesn't have to shoot anything more than oversized bullets, but imagine it like a 19th century cannon. The cannon shot cannonballs, single lead balls that had so much force, they caused craters and instant death on impact. However warfare has evolved and we no longer deploy armies in "march and file lines", thus making the "single cannon ball" ineffective against more spread out troops. The high explosive shells causes massive damage in one "bullet" because it explodes and creates shrapnel thus making a larger spread, kills more people. I like to think that the cannon does in fact shoot "giant bullets", but each "bullet" works just a tad differently than a regular infantry man's bullet.

(None of this is to say that they didn't have shrapnel cannon balls, just the regular lead balls were easier to make and cost effective-plus they did cause some shrapnel effect upon impact)

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
I thought in modern armies anything designated a cannon fired HE bullets?

like a cannon or an auto cannon is basically a really big machine gun that fires high explosive rounds

like a WWII flak cannon?
Soviet is OP

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
As for the Soviet nerfs, they're still a little OP so they'll continue to be nerfed until they're balanced. We don't want to make massive nerfs and make the faction potentially UP. Baby steps...

Soviets will get cool stuff too, don't worry :P.
+1
We've said this 100s of times...balancing things out for all tiers means nerfing or improving thing depending on each case.

Now, 'but its only a tank with 2 mgs. i think it should make no harm to buildings or bunkers' - If you've ever fire a 50cal, like I have, you'd know that it will happily go through brick and stone walls, hence why it became such a popular weapon and regularly used to flush out snipers in cities.

History/realism aside (cause this is balance), the T90 fulfills the same role as a Puma/stuart/M8/ which means dealing with bunkers/mg nests and infantry in buildings etc.
The t90s gun is based on the puma's and therefore does the same amount of damage. Now in game terms since it does the same as the other vehicles of its type, I don't see a balance issue.

Game balance issues are NOT 'aww that's a pistol, it doesn't do that in real life'.
Balance concern would be something like 'a single t90 burst wiped out the squad in the stone house, that's unbalanced'
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »
Game balance issues are NOT 'aww that's a pistol, it doesn't do that in real life'.
Balance concern would be something like 'a single t90 burst wiped out the squad in the stone house, that's unbalanced'

+1, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post that in the pinned topic in the balance discussion.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"