Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: EF 2v2 Tournament 2  (Read 56579 times)

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
EF 2v2 Tournament 2
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:30:03 AM »
Signups closed - reserve teams still accepted

Starting Date: Friday 9th September - Round 1 will be arranged by you and played before this date. Round 2 will commence after a certain time on that day. You will have x number of hours to complete round 2 then, and so forth.

Ok guys, I've recreated the tourney page because the other one is getting too long and is a little unclear. The format will now be changed to have each round played over a day or two period to allow teams to decide what is the best time for all of them to play. In this way, the tourney will probably go for quite a few days rather than a solid 6 hours or so during the day. Remember when deciding what time to play, that you will likely need a couple hours to play 2-3 matches. Please make sure you chat to each other using GMT (or forum time but make it clear) otherwise there may be some confusion.

Please have some level of commitment here guys. In order for this to run smoothly everyone must make sure they know who they're playing with and against, and at what time. This will mean a lot of communication in this thread and via PMs between teams.

Eastern Front must be patched to version 1.51 for you to play. 

TOURNEY BRACKET:

Format: 2v2AT - Knockout. Number of rounds - 4
- Best of Three games per round (500VPs, standard resources)
- Must win 2 games to progress to the next round
- Factions and Maps are to be decided between the players. If a decision cannot be reached, PM a referee (myself) or post here and a coin flip will decide
- Players will swap factions for the second game. Eg. Team 1 plays axis first game and allies second game.
- Third game faction and map will be decided by the team with the better VP score from the first two game. Eg (Team 1 wins game 1 0-37 in a close game. Team 2 wins game 2 0-489. Team 2 decides the 3rd game faction/map)

Factions allowed:
Soviet Union, US, Wehrmacht and Panzer Elite. (all rewards allowed)

TIMES: Round 1: Completed before 11:59pm GMT Friday 9th September
           Round 2: Completed before
           Round 3: Completed before
           Finals: Completed before

Please arrange with your partner and opponents to play your game before the time stated for each round.

Your game time will be decided amongst the members of both teams to find a time that suits both of you within the time bracket given for that round. This tourney will not be played all at once but rather, each round will be played over a day or two to allow players to find a time that suits them.

Match results:
Post all match results in this thread! (including replays). Your game will be forfeit or replayed if you, or your opponent, are unable to provide a replay. Screenshots are not required. Please also post VP scores.

Please name your replays appropriately so it is easy to identify them. This is very important. If you don't know how to post replays, ASK! In order to post replays to this site, you must pack the .rec file into a .rar file or .zip file. You can compress to these filetypes using WinRAR or WinZIP, or various other compressing programs. Your replay files (.rec) can be uploaded straight to GR without the need for zipping/compressing.

Use the following naming format:

Round No. Game No.: Team 1 vs Team 2

Eg.
R2 G1: GodlikeDennis/EFAllActionNoPlot vs Retake3/ColonelLiberachi

You may also post them on GR and simply provide a link to them if you wish (using the same naming format). Brief descriptions of how the game transpired and what map it was played on are also desirable but not essential.

Restrictions:
The only maps allowed are:
Duclair
Etavaux
Lorraine
McGechaen's War
Pointe du Hoc
Rails and Metal
St. Hilaire
Wolfheze
Grodno
Lemberg

You must have the latest version of EF to play. It is currently 1.51.

If you would like to play in the tourney but don't have a partner, post your name in this thread, followed by -teamless to allow me to find you a partner. Someone else may also feel free to offer to be your partner. If you don't have a partner for certain, I cannot guarantee that you will be allowed to play in the tourney.

Confirmed Teams:
GodlikeDennis / SublimeYauz
Killar / Apeman
MaxiKing6 / ColonelLiberachi
TheDzieranPL / Cephalos
Cireva / DarcReaver
Zuzundra / fromStalingrad
Fishhunterx / Spieel
GSmirlis / Stavka42

Reserve Teams/Players without partners:
Baralhaum / Czo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:18:12 AM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
Re: EF 2v2 Tournament 2
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:45:08 AM »
should we keep same teams? I dont see a reason to re organize the teams unless people left

redguard/darcreaver
Soviet is OP

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »
New people may want to sign up. Also, I want to make sure the teams that signed up from before are paying attention and re-sign themselves. Some people might want a different partner too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:08:35 AM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »
I like the way you organized this. It is much better than the former one..
Sign me up, though I don't know if I have a partner yet (you know, there are some problems with timezones for me and Cranial).

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
TheDzierzanPL and ApeMan

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
I can defiantly play with Maxiking. This weekend was just a struggle for me, with the move and all.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Ok so note: MaxiKing6 and Cranialwizard

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

pariah

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »
How long can you advertise for?
I'll just pin it, so it'll stay there until the tourny is under way. ;)

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »
Single.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline vonklaus

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
me and flgator

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
I can join Seeme, if he wants...  :D

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
Ingame chat will be burning.

Offline FLgator

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »
I would like to add that you guys all suck. This is about the 5th time we've tried to do this. It will never work, so you should all quit trying. Unfortunately, the only people that show up are Vonklaus and myself. Until you guys put some money on this, and make it a real tournament..... what do you really expect?  You think a bunch of gamers are going to be coordinated enough to talk about times and maps? hahahaha, never happen. There has to be a prize, scheduled times, and some penalty for dropping out.
Now that I have enlightened the powers that be on how to run this shit, make it happen!

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »
... you dare to doubt Dennis powers?  :o

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »
I would like to add that you guys all suck. This is about the 5th time we've tried to do this. It will never work, so you should all quit trying. Unfortunately, the only people that show up are Vonklaus and myself. Until you guys put some money on this, and make it a real tournament..... what do you really expect?  You think a bunch of gamers are going to be coordinated enough to talk about times and maps? hahahaha, never happen. There has to be a prize, scheduled times, and some penalty for dropping out.
Now that I have enlightened the powers that be on how to run this shit, make it happen!

As a member of inexperience on the Forum (Especially shooting down members like GodLikeDennis) and not knowing how tourneys worked in the past it would be best if you held your tongue.

The reason why it didn't work out was because lack of coordination and updating by certain people, myself included at the varying times I could play and was available. We have done multiple tournaments in the past like this.

This isn't the 5th time, this is the 2nd time we tried a 1.4 tourney. The only people that showed up were the people whom didn't fucking read the entire thread.

... you dare to doubt Dennis powers?  :o

He shouldn't. Dennis is a very coordinated person and can keep this shit on track.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"