Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: AI bugs: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 31314 times)

Offline Sherl

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: AI bugs: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »
Hello! Sorry for my english, but because I'm writing a large text, I will use google translayte. Just say, that I have modified the Eastern Front, added units, abilities and races. During the game, the error is: "Fatal error, execution is impossible." It occurs when the AI ​​uses a greyhound or staghaund and he is under fire by AT-gun, and the technique does not see the AT-gun, because damage radius AT-gun more review machine and technology does not see it. In logs I found the line: "ERROR - Player 1005 AITactic AIVechicleTactic failed to call filter TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle" (ailog), "Squad * can not be nil!" (scarlog) and "23: 46: 13.25 LuaException :: ThrowMessage - Invalid parameter 1 (type expected = Squad *, received = nil) in function Squad_GetPosition
23: 46: 13.26 GAME - SimulationController :: Pause 0 "(warnings)
Through the Corsix's Studio I opened aitactics and found the function:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I added the processing parameters to nil:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

if (sim_squad == nil) then
           return false
end

if (target_squad == nil) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I played test game and all works correct. Have I done the right thing? What do you see about this?
P.S. Logs in attach.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:15:59 PM by Sherl »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »
Jagger's will retreat as if they were snipers in combat.
WTF this still is not fixed??
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
Is that a really bug? I don't think retreat bonuses are done by sniper or not sniper basis. Perhaps that's what it is intended for the squad?

They have just one modifier more (camouflage_enable), but it doesn't matter because they doesn't use camo. They also have a 25% reduced accuracy bonus, other squads have 50%, but if that was an oversight or not would be up to balancers.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
No, what I am saying is that when you play against an ostheer AI opponenet that has Jagers on the field, that once they get attacked by anything they retreat immediately just like snipers.
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
Ah, I understand now. It will be fixed for the next patch.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 10:17:04 PM »
today playing against expert for first time i received and "AI fatal error execution paused " message, OST vs one american enemy on alsace mosele map, logfiles are empty but from reading this is disabled, never had this before in hundreds of skirmishes against hard enemies?

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 05:04:43 AM »
The skirmish commander refuses to retreat and charges the guys head on to a specific location (what brave men). As a result, it does nothing but give vet to the enemy so they need to be able to retreat so the AI doesn't keep spamming them and they can live to fight another day. Make it so they retreat when they lose all 2 guys (Down to last man) instead of only one.
My personal favorite

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 03:11:06 AM »
Yeah that and the command squad needs some balancing with its major since it seems that the AI automatically targets that guy first out of all squads, so then their ability is almost useless. On the other hand, the skirmish commander has the captain set as the lower priority when being engaged and the body guards being the ones targeted first.
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 03:29:40 AM »
Depending of the armour of the unit is the priority to be noticed and attacked, and most likely both have the same values overall, because they have a similar armour. They probably attack him because is the leader. I'll see what I can do.

Also, the squad members of the skirmish commander aren't modified in any way to get more priority between themselves, which means they have the same priority all of them just like the command squad. The formation is also important and if the leader is behind them you won't have a chance to make him the prime target.
Mors Indecepta

Offline inori

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 08:59:04 PM »
I get crashes 30-40 minutes after start in skirmish mode. I found ailog files but they are empty. Please help with this problem.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »
I get crashes 30-40 minutes after start in skirmish mode. I found ailog files but they are empty. Please help with this problem.

Both attachments are empty (0kb) are you sure you uploaded the right files?
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline inori

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 09:54:50 PM »
These files are from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common". I don't know why are they empty. I have coh 2.700.2.42 ef 2.300. First I had problem with "fatal error" freeze. Than black bishop helped me to fix it (aitactics file), but now I have game crashes. In "documents\my games\coh relaunch\logfiles" folder there are no ailog files with the time of crash.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 10:16:07 PM »
To get more information about crashes, you need to submit the warnings.log from "Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunched\warnings.log", but beware the file gets overwritten every time you open CoH, so in case you already did it, you would need to wait for a crash to occur and then upload the file here.

When the game crashes under an unusual situation, it will leave a stack trace, otherwise it will just end as it and in that case I think we can't do too much about it.
Mors Indecepta

Offline inori

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »
Got crash few minutes ago. Here is the warning file.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 05:17:19 AM »
The log seems clean, where you playing non-pop-cap mode? what map where you playing?
Mors Indecepta