Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: How to Make a Doodle! Mandatory of everyone Posting an Attack Thread!  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
What is a Doodle exactly?
It's a neat little website where you can schedule events (in this case matches) and post times that you are available so the dating and scheduling of your matches can go much more smoothly :)

An example of one is Here: newbielink:http://doodle.com/y23vchu2akdp33v4 [nonactive]

See as each person checks the time they are available and if all 3 people's times match in certain times you can see at-a-glance.

How do I make one?
That's really easy actually and doesn't take much time. Follow these steps to make a doodle.

Step1: Go to the URL newbielink:http://www.doodle.com [nonactive]

Step2: Click on "1 Create Poll"

Step3: Put a title for the doodle under "Title", and any name under "Your Name". Optionally you may put a location, and description but this is not required. You also may optionally put your e-mail and this makes it so when someone adds themselves to your doodle you will be e-mailed.

Step4: Select the dates you want to make the doodle for. It is recommended that you select all the days until you reach reach the coming sunday.

Step5: Click on "enable time-zone support" and select a country and city for the times you put on your doodle to correspond to your time-zone. Now Place times (Hourly times is recommended along) that you will allow to be put on the doodle on the top-most time slots. I usually make my doodles with times on a range from 5am to 11pm. Add time slots from the bottom button when needed. After you placed all the times click on copy and paste first row and all the times you added on the first row will be added to all the rows below it making you have to put less work.

Step6: click next under "basic poll"

Step7: click Finish on "you send the invitation"

Step8: You're done making the doodle but you still need to post a link on your thread in the Eastern Front Forums and post your times available. Click on the Link under "Participation Link"

Step9: Enter your Eastern Front Forums name on the left of the table and check all the times you are available and once you're finished click on the "save" button.

Step10: Copy the URL you have right now of your doodle page and post it on the attack/defend thread you're participating in.

And you are done! There's a couple steps but they are fairly easy to follow. If you think you messed up just ask Drok'Slit or Cranialwizard for some help and we'll be right on it :)

Note: If you didnt make the doodle and you're only following someone else's link to theirs when your posting you times click on the top right collapsible table and select the city nearest you to change the times to match with your time zone. This is one of the most important steps to remember when posting your times!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:31:31 AM by Cranialwizard »
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
A Silent Guardian. A Watchful Protector.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline Cranialwizard

• Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make a Doodle! Mandatory of everyone Posting an Attack Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
Excellent guide, Drokslit! You'll do just fine as a commander.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »
Actually...I'm wondering, May I use this for the General board? This is extremely helpful and puts making Doodles into simple terms.

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:27 AM »
Sure go ahead :P I wanted my men to have the edge over the allies though xD you have my permission :)
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:38 AM »
If you really don't want me to move it I won't but it would certainly be a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE help to the tourney as a whole, as I often don't have time to write these things O0

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 05:53:32 AM »
again, you have my permission to do that. I don't mind helping the tourney as a whole. in fact it flatters me :P
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:29:11 AM »
Stickied and moved...thanks :)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
Bump, remember to Doodle Up or your attack may be counted invalid! (Also applies to defenders, doodle the hell up or you may also be counted invalid)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
Just to add on to the fact you need a Doodle. If you see a Doodle and decide to add information to it PLEASE NOTIFY THE REST OF THE PLAYERS YOU ADDED YOUR DOODLE INFO. How else are we supposed to know when or even if yo added your stuff?

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"