Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Round 14  (Read 12969 times)

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
Re: Round 14
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Stop the credits roll right there, the man hasn't said anything yet.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:00:22 PM »

IDK why but I laughed when I read this XD

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »

IDK why but I laughed when I read this XD

My pleasure, really. :V

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
So if we were cutted-off from last round, can we repair the supply line then attack other sectors from the cutted-off in same turn?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
he hasn't made a rule for it so the way it sounds the whole turn would be you repair the supply line and nothing else. no pushing forward. But I say just let it be and GG. The axis are exhausted and no longer capable of fighting back when you people outnumber us 2 to 1
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
A Silent Guardian. A Watchful Protector.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 12:51:44 AM »
I wouldn't mind fighting on a bit longer but it looks as though we aren't getting that opportunity.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Kleinburger

• Soviet Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »
I believe this tourney was very successful despite the flak on both sides. It brought us together we met new people made new friends all in all thats what matters. But because this was a "Alpha" build so to speak of a map style campaign tournament, all the participants that remained in the tourny should be awarded early access to the ostheer whenever that may come in the near future. 

I will support a future community event like this but we should definitely play test the map rules a bit more instead of during and changing rules during cause that really confuses players you know.
Grandpa, What was it like fighting in the most brutal battle in history ?

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
My suggestion is keep this tournament in a "testing mode" a smaller-scale tournament, people who can't or don't want to participate can leave. It's not about winning or losing anymore. It's pretty fun to have some CoH matches with friends on the weekend and achieve or lost some territories.

By the way, it's a good idea that the tourney's players have some unique medals in their signature space.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline MichaelCycle

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 03:08:19 AM »
WE WANT MAPS!! I want to know why there are attack orders on both of our capitals, I want to see evidence. I just don't want to see people posting random unauthentic attack orders.
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely"
General Dwight Eisenhower - 6th June 1944

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 05:32:50 AM »
What? Both of your capitals are in range of our forces through conditional attacks. We are only 2 territories away in both cases. However we can only take half of them because we don't have enough people this round to attack both portions of each capital. You mean this map right? http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2981/round13a.jpg

The supply rule should be that you can't attack onwards if you don't have an unbroken line of friendly territory back to your capital. In a round you are cut off, you can make attack orders as you normally would but these become conditional, and may only succeed if territories are regained to allow you to supply again.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
2 to 1 anyone?
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
A Silent Guardian. A Watchful Protector.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline MichaelCycle

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »
Thank you GodlikeDennis for providing some sort of evidence instead of having me take your word for it.
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely"
General Dwight Eisenhower - 6th June 1944

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 06:26:43 AM »
No problemo.

I say you guys let us win this one and we start another when the 1.7 patch rolls out. Axis don't have enough players to hold on anyway and having our supplies cut off would just be delaying the inevitable. At most, it would only be 6 weeks or so until we won regardless. The best option Axis can hope for is to be taken by the Western Powers rather than the Russians. With a new patch/tourney, we can have better balance and better/clearer rules.

On the whole, this tourney ran pretty smoothly. Rule changes during it were necessary and I think it just serves to make the next tourney better by trying out new rules here first.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
No problemo.

I say you guys let us win this one and we start another when the 1.7 patch rolls out. Axis don't have enough players to hold on anyway and having our supplies cut off would just be delaying the inevitable. At most, it would only be 6 weeks or so until we won regardless. The best option Axis can hope for is to be taken by the Western Powers rather than the Russians. With a new patch/tourney, we can have better balance and better/clearer rules.

On the whole, this tourney ran pretty smoothly. Rule changes during it were necessary and I think it just serves to make the next tourney better by trying out new rules here first.
this. QFT. EXCEPT we should play the final territory for fun. like Berlin. allies win even if they lose. just play for fun. all in all, great tourney, MANY thanks to cranial, and i think we all learned a lot. this knowledge will help us improve the next one which i sincerely hope will come, although possibly not as long and drawn out.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »
Maybe not when 1.7 rolls. We'll see.

Let's play the rest of this tourney out. I'll update stuff when I'm not doing psychological analysis on case studies :D
"Balancers are 10 a penny"