Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Layout for 2.0.0.0  (Read 28351 times)

Offline Flanker1949

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Layout for 2.0.0.0
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 01:11:40 AM »
Come on. Just stop teasing us and release it already  :P

Offline Drake22

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:00 AM »
Come on. Just stop teasing us and release it already  :P
'

Mob mentality! Ayeee

Offline Flanker1949

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
lol
It appears those trouble starting thugs are everywhere now days even in this forum  ;D

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:32 PM »
Wow haha, things have changed a lot.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:17 AM »
As a quick update:

I'm currently tweaking most stats for weapons/tank guns, building/upgradetimes for units, upgrade- and techingcosts etc. We're also tweaking the gameplay/roles of the units available to the Ostheer.

This is extremely important to make, because it makes the gameplay more fluid. If we would release Ostheer just_now without adjusting initial stats and roles to units you'd just get a lot of obsolete or overpowered units. Which would make the faction nice to look at with all the new models, but boring. Pretty much another Soviet 1.00 faction. And of course we want to avoid that.

Our progress in the last days was pretty great, we did quite a lot of testgames with the current Ostheer layout and it looked pretty stable already in terms of non-doctrinal gameplay, and it also was a lot of fun to play and try out different strategies that the faction offers. As far as I can tell I had a whole lot more fun by playing the Ostheer than PE when it was released back in 2.100.  ;)

However, there are still some flaws. The doctrines are not finalized in terms of coding and it will still take some time to get them to work. Bishop is working hard on getting everything in shape, though.

Once this is finally done, and we think that the gameplay is good/initial stats are solid we'll prepare the closed beta for our fellow donators, soviet commanders and the tourney winners :)

So stay tuned, it may be faster than you'd expect it 8)

Greetings
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:20:36 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 01:58:42 AM »
That was some good news to hear, good thing the Ostheer to be released at all, and not only that but sometime soon is some good news.
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »
That was some good news to hear, good thing the Ostheer to be released at all, and not only that but sometime soon is some good news.
Sure thing - we had quite a lot of issues to get the unit-pool idea to work within the vCoH gameplay mechanics, that's why it was delayed so much. Also several units in the Ostheer served no purpose and had to be redefined to fit a unique gameplay mechanic. However, now these issues have finally been settled and now we can proceed to finalize everthing for a release.

Just as a side note: Since beginning of february we updated around 45 internal versions forward on our devbox, which is used for coding and testing. That's more than we had in the whole last month, taken aside all the graphical stuff which was added recently.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:26:01 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.