Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: moblie 88  (Read 26662 times)

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
moblie 88
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
Every German nation in this game gets a 88 (if you get the right tech) I would like to see the ostheer have a mobile 88 though (not a tiger) but like what Rommel did. It should take them a long time to set up and go somewhere else but in case of emergency they can leave

Offline Voop_Bakon

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: moblie 88
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
This would be nice, seeing as current 88's get the crap beaten out of them by arty. I think the 88 should be able to switch from AT to artillery as well, seeing as that is how they were used in the real war

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:54:33 PM »
This would be nice, seeing as current 88's get the crap beaten out of them by arty. I think the 88 should be able to switch from AT to artillery as well, seeing as that is how they were used in the real war
yeah and pluss that they get destroyed by arty

Offline Aouch

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 06:12:08 PM »
How should a mobile FlaK 36 work?

It was much too heavy to be pulled around by its crew, furthermore making it "attachable" too vehicles like HTs would be an unfair advantage over the "old" factions, since they can't carry their heavy guns with vehicles.

In contrary I'm all for leaving the 88 completly out of the weaponry of the Ostheer.  :P
In memoriam MrScruff
The Wehrmacht in the East

Obstheer FTW!

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »

It was much too heavy to be pulled around by its crew, furthermore making it "attachable" too vehicles like HTs would be an unfair advantage over the "old" factions, since they can't carry their heavy guns with vehicles.

In contrary I'm all for leaving the 88 completly out of the weaponry of the Ostheer.  :P
I am sure there are things that can be done to even it out. Also putting a timer onto it so you can only shoot it once in a while would be something to even it out (p.S. It would kind of be like a nebelwarfer, besides that you would need to make a skin for a vehicle to go with it.

Offline Der Deutsche

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
the 88 was the in the early years one of just a few weapons that could beat the russian t 34/76- never ever leave it out for the ostheer

Offline Marcus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »
imagine some 88s built in your base that slowly are moved near the opponent base until they shoot and destroy it while they are covered by other troops... instant & easy win? not a bad idea but, is it really possible to implement it in the game without break the balance? ???

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »
imagine some 88s built in your base that slowly are moved near the opponent base until they shoot and destroy it while they are covered by other troops... instant & easy win? not a bad idea but, is it really possible to implement it in the game without break the balance? ???
Yes because a RELY RELY slow anti tank gun will definitely make it from one side of a 4v4 map to the other side without a single dint in it yeah???? I mean it won't come out in the beginning stages do you think I am crazy???? "LOL yeah lets let the Ostheer have a 88 in its hq so they can just build one of those right off and send it to the enemy base  :P"  There are PLENTY of things that can balance that out. (sending two or three conscripts and flanking it on every side would do it)

Offline FriendlyFire

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »

Well, here's my answer to your moble 88 situation  ;)

Offline Marcus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
Yes because a RELY RELY slow anti tank gun will definitely make it from one side of a 4v4 map to the other side without a single dint in it yeah???? I mean it won't come out in the beginning stages do you think I am crazy???? "LOL yeah lets let the Ostheer have a 88 in its hq so they can just build one of those right off and send it to the enemy base  :P"  There are PLENTY of things that can balance that out. (sending two or three conscripts and flanking it on every side would do it)

who talked of 4vs4?of course there's no problem with 4vs4 games, but usually the most played games on coh are 1vs1 :) would it be fair in a 1vs1?

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »

Hey: Pak 43/41 Scheunentor was pulled by soldiers ;) But you ned 12 or more of them to move the Scheunentor 88.
May the force be with you.

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

Hey: Pak 43/41 Scheunentor was pulled by soldiers ;) But you ned 12 or more of them to move the Scheunentor 88.
they could simplify it by making a model for a opel truck. Kind of like the horses in Empire total war. Once they unpack they just hang around not doing any thing. When it needs to move they just hook it up

Offline Voop_Bakon

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 11:59:34 PM »

This could work with a high set up/pack up time. As long as it was at the end of a tech tree and was 3-4 Command Points

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »

This could work with a high set up/pack up time. As long as it was at the end of a tech tree and was 3-4 Command Points
yes at the very end of a tech tree so maybe you wont even get it if you choose a different tech tree

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »
I mean that this 3 88 vehicles were not used at the eastern front. I think that this vehicles were improvisation by the western frontline troups ;)
May the force be with you.