Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: What if...  (Read 17030 times)

Offline Icebreaker125

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
What if...
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
What if Hitler didn't make so many mistakes like diverting troops to the Caucasus every so often wasting fuel (over stretching his forces). Trying to figure if Germany could win the war. So what mistakes did you think he made which could of been big enough to influence the war

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
Re: What if...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »
Mistake #1 - he started the war.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Icebreaker125

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
Well we wouldn't have Company of Heroes without it, is a vague way of looking at it :OOOO
Sorry didn't mean it like it's worded :/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:02:45 AM by Icebreaker125 »

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »
Lol man you're serious? I would have given a fuckin' million copies of Company of Heroes if the war had never been breaking out. What's worse - A world war with millions of casualties or one less game on the globe?

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
Well we wouldn't have Company of Heroes without it, is a vague way of looking at it :OOOO

It's also a pretty dark way to look at it. I cannot take you seriously when you post this.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
Hitler could have finished off England if he would have eliminated the British Airdromes first, then worried about shock and awe followed by an invasion. This would have crippled the western allies ability to attack him. Also, to many resources were wasted in Africa. That was an unnecessary front, regardless of Italy's current incompetence. (No offense Cranial) I always used to say that Germany should not have invaded Russia but it seems Stalin would have attacked anyway as there were documents uncovered that point to a Soviet invasion of Nazi held Europe. But this is just a thought.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
Lol man you're serious? I would have given a fuckin' million copies of Company of Heroes if the war had never been breaking out. What's worse - A world war with millions of casualties or one less game on the globe?

well... no Blitzkrieg, no CoH, no Sudden Strike, no Call of Duty, no BF1942, no Medal of Honor, no Hearts of Iron 1/2/3, no Wolfenstein, no Men of War... and it's just the beginning of the list. Also no Cold War era games, and many, many more.

Basically remember that CoH is based on WW2... so Icebreaker is somehow right... however I agree with Maxi - games aren't worth it. Hell I could even play Sims only if the war didn't happen...

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

It's also a pretty dark way to look at it. I cannot take you seriously when you post this.

Guys I think this was meant to be a joke :P. Obviously a $15 dollor game isnt worth around 40-50 million casualties (dead, wounded, etc) ::)

I think Hitler did not consolidate his forces and over extended his forces too much. He was fighting 3 fronts and one of which was a waste IMO (Battle of Britain) and lost many good German pilots. Operation Barbossa (I think thats the name) in Russia Hitler probably didnt have to launch until later (Stalin was reported to have been very surpised by this news and at first was in denial). The entire war itself was launched too early as the Italians were not ready yet (supplies and troop wise). And once Hitler started taking command and sending out semi dumb orders (no retreat or aid in stailngrad IIRC) it was game over :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
If I remember right Germany werent ready either. The german navy would have been ¨war ready¨ somewhere about 1946 they told Hitler. And he was all like FUCK THE RULES <3

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »
Hitler could have finished off England if he would have eliminated the British Airdromes first, then worried about shock and awe followed by an invasion. This would have crippled the western allies ability to attack him. Also, to many resources were wasted in Africa. That was an unnecessary front, regardless of Italy's current incompetence. (No offense Cranial)

None taken, but I would like to point that Rommel regarded Italians as braver soldiers in Africa than his own. Italians also fought on the eastern front.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »
Hitler could have finished off England if he would have eliminated the British Airdromes first, then worried about shock and awe followed by an invasion. This would have crippled the western allies ability to attack him. Also, to many resources were wasted in Africa. That was an unnecessary front, regardless of Italy's current incompetence. (No offense Cranial)

Italians also fought on the eastern front.

Hmmm this I honetly didn't  know :P. How many where on the Eastern Front ???

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »
Plenty, plenty enough that the Italians designed a Tank Destroyer (which never made it to the Eastern Front BTW) to combat the T-34 after they saw how weak their current weapons were. They were one of the largest contributors to that front after the Finnish and Hungarians. They served at Stalingrad IIRC and throughout the Southern USSR.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Plenty, plenty enough that the Italians designed a Tank Destroyer (which never made it to the Eastern Front BTW) to combat the T-34 after they saw how weak their current weapons were. They were one of the largest contributors to that front after the Finnish and Hungarians. They served at Stalingrad IIRC and throughout the Southern USSR.

Did they still use Italian gear or did they use German gear ???

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
They used mainly Italian gear but I have heard and seen photos of Italians armed with PPSh-41s and using captured T-34s similar to the Germans