This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Miles Dixon
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »
First off, thanks so much for the mods on making the release! I will be reporting some bugs that I found as Ostheer (Army Fortress Sections) I am using 2.602.
0 The Medic Upgrade for Landsers (and perhaps other infantries) are not available. I upgraded to Vet 2 and 3 and I still cannot see the medic bag.
0 The Sector Heal for Army Fortress (The the doctrine beside Panzernest) does not work, and the sector is not shown in green when you have Panzernest/ Field Hospital (except the HQ).
0 Field Hospitals cannot reinforce units.
- Not bug
0 I wonder, is the AT Grenade (Half-something) is no more, is it?
- Typing Error/ Blank
I think the error on typing or BLANK does not affect the gameplay that much, just for information :>
= Artillery Barrage (the middle doctrine) is BLANK.
= Most doctrines branch is BLANK.
Maybe there are some others but so far I only tried for one run.
Hopefully the fix will be soon :>
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Just wondering and thought of asking to get some knowledge.
It seems that German, or maybe Hitler know how to design the name of the WW2 tanks quite well. From the weakest tank, perhaps Marder, Panzer, till the strongest, Tiger, are all ended with -er or maybe use the name of animals, for the latter ones.
1. How do they classify the tanks based on the name and the origins and the variations, like the Panzer I till Panzer IV, (and Panzer 35 and 38, and I heard there is Panzer X), and Marder I to Marder III, Tiger I to II (and is King Tiger exists)? Is it based on the production line or the effectiveness against the allied army? So far I have searched the tanks have a lot of variants, even the StuH and StuG. The only tank that has no variant is the Panther (at least I never heard about Panther II).
2. Is FlakPanzer II and III exists? So far the Flakpanzer IV is the popular ones and they have a lot of variants, such as Wirbelwind, Ostwind, and Kugelblitz.
3. Since they are in the Axis faction, do Germans also utilize demolish vehicles like the Japanese did, such as kamikaze tactics?
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »
After playing a few rounds with Ostheer, I have some questions on my mind:
1. The medic truck serves limited purpose as it can only be fielded in the command area. It will be nice if it can be performing outside, like the Zis Medic truck, or something similar.
2. Concrete Slab from sturmpioneers have what use, except to build a medic tent (if choose army fortress doctrine)? It seems that this doctrine is the only one to build defenses too, right?
3. Can I simply change my pool (from support to assault and vice versa) and back, as long as I pay the munitions cost?
If using other doctrines like Army support or elite, will the defenses like MG can be built?
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »
Just to make a thread on this:
1. I seen that the Osheer have some minor issues. The Panzerwerfer, do not show the stats, all are 0, and the name of unit is BLANK.
2. The Panzernest (Assuming is the MG or Bunker) uses the information of Bunker.
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
I wondering how PE can perform as they are the only faction that has no defense units and to begin this, I would like guides on how they can outperform others without discussing too much on the doctrines first.
1. They don't have defenses, unless you choose Lutwaffe strategy.
2. They cannot secure points easily without a Scout Car (though you can secure anywhere you want since it is not static), and it does count populations and upkeeps.
3. They have no good tanks, unless you choose Tank Destroyer doctrine.
4. They have decent artillery, such as Hotchkiss and Mortar Halftrack. You can simply upgrade Hotchkiss with Stukas without choosing any doctrine.
5. They don't have forward base though they can make reinforcement points. But if there is a map that has no buildings, they are done for.
6. Their assault infantry can be quite a pack, but still can be killed easily if in short range combat with Volks, Command Squads, Strelky.
7. They have no surpession units, except Infantry Halftrack. (that not really surpress sometimes) and Wirbelwind Flakpanzer (though Lutwaffe strategy).
Experienced PE players, how do you play PE effectively?
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:50 AM »
Hi! Wanna know that is there any planning for making defenses for PE, instead of choosing the Lutwaffe tactics? If it is in a map there is no buildings, PE that cannot make defenses shows a huge disadvantage though (since they have no heavy or medium tanks in their roster, unless you choose Tank Destroyer tactics).
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »
IT seems that sometimes British CT cannot set rally point after a certain period, like after you call the second CT, it will always spawn beside the CT even though you have set them a rally point (it will still automatically reverts to default).
And, in certain maps the point you captured will not generate extra resources even it is secured. The secure production upgrade is not available on all CT sometimes. (I know the first CT cannot upgrade them though). Please have a check on that?
And, the defenses in British consuming population even though in build interface, it only shows it needs 280 manpower. Is this can be fixed though I know British in default it do consume populations?
« on: April 21, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
I want to address an issue about the multiplayer ping and lag issue.
When I have 2 friends with similar specs of the PC and uses the same setting: 1/2/3 core, Max memory 4GB and Triple Buffer
It seems that after a while, the game will lags for a while and then it shows up the lag grace.
Serious lag happens when there are a few tanks or certain abilities used, like God of War.
We are both using LAN and the same update including the Mix Mod for 1.721.
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
Just to make a small suggestion here.
When I played EF, I noticed that there is not a lot sound or speeches found in Russian Units, except on the gunfire and some speech volume which is quite smaller in terms of voice if compared to the others in the same sound setting.
Is it possible to add or change a few things:
1. Add the system sound when a unit is lost like "our unit has fallen to the fatherland", "unit down", "we are receiving casualties" for the original Tales of Valor,
2. Add the system sound when the enemy unit capturing sector/ sector that has cut out from supplies like "the yankees are capturing a sector", "the jerrys are capturing one of our sectors",
3. Adjust a bit for the system sound so that no need to increase the volume when playing as Russians (it seems that the voice setting for Russians are a bit lower compared to the original units)
4. Change the Russian speech to English + Russian like the German armies like "Crew! Achtung!"
5. (Maybe) if it is possible add a few speeches like "under fire", "XXX is taking hit"
I see that there are a few topics that barely talks about that and hopefully this can be taken into account when the new version is out :>