This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Blackbishop
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »
* Fixed Partisan missing phosphorus grenades for Urban Street Fighting.
* Rearranged upgrades from armoury.
* Tweaked projectile position of the SU-76 barrage ability.
* Changed a bit the extra text from the Mustering Tent infantry units.
* Rearranged positions for Strelky and Observer Team.
* ZiS-2 on the AT Nest should no longer escape from it (lol).
* Optimized ZiS-44 lockdown ability (the lockdown part).
* Fixed missing requirements for Strelky DP-28.
* Removed infiltration feature from Sturmovies.
* Landsers can now get the MG26(t) instead of the MG34 and can only get one.
* Landsers MG upgrade weapon has slightly nerfed accuracy, suppression and damage.
* Landsers MKB42(H) has slightly better performance.
* Fixed values for MKB42(H) vs SU76 armour.
* Skirmish Commander support ability had some tweaks:
- lowered the Zeal bonus to the weapon reload (0.85 to 0.9 - i.e. from 15% to 10%)
- lowered healing bonus to 0.033 in friendly sectors (from 0.044)
* Fixed LODs for Pak 97/38 wheels in low settings.
* Updated LODs for Ostheer Tier buildings.
* Fixed LODs for Panzernest in low settings.
* Panzerwerfer squad no longer captures sector without the right ability.
* Luchs squad no longer captures sector without the right ability.
* Faustpatrone projectile should come now from the tip of the tube instead of above the head of the soldier.
* Sturmpioneers upgraded with minesweepers should be able now to fire the Faustpatrone.
* Updated description of the Pakwagen call-in ability.
* Updated name of the Pakwagen vehicle itself.
* M3 Halftrack upgrade should work like intended.
* Updated description for the PE Schwimmwagen.
* Hummel call-in now has the proper description.
* Updated some descriptions for the locales.
* Removed like 200MB of unneeded files.
« on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »
We have just released the update version 22.214.171.124 in the Steam version, want to read what it fixes? you can check it here
. Steam will download it and automatically install it, so don't worry about it. In case this isn't working, you can verify the integrity of the game files from the options of EF mod in the Steam library and it should download the latest build.
In this update we just released we have added a new reward tree for the Ostheer faction, and I made this post to explain about what it is and what it can do for your faction.
The Assault Division Command Tree focus is, as you might have guessed, to give a home for the Tiger tank in the Ostheer faction. We could have just create a reward unit for the Panzerwerfer and keep everything the same, but we wanted to take the chance and give a different experience, so we assembled some abilities and this tree is the result of that.
At the left hand side we have the following abilities:
- Goliath Heavy Mine (1CP | 125MU): Allows the Sturmpioneer squads to deploy this explosive device like a mine, exploding when a vehicle rolls over it dealing devastating damage to anything in the blast radius. This vehicles are treated like mines, so they don't move but players can detonate them whenver they like too instead of waiting for a vehicle to trigger them!
- Pakwagon (3CP | 450MP / 4POP): This is a call-in ability which brings a modified Ostheer halftrack equipped with a 75mm Pak 40 cannon to the field, and it can use the camouflage ability.
- ME 109 Strafing Run (2CP | 150MU): Calls a ME 109 to strafe infantry units in a specific area. It will fire against enemy units with it's four MG cannons.
At the right hand side we also have:
- Conscription (1CP | Passive ability): Makes infantry based units deploy 10% faster. 'Nuff said .
- Pervitin (2CP | 75MU): This is a medicine given in WW2 to infantry, not specific to the German army, because other countries used it too, but we featured it here. You can consider it to be very similar to some sort of energy drink. It makes infantry to deal more damage and to fire with more accuracy, also it also projects a healing aura so infantry heals each other, but it isn't that strong at all so be aware of this when using it(which means don't think it makes them invincible).
- Tiger I Ace (3CP | 900MP / 14 POP): Calls the Ostheer Tiger as a Tiger Ace, and it has an munition based ability that allows its crew to fire 25% faster, something that could be of help against heavier enemy tanks. It also carries the other two usual abilities from support and assault (passive ability for support -> infantry support aura, timed ability for assault -> smoke screen).
There wasn't a plan to release a reward tree this soon, but due to popular support for the Tiger to return to the Ostheer faction, we worked in this.
You can try this Command Tree by enabling it in the reward tab. Stay tuned for more additions and updates!
- Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: June 26, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »
* Removed Soviet starting squad from annihilation maps.
* SU-76 will no longer fire its main gun normally after getting the artillery upgrade (not even getting very close will make it fire).
* Fixed some wrong references in the SU-76 RGO file.
* Fixed wrong population requirement displayed in ISU-152 call-in.
* Fixed some incorrect modifiers and unit references in the Large Scale Assault ability from Propaganda War Strategy.
* Fixed Men Against Tank upgrade working for all future PTRD upgrades.
* Conscript squad can no longer pick up items (all their available slot items are necessary for their upgrades).
* Fixed wrong angle when building the MG Nest.
* Updated KV-1 to use new KV-1 M1939 model.
* BT-7 will no longer pass through fences or walls.
* Fixed BT-7 wreck having the ghost bug.
* BT-7 can now be upgraded to BT-7A.
* Added ZiS-2 emplacement to replace the 52K while we make a good one.
* Removed unneeded upgrade from Sapper reinforcement squad.
* Fixed Guards upgrades so they can have both at the same time.
* Guards now also benefit from Men Against Tanks upgrade.
* Added antispam ability for guards.
* Guards now don't benefit from the modifiers in their aura ability.
* Guards bonuses from their aura ability do not stack anymore in infantry units.
* Reduced Guards HP from 95 to 90 per entity.
* Sturmovies and Ingeneries squads can now use demo charges if Urban Combat Strategy tree is selected.
* Reduced SU 100 rec. penetration bonus from 15% to 5%.
* Swapped on/off icons for Elefant hold fire ability.
* Replaced Panzerfusilier squad with a Landser squad received from call-in when your HQ is down.
* Fixed orange cube for missing object when reviving a Kubelwagen.
* Fixed some incorrect Sturmpioneer references.
* Fixed bug that allowed an Ostheer player to get a free Sturmpioneer squad after repairing the HQ wreck.
* Panzer IV and StuG III in ambush mode no longer hold fire automatically unless the player uses that ability.
* Fixed typo on Ostheer recrewing path for the Pak 97/38.
* Normalized stats for leFH18 crew (no longer immortal).
* Ostheer Panther squad is now visible even if not unlocked.
* Added firing sounds for the Mannlicher rifle model.
* Updated Ostheer support vehicles research icon.
* Replaced Hungarian tree banner.
* Replaced Elite tree banner.
* Fixed Panzerwerfer lights.
* Fixed armour requirement for Panzer III (no longer can be taken out by bullets after getting skirts upgrade).
* Removed squad size increment from Improved Infantry Gear upgrade.
* Lowered Panzer III upgun cost to 150MP/40F, reduced teching time to 50s from 60s
* Increased 75mm LeIG range by 15m (from 120m to 135m), hits more accurately now
* Lowered LeIG 18 scatter slightly.
* Lowered Landser reinforcement to 26MP (from 27MP)
* Fixed LODs for some Ostheer gear models.
* Ostheer Panther now uses its own set of icons.
* Tweaked bomb positioning of the Hungarian JU-88 ability.
* Fixed cap for Sturmpioneer being of a different color than intended.
* Removed Flak 36 from Sturmpio building menu.
* Removed leFH 18 from Sturmpio building menu if the new reward tree is selected.
* The smoke screen ability in tanks for Assault Pool now uses a different icon.
* Added new reward tree to replace Army Elite Troops Command Tree: Assault Division Command Tree
* Support Pool passive health regeneration doubled in friendly territory
* Support Pool zeal bonus only works on friendly territory
* Kampfkommandant can collect veterancy again
* Reworked Landser weapon upgrades:
- removed infantry modernization II
- added mg34 upgrade, requires modernization I
- mkb requires modernization II
- Schrecks require modernisation I
- reworked MG 34 lmg weapon, more damage and accuracy
* Kesselschlacht tweaked:
- now gives light vehicles the ability to capture points while active
* Increased Elefant health to 1600 (from 1200)
* Lowered Close Air Support upgrades cost to 100MP/15F and 200MP/25F
* Added Spotting Scope upgrade to StuG III (requires Modernization II, increases range by 10m and sight range)
* Increased Pak 97/38 damage to 140 (from 110) but slightly lowered the weapon penetration (~10% less)
* Reworked Heavy MG 34 weapon, more damage and accuracy, longer burst.
* Removed additional tank trap from American engineers.
* Fixed weird text for Calliope.
* Fixed weird text for Pershing.
* Added right veterancy symbols for some weapon capture squads for the Wehrmacht faction.
* Sturm Armory units are rearranged to cover the missing unit.
* Panzer IV now has the same vet icons than the other vehicles.
* Fixed description of the German mortar.
* Removed weird UCS entries for Sdkfz 234 Armoured Car.
* Bergetiger should no longer resurrect anything from non-Axis factions.
* Hotchkiss is now a reward unit of the Panzer IV.
* Fixed pink veterancy symbols for some recrewed PE squads.
* Fallschirmjaegers have their vet icon hidden like the rest of PE.
* Removed weird UCS entries for Hotchkiss.
* Lowered Squad Size upgrade cost to 150MP/25F (from 200MP/40F)
* Changed requirements for Increase Squad Size upgrade to T1 + T2 and either T3 or T4
* Lowered 221 Scout Car cost to 10F (From 15F)
* Lowered Incendiary Grenade cost to 100MP/20F (from 120MP/20F)
* Lowered T1/T2 build cost to 200MP (from 240MP)
* Lowered T3/T4 cost to 260/280 MP and 50/50 fuel
* Fixed requirement text for Panzer Elite Sprint ability.
* Fixed vanilla bug where ACPR ammo wasn't being applied to rebuilt entities.
* Removed green display text from Kettenkrad when choosing a command tree.
* Lowered Pgren buildtime to 32s (from 37s)
* Lowered reinforce cost to 41MP (from 43MP and 50MP respectively for Tankbusters/AssaultGrens)
* Lowered Ketten buildcost to 145MP (from 165MP)
* Marder weapon range increased to 60 to match the intended value.
* Panzer Elite Assault Grenadiers now have a 5th MP-44 when they increase the squad size.
* Panzer Elite no longer receives the Schwimmwagen as additional starting unit in some maps.
* Updated Traditional Chinese local (pending some lines).
* Updated Russian locale (pending some lines - Many thanks to @azamat.magometov for the help!)
* Tweaked some wrecks just in case they were giving problems (Famo, SU-85, Panzerwerfer, KV1, Elefant, King Tiger).
* Adjusted teching for AI of all factions, AI now makes better choices now with making buildings and choosing upgrades.
* Fix typo causing AI error.
* Fixed Wehrmacht AI not building Kampfkraft and sometimes teching too slowly.
* Fixed "The man himself!" not unlocking properly.
* Fixed "Collateral Damage" unlocking on maps that have no ambient buildings.
* Fixed achievements not working and causing Scar errors in save games. This change is retroactive; old save games will now load as intended and you will be able to earn achievements.
* Improved CoH:EF Steam Friends display reliability.
* CoH:EF will now notify the user if he/she installed in the wrong directory.
* Removed pipeline.dat from the current and future builds (now no one should get the "one file always need to redownload" action).
* CohEF will now notify the user if he/she installed in the wrong directory
* Removed unused files.
« on: April 29, 2017, 04:40:11 AM »
Company of Heroes: Eastern Front is going to be available on Steam very soon!
You can check it following this link
or by searching the mod in the store.
It was really a long process, but by no means this means the mod is finished... we still need to work on some things so expect some minor updates at the future
. We will let you know when the build revision is finished, so stay tuned!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: December 25, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »
We have a special announcement for a special day
We have read the comments from players asking about the problems with Panzer Elite and Commonwealth factions as they are designed in Company of Heroes. Since we are going to make a big release into Steam we also decided some months ago to give a try to a better tech system for Panzer Elite and the Commonwealth, however, for now only the former is being worked and the latter will be started after finishing the other.
There is no changes in the Panzer Elite command trees, the changes so far only were made for the regular tech tree of the faction, and we will describe them now.
The Headquarters now store some upgrades that used to be in other production buildings and what they unlock remains the same.
The Panzer Grenadiers are now four men squads, which means they can increase their size to five. Of course, they have become a bit more expensive because to this. They can purchase up to three different weapon upgrades and have the usual abilities. There production buildings remain the same, so there are only four to build and they cannot build defensive structures.
The Kettenkrad has the following changes: it has now an upgrade that allows to detect and dispose mines, it no longer has doctrinal abilities and it uses bike armour instead of the scout car one.
This is the current layout we are testing. It contains anti-tank grenades as global upgrade for Panzer Grenadiers infantry units.
The Scout Car (Sdkfz. 221) now has better suppression rate and also can be upgraded into the unit formerly known as Armoured Car (Sdkfz. 222). This unit no longer has the upgrade to lock down sectors.
The Munition Halftrack (Sdkfz. 252) works the same as it used to be for the most part but has two new features: it has the Deploy Goliath ability and can heal once Field Operations is researched.
The Sdkfz. 263 is now available to Panzer Elite to lock down sectors. It's offensive power is limited, due to having a single MG 34 in a fixed position.
The Vampire Halftrack (Sdkfz. 250/5) now acts as support for infantry, buffing their abilities instead of diverting resources. It has the same detection range as it used to.
The Schwimmwagen Type 128 is a Jeep like vehicle, also equipped with a MG 42 in the passenger seat. It also can lay down mines.
The infantry Halftrack (Sdkfz. 250/1) is just like it used to be in the past, the only change being that can only carry one squad instead of two.
The Mortar Halftrack (Sdkfz. 250/7) has also the same abilities and stats than before, but has a squad upgrade that does something which is a secret atm
It also contains some familiar upgrades, along with a new one. Halftracks used by Panzer Elite are the ones from the designation Sdkfz. 250 ausf. A and it has always been like that, however, with the new upgrade Halftracks will now use the ausf. B chassis that offers more protection. It is a global upgrade that improves all the Sdkfz. 250 Halftrack type-units used by this faction regardless they are built from this building or not.
The units used in this building are the Tank Buster squad, the Marder III and the Stummel Halftrack. The only upgrade available in this building unlocks the Marder III and also the Panzerschreck upgrade in Panzer Grenadiers.
The Tank Buster squad is a four men squad which shares the same abilities than the older version.
The Marder III is the same unit as the old version. However, it gets significantly big stats improvement when using the lockdown ability.
The Stummel Halftrack (Sdkfz. 250/8) is a unit specialized in combat against infantry units, equipped with the 7.5cm KwK 37 L/24 gun and a MG 42.
The Assault Grenadiers are the same as the previous one, except for the squad size.
The Anti-Tank Halftrack (Sdkfz. 250/10) no longer has the tread-breaker ability, but has a Stielgranate 41 ability (WIP).
The Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) is available for this production building and has the armoured skirts as squad upgrade.
The Panzer IV Infantry Support Tank is also available, it no longer has the lock-down ability but features a new upgrade for it's main gun, improving it's stats against armoured vehicles by using the 7.5cm Kwk 40 L/43 as main gun. It shall be noted that Wehrmacht Panzer IV uses the L/48 version, which means this Panzer IV has inferior stats against vehicles compared to the Panzer IV used by the other factions.
The Bergetiger is available and has no changes so far.
Regarding the Command Trees and the reward units, you can assume they are in a vanilla state, but the only change so far is the Nashorn being reward unit for the Jagdpanther.
We hope you like the direction of these changes and then again, we would like to remind you these changes aren't final and they are still being tested.
As the next part of the announcement, we have a surprise for you guys
! Company of Heroes: Eastern Front will feature Steam achievements!! Archaic Entertainment "Labs" never stops working to improve the mod
. Head Researcher Walentin "Walki" L. has worked hard to make this possible. Here is the list of the achievements that will be available once the mod is released in Steam.
And for the last part of the announcement, we are proud to present the new Developer who joined Archaic Entertainment to help developing Eastern Front Mod! He is Ki McKenzie, known as ComradeCrimson/TrenchDog, and he will help us in the position of Voice Acting Director.
Yes, you aren't dreaming, Company of Heroes: Eastern Front will have new voice acting for the Multiplayer units and hopefully in the future Singleplayer missions as well
Here is his soundcloud page
if you want to hear examples of his work.
We are also looking for beta testers which have knowledge and experience in PvP to help us with the balance for the Steam version. For more information you can contact Hendrik (aka 'DarcReaver') by PM
And that would be all for now, we wish you a merry christmas and the next time we will announce the changes for the Ostheer Command Trees. For real this time
Thanks for your support!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:51:05 AM »
Today is time to post about the changes done to the Command Trees used by the Soviet Army. The changes are not as extensive as the ones made to the faction, nonetheless we think these changes are critical to find a better balance between the Tech Tree, the Command Trees and the Reward Command Trees we are going to implement later.
Propaganda War StrategyPolitical Warfare (LHS)
- [1 CP] Not One Step Back!: Your infantry cannot move but their defensive capabilities are increased.
- [2 CP] Shock Guards Reinforcement: Elite infantry squad equipped against every type of situation.
- [4 CP] Stalin Organ: Call-in for Katyushas.
Shock Guards now grants a call-in ability to use Guard squads as reinformcements from offmap. They are equipped with anti-personal grenades, smoke grenades and anti-tank grenades, they also have one PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle and also a DP-28 light machine gun. They arrive ready to the party!Industrial Warfare (RHS)
- [2 CP] ZiS-2 Anti-Tank Gun: Enables the ZiS-2 production permanently replacing the ZiS-3 field gun. ZiS-3 already produced can be upgraded individually.
- [2 CP] Large Scale Assault: Soviet industries allow to produce vehicles faster for a cheaper price.
- [4 CP] Air Raid: A squadron of IL-2 Sturmovik and Hurricane IIC ground-attack planes will strike the targeted area.
Urban Combat StrategyDefensive Warfare (LHS)
- [1 CP] Impenetrable Defense: Machine gun nests get a defensive boost and can reinforce infantry based squads.
- [2 CP] Sturmovie Ingenery Reinforcement: Call-in squads of Ingenery equipped with body armour, PPS 43 SMGs and satchel charges.
- [3 CP] Artillery unit: A howitzer can be built by the Sturmovie Ingenery squads.
Sturmovie Ingenery make their comeback to the Eastern Front in the only way that can be done
. They can build some advanced defensive structures like the Howitzer and the 85 mm air defense gun M1939 (52-K) which has been used in the past in the mod too. They can also build all the other defensive structures than the regular Ingenery squads can.
The picture above just shows a place holder model, but those who have played EF in the past versions might find it familiar.
If you are wondering why I use the word Howitzer instead of something more specific, that's because we are still thinking about what would be used. The picture shown is also a placeholder and only meant to illustrate how it will work.Street Warfare (RHS)
- [1 CP] For the Motherland!: Infantry cannot be suppressed and offers modifiers to charge at enemies for a short period of time.
- [1 CP] Street Fighting: Strelky gets incendiary grenades (replacing Molotovs) and Ingenery squads can purchase a second ROKS-3 flamethrower.
- [6 CP] Steamroller: Call-in for the KV-2 heavy tank.
Additionally, this command tree unlocks the Mine Roller upgrade for the T-34/76 and the T-34/85 tanks, which means this upgrade is exclusive for this tree.
Breakthrough Assault StrategyInfantry Support Warfare (LHS)
Tank Warfare (RHS)
- [1 CP] Infantry Storm: Improves the suppression threshold for infantry units and lowers their build time.
- [2 CP] Inspiring Speech: Infantry will sprint for a short period of time.
- [3 CP] The Juggernaut: Call-in the ISU-152 Zveroboy.
- [2 CP] Armoured Spearhead: The T34 series of armoured units and it's variants are granted cage armour.
- [3 CP] KV-1 Heavy Tank: Calls a KV-1 heavy tank as reinforcement.
- [2 CP] Breakthrough Artillery: Artillery ability to decimate enemy defenses before advancing.
The armoured units who benefit of the Armoured Spearhead upgrade are the T-34/76, T-34/85, SU-85 and SU-100. All of them receive the free upgrade right after the upgrade is purchased.
The Breakthrough Artillery consists of 3 rounds of heavy artillery used upon a targeted area (mortar shells, katyusha rockets, heavy artillery shells) and a fourth one of smoke shells to cover the advancing infantry and vehicles.
And that would be all for now, next time we will announce the changes for the Ostheer Command Trees and it will come very soon!
See you next time!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »
This day we bring to you the new tech tree layout for the Ostheer faction. If you thought than Soviets in the previous update got huge changes then Ostheer ones would be even bigger!
The main problema we faced with Ostheer is the pool selection system, what the players think of it? What can be done to improve it and not make the gameplay boring? Are the units we use justified for the pool scenario we handle? Aren’t too many units for Ostheer?
All of that made us think and rework the system several times, but right now we have something that we find interesting and fun to offer in place of the old system. So here we go:
Headquarters – T0
The headquarters still have the Sturmpioneers as basic unit along with the Assault Pool and Support Pool upgrades, however, it also stores several key global upgrades for the Ostheer Commander:
- Infantry Modernization: Which provides up to two levels/upgrades to improve infantry. First one grants anti-personal and anti-tank grenades in different type of abilities, depending of the infantry unit; second one grants special weapon upgrades to infantry squads.
- Support Vehicle Modernization: Which provides up to three levels/upgrades to unlock armoured support for Ostheer. First one unlocks vehicles such as Halftracks, Panzer IIIs and StuG IIIs; second one unlocks the Panzer IVs; last one unlocks Panther tanks.
- Armor Skirts Research: There is also a third new type of global upgrade which grants all the armoured units (that can be upgraded of course) in the field with armoured skirts.
The Famo is available in this building, although it requires the first Vehicle Modernization upgrade to be produced.
The Sturmpioneers have mostly the same skills, however, they now have the panzerfaust ability as anti-tank measure and can build Observation Posts (since the Opel Maultier is no longer available). Also, Panzernests are the base defense buildings now and no longer tied to the Fortress Army Troops Tree.
It is not shown in the pictures, but actually their OP building is the concrete emplacement and not the one used by Wehrmacht and American forces.
Infantry Gefechts Kommand – T1
This building now features this selection of units.
The Skirmish Commander has now two abilities related to air support: A recon one and a bomb strike one. It also continues to offer a passive aura which effect vary depending if the player researched the Assault Pool or the Support one.
Landser squads have the skills to build some defensive structures and to purchase weapon upgrades in the form of the Mkb42 (H) or the Panzerschreck 43. They also can get anti-personal and smoke grenades.
The Kubelwagen remains the same (no upgrade, both weapons available from the start).
There is an armoured vehicle counter in this building, the Pak 97/38, which is a combination of a 75mm French field gun barrel with a new muzzle break attached to a Pak 38 carriage. It’s penetration is lower than the Pak 38 but still enough to combat medium tanks without problems. It can use HEAT rounds.
Although, the Pak 97/38 was temporary a solution against the new Soviet armour due to the lack of power of the Pak 36, the real anti-tank solution was being produced at the same time, and it is the Pak 40. The Pak 40 requires the Support Vehicle Modernization level/upgrade 2 and can fire Panzergranate 40 rounds. The Pak 40 replaces the Pak 97/38 in the production building, but the units already deployed in the field won’t be replaced.
Schutzen War Camp – T2
This production building is unlocked after the Tier 1 building is finished. The units it can produce are Heavy Machine Gun teams, Marksman squads, Halftracks and Panzer III tanks.
It has a single global upgrade that improves the Panzer III main gun and chassis and affects all the units already produced or to be produced.
Heavy Machine gun teams and Marksman squads remain with little changes, so you can say they are practically the same than in the previous version regarding their functions.
Halftrack squads can transport only one infantry squad whose size is up to six members. It can be upgraded into the Mortar Halftrack (Sdkfz. 251/2) or the Drilling Halftrack (Sdkfz. 251/21) depending on the Pool selected.
The Panzer III has now two cumulative upgrades: Purchase the top gunner (AA MG 34) and to make it a Flammpanzer III, replacing their anti-tank capabilities for anti-personal ones. And has a smoke ability to help to escape when in a pinch.
Panzer Kampf Kommand – T3
This production building has the following units to recruit: the leIG 18 team, the Panzer II “Luchs”, the StuG III, the Panzer IV and the Panzer V “Panther”. It is unlocked after the Tier 1 building is finished.
It also has two global upgrades available for the player: One for the Luchs that allows the vehicle to use phosphorus rounds; the other for the Panzer IV and Pak 40 that grants the Panzergranate 40 rounds.
The leIG 18 is an artillery unit, that can be relocated anywhere where is needed. I cannot autofire, but has a barrage ability.
The Luchs is a fast light vehicle used for recon purposes and has a 20mm KwK 38 cannon which makes it excel in against infantry skirmishes.
The StuG III is an important asset against heavier armoured units, and has a camouflage skill which helps it to ambush enemy units. It can be upgraded with a MG 34 gunner.
The Panzer IV has also a camouflage skill and can be upgraded with a MG 34 gunner.
The Luchs, StuG III and Panzer IV have the same smoke discharge ability than the Panzer III.
Once unlocked, the Panther will replace the Panzer IV production but it won’t replace already deployed units. It can also be upgraded with a MG 34 gunner.
Luftwaffe Headquarters – Auxiliar Tier
This is a new support building which makes use of the Luftwaffe Forces to improve the flow of the Ostheer gameplay. This building requires the Tier 1 to be finished to be unlocked.
The first set of upgrades are named Army Supplies I and Army Supplies II, which lowers the manpower upkeep.
The second set of upgrades are named internally Luftbrücke I, Luftbrücke II and Luftbrücke III (which would be Luftwaffe Air Bridge I, II and III in English - WIP) and increase the munition income for the Ostheer player.
The third set of upgrades are meant to unlock the Skirmish Commander squad abilities. Close-Air Support I and Close-Air Support II, the former unlocking a bf-109 to recon a requested area and the latter which unlocks a Stuka air strike which drops a bomb in the targeted area.
Building this advanced structure also grant the Ostheer player of two abilities: Medikit Airdrop and Brandenburgers. Both are more or less the same as they were in previous builds.
This would be all for this new update, but before finishing we need to say this: Thanks to the beta testers and balancers who gave us feedback to continue working into improving Eastern Front, without this we would have been in the limbo for more time.
Also, we proudly announce we have a new member helping us with the models we still need to do to release in steam, his username is Dark Sentinel
. Thanks to him we can dream for a better release date. Here is a screenshot of the new KV series tanks, made by Dark Sentinel.
If you have any inquiry or comment feel free to leave it in the comment section, we will try to answer as fast as we can. Also, if you have a bug to report, remember to do it in the Bugs & Tech Support
section in our forums (and remember to read the stickied posts before posting).
See you later!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
After several months of discussion and work in new tweaks for the mod, we have a more or less stable build to share with you! Of course, there are still parts that need more fine tunning and it might change a bit for the Steam release, but the base shall remain like we present it in the next paragraphs. We still plan to release Eastern Front before 2017, that hasn't changed, so the next weeks will be very important for us.
First of all, we think is necessary to explain further about our past stance about not having enough material to share in the form of an announcement, and that's because we were in the middle of a huge discussion about the feedback we got from our factions, what makes Soviets good to play, which problems they have due to how we assemble their tech tree, are the command trees fun and balanced? And we question the same thing about Ostheer. Our development cycle is quite long unlike other mods because we are always trying to improve a lot of the game mechanics which makes us appear like we take an eternity to release new stuff.
Also, right now Burton, from the ZombieMod
project for Company of Heroes is lending us a hand with the animations of some of the models we need for the Steam version. You will see more of that in the future.
Now about the changes done to EF factions, due to time constraints we have limited information to present right now, but we have scheduled to share at least five updates very shortly:
- Soviet Tech Tree
- Soviet Command Trees
- Ostheer Tech Tree
- Ostheer Command Trees
So, this announcement will cover the normal tech tree used by Soviets, other announcement will cover it's command trees, but they won't necessarily come in that order, in example: if we find better to post the Ostheer Tech Tree before the Soviet Command Tree then it will be done.
We have prepared some simple illustrations to depict how the tech tree looks at the moment and what skills have each unit as well.Headquarters - T0
The HQ can produce two units: Ingenery squads and the ZiS-44 medic truck. Both haven't changed too much and keep their same abilities and upgrades.Red Army Mustering Tent - T1
This building is the first one you can build and allows Conscripts to be recruited, however, they are called as reinforcements from the off-map area; Strelky, Command Squad, Observer Team, Sniper and Heavy MG Team units are recruited and come from the building as usual.
Conscripts and Strelky share the same defensive structures to build and also both have molotov cocktails as primary anti-personal device, while Conscripts have a rifle grenade to act as softcounter against armoured units and Strelky can purchase PTRS anti-tank rifles against enemy armoured support. When Strelky are upgraded to their Red Banner version, the leader gets promoted into an officer as well.
The Command Squad remains as a four men squad, however, it only has one active ability that is called "Strafniki Demotion", which targets Strelky and Conscripts squads: once you select one it will be converted into a Shtrafniki Squad (aka Penal Squad), with better stats and weapons but will no longer earn veterancy.
The Observer team is shifted more into a infantry - jeep type unit: it gets additional sight range in cover, has reduced chance to be hit by snipers and deals bonus damage against htem. The flare detects cloaked units and gives nearby enemy units a +25% received accuracy debuff. The Sniper... well it snipes units
. The Heavy MG Team remains as usual, with some stats tweaked.Soviet Support Barracks - T2
It allows to recruit the 82mm Mortar, but Heavy mortar squads can still be recruited later too and the ZiS-3 gun is also there with only stat changes; however, there are two new additions: the BA-64 and the T-70 light tank, the latter being unlocked after purchasing an upgrade from this very building.
Our BA-64 will act like a true armoured car and not like a Jeep, so don't expect some rifles will kill it too easy
.Russian Tank Hall - T3
We still need to create a new building for this one, hopefully we will replace it very soon. Now for the vehicles it allows to create: T-60, T-34/76 (later T-34/85), SU-85 (later SU-100), SU-76 and IS-2.
The T-60 no longer requires any upgrade, thus is available by default.
SU-76 requires Light Tankovy research to be unlocked.
SU-85 requires Heavy Tankovy research to be unlocked.
T-34/76 requires either Light Tankovy or Heavy Tankovy research to be unlocked.
IS-2 requires a new upgrade named Breakthrough Tankovy to be unlocked, but it requires Light and Heavy Tankovy to be researched.Armoury - Auxiliar Tier
At the moment it contains seven upgrades:
- Men Against Tannks: Improve Strelky and Conscripts against armoured units.
- Red Banner Strelky: Improves the combat strenght for the Strelky squads.
- Additional Reserves: Lowers upkeep for Soviet units and also lowers the research time for weapon upgrades.
- Ballistic Veterans: Replaces the production of 82mm mortar with the 107mm one.
- Improved ammunition: SU-76, ZiS-2 and ZiS-3 receive better anti-tank shells.
- 85mm Gun Upgrade: Replaces the production of T-34/76 units for T-34/85. T-34/76 units in the field must be upgraded individually.
- 100mm Gun Upgrade: Replaces the production of SU-85 units for SU-100. SU-85 units in the field must be upgraded individually.
- We are still planning about what to do with the eight upgrade.
This might change slightly later, but there shouldn't be any huge or dramatic departures from this layout, we will be working in the next announcement to release it soon as well, so for now I hope you have enjoyed the update, and if you have a comment about it don't hesitate to share it in the comment section.
See you later!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:07:50 AM »
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:56:59 AM »
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »
Good day comrades,
Today we bring you a new update about the status of the Eastern Front mod in Steam. It was a while since the last update, and while we have been busy with our own commitments outside this mod, but we are not dead and we will never be unless you read an announcement from us and you can be sure, if that moment comes you will read about it here firsthand!
Now about the content of the update, it'll be divided in sections to make it easier to read, so let's start:1. Why the delay on the Steam version?
Besides our other commitments and obligations, we had a problem with our repository and we needed to set up another one, to those unware of that word, it means the place where we used to store the version in development from the mod was nuked so we lost the tool to centralize the changes and to avoid everyone having different changes due to the difficult of merging hundred of files, we stopped development until the server issue was resolved. Of course, since we were already busy to begin with, we delayed some time to set up a new one.2.- When the Steam version will be released?
We had planned to release it near the current date, however, due to the situation mentioned above, the date is uncertain... however, you can be sure it will be released this year.3. What about the models needed to replace?
We aren't finished on that, but we are closing the gap.4. What has been changed on Eastern Front in all these months then?
So far, we have been working tunning the Soviet and Ostheer factions; we haven't made a total rework, so don't worry about having to re-learn how to use both factions. So about the changes:Soviets
The changes of the Soviets are subtle compared with the Ostheer ones, because the faction has been worked since long time ago compared to the latter. Soviets don't have new units so far, but they have received a lot of balance changes because of the feedback received in the beta.
We'll work on an updated teching system based on the feedback given from the beta players. Furthermore, the incorporation of Strafniki squads will be different from now - instead of being assault rifle infantry with ppd34 they'll receive SVT rifles.
There will be further tweaks of how the units are accessible in the future aswell as some unit availability switches.
Once the setup is clear we'll give further informations. Right now there's nothing specific.Ostheer
Due to the feedback received so far, we are changing the Pool mechanic to make it better and also we are restructuring the tech path of the faction. Ostheer still has four advanced structures, however, only three of them produce units the fourth being a support-type building:
- Infantry Gefechts Kommand
- Schutzen War Camp
- Panzer Kampf Kommand
- Luftwaffe Divisions Quarter
We have removed the Infantry Gruppen post, but some of their units were put back in the remaining buildings. We are also considering how to improve the current gameplay with Ostheer, due to their use of pool based assets according to the feedback received from the beta players.
The new building, the Luftwaffe Divisions Quarter, has six plane-based abilities to support the Ostheer commander being half of them reserved to support pool and the other half for assault pool. Some of these abilities are from the Support Army Troops tree, which means we would have to replace them.
The plan we have right now(remember it is not final), is to add one of the reward command trees to replace the Support Army Troops one, and we are discussing about which will be.
There are some new variants of the halftrack planned to be used for Ostheer:
- The Sdkfz. 251/20 (known as uhu or eagle owl), which was already announced a while ago.
- The Sdkfz. 251/2 which carries a 81mm mortar.
- The Sdkfz. 251/22 (nicknamed Pakwagen) which is equipped with a 75mm Pak 40 and a rear machine gunner.
- The Sdkfz. 251/9 (nicknamed Stummel) which is equipped with a 75mm L/24 low velocity gun and a rear machine gunner.
The first three are going to be upgrades from the regular halftrack and we are planning to use the last one as call-in, although it is still WIP.
Furthermore, the pools no longer unlock units and the amount of total units has been reduced to streamline the faction and distinguish each unit from each other. Infantry units receive tweaks to their gear to fit them into their roles better aswell as making them more versatile in the course of the match.
The upgrades are connected to Assault and Support pools. For example, Landsers when played in assault pool can upgrade MP40, while in Support Pool they get access to light MG34. Similar adjustments are made for all infantry units available to the Ostheer.
Another unit type that is heavily affected by the pools are now vehicles. The gunner/driver/commander vet system is tweaked, it no longer grants skirts or mg gunners to vehicles.
Instead, each tank (StuG III, Panzer III, Panzer IV) receives the option to either upgrade Armour Skirts (Assault Pool) or Periscopes (with Support Pool) which give larger vision and weapon range to the vehicle. MG34 turret gunners are always available to the Ostheer commander.
Regarding the AI of the mod, Robotnik made tweaks so they tech faster the higher the difficulty. They also make better unit and upgrade purchasing decisions the higher the difficulty.
This would be all for this announcement, but if you have a doubt we can try to answer it in the comment section. As soon as we have all the details ready for both factions, we will let you know about it!
See you next time!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »
This weekend we have to show the reward tree that was supposed to come last week; this time is for the Ostheer faction and replaces the Army Elite Troops tree. The internal name we have for the tree is "Defenders of Budapest". Enjoy it!
LHS - Germany's Endgame2CP - Burn them out!
Grant multiple Ostheer units access to incendiary ammunition. Panzerwerfer gains incendiary ammo, Sturmpios can throw brandflasche(molotov), LeIG 18s and mortars can fire incendiary rounds and the mortar as well.2CP - Battle Hardened Crews
Allows your vehicles to gain veterancy at a faster rate.5CP - Schwerer Panzergruppe detachment (1100 MP)
Call in a King Tiger accompanied by 2 ace veterancyt Surmpioniere squads able to repair under fire more efficiently.
LHS - Hungary's Finest1CP - Fortify yourselves! (75 MU)
The moment you activate this ability, all units in cover or inside buildings won’t be able to move (or move at a slower pace), but won’t die to artillery or explosives, and take reduced damage from small arms fire. This ability is short, but should be able to protect you for a little while from your own artillery or enemy grenades and the like. Duration is around 8 to 12 seconds.3CP - Hungarian Battlegroup (900 MP)
Request a Zrinyi II SPG and a Border Guard squad. The Zrinyi II has a 105 mm howitzer, and it is designed to fit the role of infantry support vehicle. The Border Guards are a 5-man squad that come equipped with two panceltoro rocket launchers and three M43 Danuvia smgs.3CP - Siege Artillery (175 MU)
Allows the commander to fire a barrage of incendiary shells over a designated area. The projectiles will burn the area for some time, denying the area for infantry forces in the process.
The initial concept for this tree has being finished some hours ago, thus we still need to prepare the units(code for abilities and units, textures), so we don't have too many screenshots to add. Also, the names of the abilities might change later. For now is all we have to show, if you have any comment or tip please let us know by writting a comment here.
See you next week!
Archaic Entertainment Team