Download Strackensberg (4) v1.2
Map Format: SGA.
Map Size: Extra Large.
Max Players: 4.
Created Using: Company of Heroes World Builder v2.602.0.199.
Map description: A moderate urban environment, with an outlying area accessible only to infantry.
Miscellaneous: No mortar bunkers, heavy weapon emplacements or scattered squad weapons. All bases have ample build space and lack initial perimeter defenses.
Resources and Victory Points: See Tactical map image (below).
From the map info file:
"German forces retreat towards Berlin, and are ordered to engage in a delaying action at a small Austrian town that has yet to be touched by the war."
In essence, I created this map because I wanted to be the cause of all war damage for a change. At the start, there are no damaged buildings, craters, fires or debris piles.
The file package includes lobby mini-maps to show starting positions, and an action-snapshot loading screen. To install, copy to download file to the following directory:
C:\Users\[USER NAME]\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\Scenarios
The .sga was archived using Corsix's Mod Studio v0.5.5.
- Opened gaps in the walls lining the railroad tracks, as well as various other outlying walls.
- Corrected vehicle access to foot-area inadvertantly created when additional land route was made.
- Modified ai_ markers to help motivate computer opponents.
- Added more civilian vehicles and general street debris.
- Expanded the lake island to include a beach area.
- Updated lobby maps.
- This version of the map has been tested with Eastern Front Mod v220.127.116.11(2 players, infinate pop cap)
- Corrected passability.
- Created an .sga map file.
- Reduced layer count in numerous tiles.
- Various minor cosmetic adjustments.
- Adjusted the position of several resource points to allow better visibility in default view.
- Tweaked height map and territory borders.
- Added detail to several under-developed areas.
- Created an additional land route for vehicles to cross the river (somewhat submerged).
- Initial published release (This version is only hosted at FileFront)
After seeing the initial responses, and noticing no download activity from the map's hosting site, I thought I might show a few more detailed images... or, at least offer links to said images, as they are ~2 mb's each (these images are not the same as the ones posted above):
This is a map I created for personal Skirmish Mode use, and many corrections/adjustments were made before initial publication (e.g., terrain oddities, passability, balance, etc.). I noticed that it plays a tad sluggish with the Eastern Front Mod installed, but since this is the only map I've played with this mod, I cannot with any certainty determine if said effect is global, or just an effect based upon my particular map editing style.
The download link is at the top of this post. The map archive may not be modified without consent of the author.
Enjoy the map, and feedback is appreciated .