Bitte Add this mighty Pak44 in the mod!
I suggest making it a reward unit replacement for something or a special doctrine unit.
" title="20190317005841 1 - Mod DB" target="_blank">
« Last post by Suo on February 18, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
Hello guys, i´ve been fan of your mod for many years and i wanted to test something, i installed EF mod from moddb relase 2.10. but it keeps crashing after 3-4 minutes. I know, its the outdated version, i installed it steam directory, launch was working fine, but game itself crashes. Now if you want me to ask ,,why did you installed older version?" answer is simple, there are some units we do not have in latest steam release such as Sturmpanzer, Panzerjeagers, Medic Halftrac, LMG-34 squad etc. So if any of you guys know how to fix this crash let me know please.
« Last post by Lilla Snigel on February 10, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »
The tooltips for most Soviet doctrines are wrong/outdated:
- Propaganda war says it enables Ingenery to construct additional structures, as far as I know this is not true.
- It also mentions the God of War artillery, but it's since been removed.
- Not One Step Back! doesn't do what it says on the tooltip. I'm not sure it does anything at all?
- Shock Guards don't have a special selection of grenades. Also didn't they use to be Naval infantry? I'd really like those back, if at all possible. Their black uniforms were just so gorgeous and I miss them.
- Sturmovie Ingenery don't construct anything "advanced" that the regular Ingenery can't. I think that tooltip is misleading, too.
- The Breakthrough Assault strategy mentions Sturmovik airplanes, but they're in Propaganda War.
Other tooltip errors:
The artillery piece from the Urban doctrine (the actual field unit)'s tooltip reads "M2 105mm Howitzer"
- Neither the Soviets nor the Ostheer can build forward HQs, which is a problem on large maps (especially for the Soviets who have very limited troop transport capabilities).
- The Shock Guards honestly suck for their price. They get beaten by most any other infantry. Atm they feel like mediocre Strelky.
- The Katyusha sound is wrong (the rocket launch sound should be like Nebel's, but they sound like Stuka right now).
- The mortar upgrade in the Armoury says it affects all units in the field, but existing mortars don't get upgraded (and have no upgrade to purchase with munitions). Upgraded mortar squads also cost extra manpower to train, compared to regular ones.
- The Red Banner Strelky's flag holder has no weapon and doesn't shoot. Which I think makes the upgrade sort of not worth it, except for the SMGs package. (I also want to say the price is a little steep for only a potential upgrade that costs munitions on top, when for example American BAR rifles are cheaper and provide a free global upgrade, but that's more of a balance concern and not a bug)
« Last post by moltenkore on December 07, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »
I've been playing Company of Heroes base game via Steam play (Proton + DXVK) for ages on Manjaro with both multiplayer and single player and working fine.
I'm using NVIDIA driver 415.18 for Linux and I'm unsure of which version of Proton is running currently.
I saw Eastern front and I thought I'd give it a go.
First issue encounter was that it just won't launch with steam play and if you launch it with wine then it'll complain about steam not running. To fix this I found a thread that gave the launch options dev -mod ef_beta -nomovies for the base game which allows me to run Eastern front.
Single player works perfectly fine however when I try playing multiplayer with a friend that runs Windows, I cannot see them in my friends list unless they run the base game with the same launch parameters.
Now the real problem is that we cannot enter a match because the game instantly crashes to desktop for me but doesn't crash for my friend. The loading bar will fully complete and when it's time to move past the loading screen, instant crash.
I'm having a hard time finding any sort of dmp file in the wine directory but I've attached logs that may or may not be helpful.
The Korean translation has been updated!
We are still working on the next major patch, im guessing we will include it with the next patch
Yah, a lot of people just became busy working in reallife, so development is really slow.
Well, let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I need the practice with all the technical stuff if I'm ever going to get my own mod project off the ground!
« Last post by panzerelite on October 01, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
« Last post by panzerelite on September 24, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
We expected that the patch would contain a translation patch, but it was not..
When are you going to do it? We are looking forward to it.
If there is a problem with translation, Please contact Panzerelite68@naver.com
« Last post by panzerelite on September 12, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
I am a Korean user enjoying EF.
It's been a long time since the Korean translation was stopped.
I made a Korean translation patch. and i hope this Korean Translation patch to be applied to EF.
Please link your patch here.
I think it would be a cool addition for EF
I wonder if you can make a Japanese translation patch as well
Irrelevant? He said that he made a korean patch. There is no reason why he should/could make a japanese language patch.