Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Hello, question about physics/ragdoll  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Darkbladecr

• Ingenery
  • CoH:Modern Combat
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Modern Combat
Hello, question about physics/ragdoll
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
Hey EF team,
I have a quick question about physics/ragdoll. I have been looking into how to recreate this with custom models. I understand the tools and Reactor, but I don't understand how to properly get the model to be exported. I am sure that a mesh called proxy is required. As once I make that it allows me to choose meshes to select to add weight to. However I keep getting repeating errors when I try to link anything up. Can you guys please give me a heads up of what to do to get this to work out properly?

Thanks,
Darkbladecr

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
Re: Hello, question about physics/ragdoll
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
Hi darkblade.

You would probably be best speaking to one of our animators through private chat. I'm sure you already have contact details from previous encounters.

Offline Darkbladecr

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »
I only have Kamikaza's and he is usually busy, this is why I was wondering if you could help me out by sending me some other contacts I can talk to... because most of your team does not reply to my PM :(

Offline Hartkeks

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »
Hi,
I'm sorry to say that I haven't figuered out ragdollphysics.
I just can add physics to static objects like barrels, boxes or handweapons and stuff like this.
I use the relic tool for this but there you apply weight to rigid bodies. Maybe we find out together what is needed for animated objects with bone structure.

Regards, Hartkeks 

P.S.: I send xfire contact by pm

Offline Darkbladecr

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
I know how to set it up with reactor, althogh not sure how to link it with the relic tools, maybe with both our knowledge we can accomplish something  ;)

And thanks for the PM. I will be busy until this weekend, but even then I'm not sure how much time I will have as our next PR should get finished up soon.