Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: JuhwannX - Casting EF  (Read 7616 times)

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: JuhwannX - Casting EF
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:39 AM »
Haha, I loved your reaction to the Sturmfusiliers. Those guys are brutal, and should totally not come with the Wespe. I still want to see them in the game, but by god, they are way too brutal the current way they come in. You did good against Simus though!

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »
Haha, I loved your reaction to the Sturmfusiliers. Those guys are brutal, and should totally not come with the Wespe. I still want to see them in the game, but by god, they are way too brutal the current way they come in. You did good against Simus though!

Why are those guys brutal? they Don't have Elite armour, only get two PE schrecks and require 4cps...  and The battlegroup does not only consist of The Wespe but also panzer38t - sich we'll hopefully See More often when The patch has been released. :)

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
IMO there is no need to have two different call-ins, specially if the Wespe is better than the Panzer 38t which I only see like an "oh shit!" call-in but weaker than the other "oh shit!" call-ins. But I guess we could wait for the patch being released and tested by everyone to get more feedback.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
IMO there is no need to have two different call-ins, specially if the Wespe is better than the Panzer 38t which I only see like an "oh shit!" call-in but weaker than the other "oh shit!" call-ins. But I guess we could wait for the patch being released and tested by everyone to get more feedback.
Well, the Panzer38t in the current patch is bugged a "bit", e.g. it's completely worthless as it's immobile and the gun shoots way slower than originally intended. It has been fixed though in the internal and hopefully the tank will be of more use. Also, the Wespe and Panzer38t will be available on the field at the same time, but still the hardcap will be 2 vehicles in total.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline YahVohl

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: JuhwannX - Casting EF - New Strategies?
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07:21 AM »
Hey Guys,

I watched all of the videos on JuhwannX's youtube channel and thought they were all good. Juhwann is pretty good at casting and will get better fast I am sure. His English is really improving and it is a good exercise for developing his English skills, no doubt. May I suggest that Juhwann consider partering up with at least one other mate....so the casting can be consistently "rolling"? If things are halting due to his scheduling of other events in his life it will really slow things down. My take is that it would be good to have lots of such casts, a steady stream, so to speak. That would enable those interested in this great mod to have new casts to view and share with friends getting into this fresh. I don't think one man can really have a big impact on promoting the MOD. It is going to take a joint effort, an alliance, if you will. This could really take off it is hit hard from the start. Lots of uploads, lots of casts, could get a lot of interest. VCoH has a lot of players, still, even after CoH2 has come out. CoH2 is way out of balance at the moment, last tournament was way out of balance, for instance. Soviets are way too strong. They are not getting a handle on this quickly and the imbalance may last some time. There are also bugs, etc. So, the time is ripe to introduce the great EF MOD, I think. The Frontline Network has done a pretty good job at promoting VCoH and now CoH2, but they don't have a steady stream of new casts, just one every few days or so. This, of course, picks up the pace when they cover tournaments (which is a great idea, casting tournaments.) There are tons of games that could be cast, so personal scheduling is the weak link. That is why I am suggesting a newtork of casters, multiple casters sharing a single network/site/youtube channel, etc. You might also open things up to people casting their own games and uploading them for them to your "EF Network" site. Why not? People can do the work for you that way. :) There will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to cast themselves into a stupor....there is no lack of casting opportunities. Everyone can "max themselves out".....:)

Also, this may sound stupid to you guys, but there are some games against the AI that have lots of action and can be very interesting to those players just starting to look into EF. If the gameplay and strategy is complicated in the beginning, that can seem oppressive to the new players. (A side note, stomping newbs is not a good strategy for promoting any game/mod.) IF things are less complicated by superior strategy, tactics, micro, etc., it can be much easier for new players to "get a grip" on how to get started with the MOD. Doing casting can also be like doing a tutorial/mentoring cast/and shoutcast all in one cast. This can be helpful for those who are a bit overwhelmed by all the things going on, and maybe even have only just seen VCoH recently, or EF. There are a lot of VCoH players that could get interestd quickly in EF, but there are also lots of people who might not even know about CoH too. Just saying this, if the casting is sensistive to entry level players and their needs..... it might be more effective in filling the EF ranks, and furthering the popularity of EF. Just some thoughts.

Keep up the good work!!
YahVohl

Offline JuhwannX

• Beta Testers
  • Mr. Spam
  • Every night I get some serious pussy
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel, for EF shoutcasts.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 07:34:03 AM »
Despite having lived in the United States for about 100% of my life, I'm glad to know that my English is improving :P. I stopped doing casts for a while, due to me wanting to update my microphone, so it wasn't shit. I also stopped for a while, as there weren't many games for me to cast on a consistent basis. I wanted to stick with 1v1's so people who want to see the mod, and that want to learn the mod, can learn it from the perspective that's the easiest to learn a game like Company of Heroes. I will also never ever (And let me add on an extra EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR onto that one :)) cast a game vs. AI. I do not like them. I do not watch them. Do not send them to me. Don't ask me to review them. Don't even bother me with them. If you want me to inspect a PvP game, and do a 'What you could have done right' type of series, then I'd be happy to do that. I think that'd help new players to the mod, more than that. Also new players have plenty of avenues to learning the Mod. They can add me, or really any dev, on steam I'm sure, and I'm sure they'd be happy to answer them.

I know I'll link my steam here, just for new players to add me and ask me questions: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032636559/
New players can come onto the forum. And ask in a public place what units do,what they are designed for, the best way to use them, etc.
New players can look to my channel in the near future, as I plan to start trying to make videos of my strategies winning.

Also on the topic of promotion. I've been speaking with Fatal Saint about doing a promotional cast for the mod, as well as just recently asked Rogers of Rogers and Pounder, if they would like to do a promotional cast. I have to get the timing and all that stuff together (And I think Fatal wants to know more about the mod before doing a promotional cast of any type) but after that, I think that'd be plenty of promotion. So none of this, "Oh Juhwann stopped posting videos about the mod, so I guess he's stopped casting :'(" IIRC I said before I was updating my microphone and some of my hardware before beginning again. And if people don't want to use the forum to put up games that they think are castable, then I can't make something out of nothing. I have 1 game I'm going to cast tomorrow, before going out of town for the weekend. Everyone should be happy with the game. Alot of ridiculous stuf But anyway, if you want me to do more games, then put some good PVP games up on the forum. Like said previously, I can't make something, out of nothing. And doing PoV casts is just irritating, as I standardly don't talk while playing and I don't like talking out-loud like that, while playing.
YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCK WITH ME?! www.youtube.com/user/juhwannX