Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: New Portable Mg suggestion  (Read 2587 times)

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
New Portable Mg suggestion
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »
Hey it's been a long time since i last posted, but i have an idea for an Infantry mg you could use untill you can make a Maxim portable.
You could use a tripod SG-43 as an infantry mg

Also i was wondering if there will maybe after ostheer an realistic damage, range, penetration etc match time eg
Hardcore Victory points
Hardcore Annihilate
Hardcore King of The Hill
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:51:36 AM by BffWithDEATH »
Embrace your Dreams

Offline ubermensche

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: New Portable Mg suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »
I don't think that the team will implement a realistic damage mode simply due to the large amount of work that will be involved. First you gotta correctly input the right damage to ALL the units of ALL the SIX factions. And then you gotta balance everything out.
"These new recruits are the caca!"
"Our tanks are far better than that cheap Allied scheisse!"
"Screw this weapon, man!"

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »
I've been working on something like that with my own mod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-avalanche-fall-of-italy ); I'm sure I could balance out stuff for EF, but since I'm not on the dev team I doubt I'd get their blessing to do so.
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
I've been working on something like that with my own mod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-avalanche-fall-of-italy ); I'm sure I could balance out stuff for EF, but since I'm not on the dev team I doubt I'd get their blessing to do so.
The thing is that CoH isnt made for realism. In realism tanks would need to shoot 2-3km instead of 40m like they do now, and maps are simply too small for that. Also squad sizes are too small, and you can't really build a tank-damage-system like it was in real life. Because tanks take up so much performance that you can't have more than ... let's say 40 tanks per game at the same time before it starts lagging like crap.

And with 40 tanks max you can't create the allied-mass-cheap-tanks vs. german-expensive-small number-tanks system.
Just look at blitzkrieg... The system is horrible and doesn't "feel" right at all.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 04:44:09 AM »

That would be great to realistic damage in EF for alternate match types, btw i just played your mod, on moddb it shows large doctrines and alternative names for factions, is this meant to be in 0.4.7 or is it in a future patch?
Embrace your Dreams

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:31:49 AM »
Future patch :P
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »
The Volskinator could do it easily, i like what he's done on his mod for realistic damage, and it would only be in Alternative match type's, so it would only be adding to the mod for a larger variety of ordiance.

E.G this is the kind of thing he's done on his mod for it.

Features: A new standardised weapons damage system. All weapons deal damage based on ammunition type;
.50 BMG - 20
.303 British (7.7x56mm Rimmed) - 15
.30-06 - 14
7.92x57mm Mauser - 13
7.92x33mm Mauser - 9.5
6.5x52mm Mannlicher-Carcano - 8.75-8.25
.38/200 Smith and Wesson - 8
.45ACP - 7
.30 Carbine - 7
9x19mm Parabellum - 6
7.63x25mm Mauser - 5
Embrace your Dreams

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 03:01:06 AM »
Would someone on the dev team please shoot me a PM (possibly after you guys talk it over)? I'd like to see if I can't pull this off in my spare time; have already gone about researching Soviet squad sizes, tactics, abilities, and so on, and work on the Breakthrough Doctrine (now renamed 13-ое Отделение Винтовки Охранников or 13th Guards Rifle Division; a direct entrance into multiple translators as the full name of the division in true cyrillic was far to long to fit into any appreciable UI. For now, breaking with my own tradition, the names of RU units and squads will be in strictly English, not in Russian-with-correct-latin-figures, as the translations are...messy).

If I am given permission, I'd need the names of all of the soviet weapon's muzzle markers (For adding projectiles to the weapons, rather than tracers). Unfortunately I can't get my OE to work properly to do it myself :|
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:26:31 AM by TheVolskinator »