Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Don't understand a MOD  (Read 1095 times)

Offline house

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Don't understand a MOD
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
Hi Folks,

I don't understand how mods like this work. I do install and launch it correctly and it does say Eastern Front. But, all the missions seem to be the same missions of the original COH. Mods that I have used in the past you had to "explicitly load them" to see the new missions. Are the "new" missions the same as the old missions only say the different weapons and such have different values? Or are the missions completely different with different maps and strategies but just appearing named as the original mission list?

Can someone help me understand how this works before I go through the "Tutorial training" all over again (I had to reinstall from Steam)?

Also, this can be played "Single player mode" correct?

Thanks in advance!

Offline SC

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Bob's your uncle, here we go!
    • View Profile
Re: Don't understand a MOD
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 06:57:59 AM »
This mod wasn't specifically made for Single Player. It was a multiplayer mod to add two new factions, Ostheer and Soviet armies. While single player campaigns are planned, they're currently unfinished and you can only currently do the original CoH campaigns. And yes, you are able to do AI skirmishes against/with the new factions.
le stalin faec

Offline house

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
Oh, I see.    :(

Thanks.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »
New Singleplayer Campaigns are in the process of being made, but right now we're squarely focussing on getting the Ostheer ready for public release.