Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.1 Patch - Ostheer: Bugs  (Read 17176 times)

Offline rtil

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 Patch Ostheer Bugs
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »
I think this is a bug - when you build an Ostheer unit that requires assault or support, and switch between the two during the unit's production, the unit will stop building at 99% and never come out of the building, freezing all production. i can't imagine this being a feature.

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
Its not a bug...
ofcourse when you start building something and reconstruct your manifactory  during the proccess to produce another stuff you cant finish this thing...

Offline rtil

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »
realism aside, that is just annoying. i built it when i needed it, i expect it to come out of the building. having to check to make sure there aren't any support units building when you need to switch to assault and vice versa is absurd, unless the goal of that mechanic is to purposely slow down the production of the Ostheer, in which case you are putting a band-aid over a gaping wound in design.

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »
realism aside, that is just annoying. i built it when i needed it, i expect it to come out of the building. having to check to make sure there aren't any support units building when you need to switch to assault and vice versa is absurd, unless the goal of that mechanic is to purposely slow down the production of the Ostheer, in which case you are putting a band-aid over a gaping wound in design.

Frankly, it's also engine related. It's as far as I know impossible to have it the way you want.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline wolf420

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 11:14:31 AM »

think of it this way your working in a factory making a product and you get a rush order for another product does that first product continue building no it dont the rush job comes first.

on a bug related note when you build the concrete bunker i see no way to build the cannon for it all it shows is the med bunker but when you place the marker it shows the cannon if i want to use it for offence i have to garrosan it with troops

TheVole

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
The flak is no longer an upgrade, though I cannot remember the reasoning of why it was removed.

Offline wolf420

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »
ic ok it would make for nice base def but it's all good if i wanna go defencive i can just play as weir

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
Share a few on Ostheer again:

1. The Elephant/ Panzer Tiger (not sure the name), do have some errors in the upgrades (Commander and Engine Upgrade). Cannot know the description of the upgrade.
2. Landser when reach Vet Ace (Vet 4) for Medic Upgrade the icon for Frag Grenade is lost, and replaced with Med Kits In Vet 1 Med kits did not shown up as the description said. However you still can use the grenade via hotkeys.
3. Wondering is the HQ for Ostheer is also Reich HQ? And I think that is the US flag is it? (I think it does not matter that much XD)
4. Someone has mentioned that, but quite a few infantry units' reinforcing tab shows "Better VS Infantry".

5. Finally there is the UI sound (even it is not complete yet) when there are units killed or purchased doctrines/ when a sector is lost, though I only understand "Achtung". Great job and looking forward for the Soviet UI :>
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:26:17 PM by miles_dixon »

Offline ubermensche

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
I'll start by congratulating you on the excellent work!

Now on for the bugs.

1. Brandenburgers: apart from the camouflage and demolition charge bugs, another one is the icon for deploying them disappearsfrom time to time. Also, Brandenburgers don't show on the tactical map.

2. Tank commander veterancy bonus: the text description for the commander bonus is the same as the engine bonus description.
"These new recruits are the caca!"
"Our tanks are far better than that cheap Allied scheisse!"
"Screw this weapon, man!"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
[...]
3. Wondering is the HQ for Ostheer is also Reich HQ? And I think that is the US flag is it? (I think it does not matter that much XD)

[...]
Ehmm... Have you tried any axis faction on that position? It would happen to anyone even on vanilla and in the other side would be the axis flag. It has always been like that.

The HQ for Ostheer is the same than the Wehr one, just with the correct changes of flags.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline LiefTundra

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or it was intended, but I when one member of my Soviet sniper team dies, I can reinforce anywhere and the reinforcement comes down by parachute.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
lol :D! What a curious bug :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
Having done the same sort of thing while coding Europe in Ruins mod...sneaky little RGD coder gremlins methinks, a little hidden mechanic to mess around with. Naughty naughty.
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:33 PM »
Ah, that happened because the sniper has the paradrop tags in the ebps and sbps. Relic added it to the regular sniper, but as it does not need to reinforce, we never noticed it.
Mors Indecepta

Offline SooSFan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
Well i gues now i must play ostheer  ;D and why `right The jagdtiger model shows missing model or a blue box of doom how i would call that " model "
please fix that