Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Application - Italian translation  (Read 5159 times)

Offline funkabbestia

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Application - Italian translation
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
Hello Eastern Front guys, thank you for the amazing work you're doing. I believe I coudl help you with the Italian translation.

Name: funkabbestia
Contact info (Steam): funkabbestia

What you think you can contribute to our mod: I can deal with an Italian translation for sure, and I could probably help with some programming
How active you think you can be: 4-6 hours a week
Examples of your work: I am a research assistant in a university (aeronautical engineering), mostly working on simulations and UAVs. Programming languages: C/C++/C#, Matlab/Simulink.
Other notes: I am Italian but I spent a total of 4 years in the UK, so my English is pretty good.

Cheers!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Application - Italian translation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
Hello funkabbestia,

We are looking for a guy who can take care of the Italian translations although we have another possible translator as well, but we would like to know how active you can be, because sometimes we have problems with translators that want to help us but once they are in, they disappear or do a bunch of translations and then never return, or they return later but do not translate anything(like if they were just normal users visiting the forum). We are seeking for responsible members, and while certainly this cannot be know before giving a chance to someone, I'd like to hear your answer to this.

I'm just saying this to know what do you think about it. Translations might be a small part of the mod, but they are important overall and we have suffered of having outdated locales for most of the half of the available languages. Now thanks to Rizz the outdated locales show the English text instead of the outdated one in their own language, so at least they can read that, however, that's not the solution we want to apply... and that's why we need a responsible person as translator and not someone that helps today and disappears the next month to never return.

Thanks for applying. Do you think you are suitable for the position?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:43:40 PM by Blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline funkabbestia

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
Hi Blackbishop,

as I said, at the moment I can commit to 4-6 hours a week, I believe that should be more than enough for the translation. In fact, this might change in the coming months, what I can promise is to give some warning (say, a month) in case that happens, so that you are not suddenly left in trouble.

Let me know if that is ok with you

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
I'm ok with that :). I'll will promote you to Translator then.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline funkabbestia

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »
Cool! So how do things work? Are you going to send some files to translate? Or do I just go to the translation main page and start off?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mors Indecepta

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
Cool! So how do things work? Are you going to send some files to translate? Or do I just go to the translation main page and start off?

Just go to the translation page and start off.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?