Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer versions conflict or bug. Game crashes!  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Eudes

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Ostheer versions conflict or bug. Game crashes!
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »
Hello, everyone!

I want to report an awkward bug. I have installed the game yesterday (New Steam Version and Ostheer 2.x) and I have played a coupe of matches without any problem whatsoever.
But today, when I wanted to play again, the game crashes when trying to press the "Multiplayer" button. It suddenly exits the game and shows the bug-reporting window from Relic. I tried a couple of times already, but is the same result. Oddly, it happens only for "Multiplayer" and "Operations". I have entered the "Campaigns" without any problem.

Well, I looked in the EF Launcher, and it says EF version 2.1.0.3, but when I launch the game, it shows EF version 2.1.0.2, so the game version is not the same with the launcher version. Needless to say, I am online when playing and EF Launcher says "Game is up-to-date".

I have tried to reinstall some patches (2.1.0.2 and 2.1.0.3) from the "Update" folder in game directory. It seems to do that without any problems at all, but there is no effect on the game, only on the EF Launcher.

Regarding systems and operating systems, I have a rather old one, Windows XP x64 Edition, but the platform is rather good/medium. The thing is, a friend of mine, with which I wante to play, has a Windows 7 OS on a good platform and has the same problem. Both of us bought the game yesterday from Steam and downloaded and installed it, and there was no problem at all. Today, suddenly, it has this odd versions conflict.

Please help!
Thank you

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
Re: Ostheer versions conflict or bug. Game crashes!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
What type of map you played ?
Cuz this issue was happen to us only when we played observer maps. And the fix is to delete temp.rec file (the last replay) from Documents\my games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback folder.

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »
What type of map you played ?
Cuz this issue was happen to us only when we played observer maps. And the fix is to delete temp.rec file (the last replay) from Documents\my games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback folder.

Yup, I can vouch for him.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline Eudes

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
Hi there and thank you for your quick answers.

We played two matches. The first one was "Achelous River", and the second was "Fire Island". I'm sorry, but i don't know what "observer maps" means. I'l try to do what you suggested. I'll come back with the results soon!

Do you need some technical details on our platforms?

Offline Eudes

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »
Well, I tried your suggestion. I deleted the file from "My Documents/.../Playback", but it was the same thing. The second I pressed "Multiplayer", it crashed.

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
Try renaming the Playback folder into something else (eg. abcd) and see if that helps.

Just a side note, does it crash when clicking "Skirmish"?
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Eudes

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
Hello!

I have renamed the folder "Playback" into something else and it works. All game modes are now available. Haven't tried it in multiplayer yet, but monday I plan to play with my friend. I'll let you know if something goes bad.

Thank you very much for your help!

Do you have any idea about the causes of this error? Because the versions still appear to be different, I mean EF Launcher is 2.1.0.3 and the game is 2.1.0.2.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
The versions being different is not causing the error, and it was a human error XD.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline qwertykop

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:07:46 AM »
I have this too!

EF and OSTHEER says it is 2.1.0.3 (latest), but ingame it is 2.1.0.2. Maybe visual?

No crashes or whatsoever that I am aware of ATM.

OH, and WEHR sniper firing still has got no sound in latest version!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 12:26:34 AM »
Of course it doesn't have sound :P... did you see that in the patch notes? ;).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...