Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Patch 2.200  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Eastern Front Patch 2.200
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

Hello comrades!

The patch 2.200 was just released! After working on the feedback brought by players and balancers, we have done many changes on Eastern Front mod, hopefully they would make balance better. For further information about what was changed, you can take a look at the changelog.

We also want to inform you about the foreign faction reward thingy. After discussing the idea, we decided to not create a foreign reward faction, because it would involve a lot of balance work, and we don't have the time nor the crew to pull this out. But do not despair, because Ostheer and Soviets are getting a big surprise!

Ostheer will get access to three reward doctrines, featuring unique units and abilities, one of them will be completely based around the foreign support. This means Ostheer will not have any reward unit, but three reward doctrines and the Sturmtiger will be relocated into one reward doctrine.

For the Soviets, there are another set of three reward doctrines, so we will have now some freedom to allocate some units that players would have liked to use, like Soviet paratroopers, KV-85, BA-64 and more. Also, it is a fantastic time for those ones expecting the return of the SU-100, and you will be happy to know it returns to the Tank Hall once more. Just like with Ostheer, Soviets reward units will be relocated into the reward command trees if necessary:

1) The Observer Team now comes on T1 while the Ford GPA still comes from T2.
2) The SU-122 will be on it's own reward tree.
3) KV-1 is now the default unit of breakthrough.

We will be releasing two reward command trees at every "big patch" (you can identify it looking at the second number 2.2.0.0) starting on the next update, one for Soviets and one for Ostheer. We think this is the best way because waiting for the three trees means a long wait, while releasing one by one helps players to access quickly to the new features. Or what do you think?

Going back with the current changes, you might wonder what happened to SU-85... it was now moved to Tank Hall and requires Heavy Tank upgrade. So, SU-85 and SU-100 in Tank Hall? Correct, you get SU-85s and T-34/76s after you unlock them, and a new upgrade was added into the armoury: 100mm upgun for SU-85. So, you can start getting SU-100 after that upgrade... but there's a catch, because it is too much having both (SU-100 and T-34/85s) one upgrade disables the other. So you can upgrade the production to SU-100 only if you haven't got the T-34/85 upgrade and vice versa for the rest of the match.

This means that if you get the SU-100 upgrade, you won't be able to get T-34/85s, but you will get the SU-100 with it's superior cannon and you will only build T-34/76s. On the other hand, if you get the T-34/85 upgrade, you will stick with SU-85s, so it is up to the player to decide what tactic he will approach. This change will be present in this patch, but we don't have the new SU-85 model yet(which means we will use the SU-85 as place holder with a different name) so you would need to bear with us.

But don't worry, both of them (SU-85/SU-100 and T-34/76|T-34/85) will be able to carry passengers or get cage armour. I know the screenshots are old but when we have new progress you will know ;).

The Beutepanzer ability now should work correctly against allied factions, however, it was tied to the Fortress Army Group Tree due to it was a strong ability to be used normally. Cromwell now has the proper Beutepanzer texture(thanks VanAdrian) but the T-34/85 still doesn't have a proper texture. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch.

One last important change made was for both Sniper units for Ostheer and Soviets, Marksman and Sniper Team, according to the feedback received, we tweaked a bit their mechanics and now they present the following changes:

* They start with cover camouflage, once they stay by ten seconds on light or heavy cover they will camouflage, but they will lose the camouflage when retreating or firing a shot. In order to regain it they should stay on cover again. Detection of the sniper/marksman doesn't completely remove the camouflage if the sniper doesn't retreat or fire, so getting away from the enemy units will make it come back in a few seconds.

* They get the regular camouflage ability when they reach veterancy level 2.

* Their cost is now 300MP.

* The Soviet Sniper is an one man squad until it gets veterancy level 3.

We also have updated our old 76mm obr.1927 model for this new one, courtesy of DMz and Beefy^:

We have fixed a lot of bugs reported by the community, thanks for the feedback guys! I hope you enjoy the changes and to look forward for further updates! Hopefully, we will be replacing several outdated models in the future!

Right now there isn't a full version, but it will come later. Please update using your launcher and if you can't, you can look here.

If you are a Chinese player, don't forget we support Simplified Chinese locale for Eastern Front module, you can always swap it with this.

Thanks for downloading and continue to enjoy,

Eastern Front Development Team
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:14:23 AM by Blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Patch 2.200
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »
Also, the AI has been vastly improved, and there are way too many changes for me to list. Provide feedback in the AI thread if you find any problems

Offline Mitchel1497

• Ingenery
  • donald was on vacation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:39:03 AM »
My friend was saying that when he went to go install the patch it said that EF wasn't installed.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
That means your friend didn't install EF correctly.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline kater123

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »
I found that all soviet reward units are disappeared in the reward selecting pages after update. Is that my own problem ???

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:02 AM »
Great patch guys!

I found that all soviet reward units are disappeared in the reward selecting pages after update. Is that my own problem ???

Read changelog first, then ask questions ;).

Offline kater123

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »
Great patch guys!

Read changelog first, then ask questions ;).

Thanks mates, I really forget the changelog :-[

It's good to see a new GREAT patch of EF! :D

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
SU-100?!

I LOVE YOU!!! :D

Offline Magyar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »
I have not yet had the chance to try out the latest version, but based on the change log I believe you guys have managed to come across a rather ideal and balanced solution to the sniper dilemma with regards to cloaking. I just hope it works as well in practice as it sounds in theory.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:51:01 AM »
Its been quite a while since I have been on these forums, glad to see we have the Ostheer. Haven't installed or played CoH in a long time since I got my new computer since mid July. I am very excited to see how it goes.
My personal favorite

Offline AzureFishy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:15:44 AM »
My CoH playing group and I had toyed with Easter Front about 6-8 months ago and only recently got CoH up and running on Steam just to try out the new Eastern Front update.  Well, we're absolutely loving the mod and can't imagine playing without it! Awesomely balanced and with impeccable quality, you guys have created the real "Company of Heroes 2" when it comes to relevant improvements to the multiplayer.

Awesome work and keep it up!  Our hope would be that Relic officially recognizes Eastern Front and gives it some advertisement in the near future!