Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Intelligence Army Group AKA (A suggestion for a Ostheer award doctrine)  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Death grunt 117

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Just a ideal I have been thinking about.

Summary :

To hold off the Red Bear,look not towards your gun but to your wits! Hunt and halt the soviet's advances with the with the fast and highly trained Gebirgsjäger and the finest reconnaissance vehicles to watch for any weakness in the Red tide! And the always reliable panzer I,The numerous Ostbattalionen and the unparalleled Pak 43 In the Reserves will be able outlast whatever your enemies dare throw at you.

The doctrine's tank is a Panzer V/IV command tank that can either use Mark Fire (Assault) on a hostile vehicle, friendly units are more accurate and the do more damage to the marked vehicle and the other is Panzer Cover (Support) all friendly tank take less damage and all hostile units accuracy to them is lowed for them for 30 seconds.

Tech Tree :

Right tree: Field Logistics :

- 2CP Field Command (Passive)
Allows the Strumpioneers to build a Logistics Camp in friendly territory,the Logistics Camp can train either Gebirgsjäger Kz.GrW42 mortar teams (Support) or a Gebirgsjäger sPzB41.leFl41 Anti-Tank teams (Assault)

- 3CP Reconnaissance Support  (Call in)
(Assault)Sd.Kfz. 232,A Heavy recon vehicle with sub-par armor,decent speed and adequate firepower with the ability to Camouflage with a moderate sight boost.
(Support)Sd.Kfz. 263,A Radio,recon vehicle with sub-par armor,decent speed and poor firepower with the ability to hull down and call in artillery strikes.

- 1CP Logistics Complex (Passive)
Gives all Gebirgsjäger troops the ability to Camouflage.

Left tree: Field Reserves :

- 3CP Panzer I (Call in)
A relatively fast light tank with two MG 34s with a high suppression rate but it's armor can only stop standard Infantry weaponry and it slow acceleration leaves it vulnerable to Anti-Tank teams.

- 2CP We have Reserves (Ability)
All Infantry loss when active will be replaced with Osttruppen Troops witch have high numbers per unit and fight better in larger groups but are poorly trained and armed.

-4CP Pak 43 Anti-Tank Gun (Call in,Only one can be active at a time)
A Highly powerful gun that is towed by a unit of 5 Men with a long gun range and a powerful kick,can also fire a (Support) high explosive shell or (Assault) Armour-piercing, composite rigid shell.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:22:31 PM by Death grunt 117 »

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
Re: Intelligence Army Group AKA (A suggestion for a Ostheer award doctrine)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
a pak43 being towed by men? thatbthing was so massive it could not possible be done, maybe if there were 20 men it might work :P

I do like the panzer I thpugh, even if it was not really in use later in the war. at least we would have the whole panzer family in the ostheer then :P

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
a pak43 being towed by men? thatbthing was so massive it could not possible be done, maybe if there were 20 men it might work :P

I do like the panzer I thpugh, even if it was not really in use later in the war. at least we would have the whole panzer family in the ostheer then :P
Pak 43 was pulled by minimum of 12 soldiers ;)
But they were just able to move it into firing position and not over a battlefield.
Would be funny to see the Pak 43 ingame with 12 men crew, or? Snipers nightmare  ;D
May the force be with you.

Offline Death grunt 117

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
Well,the reason with the 5 men crew was of because if the crew died then how would you be able to recrew it?

Thinking about it,it could have 12 man crew and if the crew dies then you can call in a reserve crew that are the only unit able to recrew it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:46:55 PM by Death grunt 117 »

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:31 PM »
The 12 men crew was more a joke because a moveable 8,8cm Pak 43 wont happen in the near by future ;)
And out of my view your doctrine had a bigger problem; your "We have Reserves"-ability.
It isnt a deal when u waste your infantry (or vet infantry) because of such an ability. In my opinion this
"american war machine" is one of the worst annoying abilities ingame. Do u remember the time when red army had
this "infantry reserve" ability? Was a nightmare  ;D Thats the reason why it was kicked by balancers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:07:44 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
@rommel
if you use it right AWM is extremly powerful
but works only for tanks and not inf

and even there it works also only for mass cheap tanks or 1-2 extrem expensive ones

Offline Death grunt 117

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »
The 12 men crew was more a joke because a moveable 8,8cm Pak 43 wont happen in the near by future ;)
And out of my view your doctrine had a bigger problem; your "We have Reserves"-ability.
It isnt a deal when u waste your infantry (or vet infantry) because of such an ability. In my opinion this
"american war machine" is one of the worst abilities ingame. Do u remember the time when red army had
this "infantry reserve" ability? Was a nightmare  ;D Thats the reason why it was kicked by balancers.

I guess the Sturer Emil can be used instead and the Ostbattalionen originally came in a call in but because of most of the doctrine being made up of call ins,I made them part of a ability.

Anything else to say about the doctrine?

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:17:08 AM »
The Pz.1 seems like a cool addition but it comes in a little late to the party, making me wonder if it would be worth it. If it was the first part of either left or right and cost 3CP I'd be glad to use it!  ;D

Offline Death grunt 117

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Here's a revision of the doctrine:

When you first get the doctrine and must have also have a Infanterie Gruppen Post,you can call in a Panzerbefehlswagen (Only two can be active at a once) to set up in a friendly sector as either a Gebirgsjäger Camp (shows all enemy movement) or a Ostbattalionen Camp (Shortens the Cooldown of a unit's ability in the sector), the Panzerbefehlswagen is slow,poorly armed and its vulnerable to anything above standard Infantry weaponry.

And a new revision of the tree:

Left tree- Gebirgsjäger Logistics:

1. -Strike teams  (Passive) (2 Control Points )
Allows the Gebirgsjäger Camp to train either Gebirgsjäger Kz.GrW42 mortar teams (Support) or a Gebirgsjäger sPzB41.leFl41 Anti-Tank teams (Assault),you can only have five Gebirgsjäger of any type active at a once.

2. -Reconnaissance Support  (Call in) (3 Control Points )
(Assault)Sd.Kfz. 232,A Heavy recon vehicle with sub-par armor,decent speed and adequate firepower and also having the ability to hull down to Camouflage and get a moderate sight boost.
(Support)Sd.Kfz. 263,A Radio,recon vehicle with sub-par armor,decent speed and poor firepower with the ability to hull down to call in Recon runs.

3. -Veteran Scouts  (Passive) (1 Control Points )
Gives all Gebirgsjäger troops the ability to Camouflage.

Right tree- Ostbattalionen Logistics:

1. -Light Panzer force  (Call in) (3 Control Points )
(Assault)A relatively fast Panzer I light tank with two MG 34s that have a high suppression rate but it's armor can only stop standard Infantry weaponry and it slow acceleration leaves it vulnerable to Anti-Tank teams.
(Support)A Sd.Kfz. 250/8 "Stummel" Armed with the powerful 7.5 cm KwK 37 it can tear infantry and buildings to pieces but its below average speed and thin armor leave its to be best used to support infantry.

2. - Ostbattalionen Reserves  (Passive) (2 Control Points )
Allows the Ostbattalionen Camp to either train Osttruppen Radio squads that can call in a flak 88 accurate artillery shot (Support) or Osttruppen combat squads witch have high numbers per unit and fight better in larger groups but are poorly trained and armed. (Assault),you can only have five Osttruppen of any type active at a once.

3. -Veteran Responders  (Passive) (1 Control Points )
All Osttruppen have reduced deployment time.

Note:

I may change it again because right now the both left tree and right tree is very identical on purpose,don't know if this is a good or bad ideal,so tell me what you think of it.

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »
Maybe we already have concepts for all 6 docs  :)