Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Basic COH fracions new doctrines.  (Read 8306 times)

Offline Yappir

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Basic COH fracions new doctrines.
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
Hello. I heard that you gonna add new doctrines for Soviet and Ostheer in reward menu. How about doing same with USA, British, WErmaht and PE? That would add something freash in game, also it will be more fair to fight USA vs Ostheer for example. We could give Marines doctrine for USA. It could add marines infantry, x6 guys with tomphsons, sprint, incendiary granades and sticky, also they would have huge amout of HP. Also some doc specials like "Battleship strike" where you fire 6 300mm rounds on area. Calling neaval figters can be soemthing new like F4U with x4 20mm guns. Technicly you could use this doc in coast maps, but who cares, lets send them to fight in Stalingrad ^^ and don't care about details so much. Thinks of perspectives. You can for example re-add your royal marines for british.

Sorry if i reposted this topic agein, but i am kinda new here.

chaosval3

Re: Basic COH fracions new doctrines.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
I think it would actually be pretty cool! However, I don't really see the point as this is about the Eastern Front mostly and priority goes to EF factions and the campaign. I doubt we will ever see such a thing. But after every priority would be done, I would love to see some additional love for the Vanilla factions. Don't see the point to keep Vanilla factions in otherwise, really lol.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:00:37 AM »
I myself like the idea of this, if the other devs dont mind I probably will go ahead and do this if the other devs dont have the time

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
I like this idea too as sometimes it is quite a headache to choose from the doctrines and looking for something special too.

chaosval3

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »
@Robotnik

It would be awesome if you could! We could then see stuff like Marines for US and Marines for Brits again.

Offline Yappir

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 02:41:24 PM »
Ok... I see that you like my idea. It is my USA marines tree that i made up.

Left line of the tree.

Marines (2)
call off map marines. x6 with thompsons. Granades, sticky and something new; ability i called "duck" When you click "duck" your guys have to be in cover, yellow or green. They will stop moveing, still shoot and recive huge cover bonus and it is much harder to kill them with rifles, mgs, and machine guns. It do not works on everything that explodes. Duck can be turned off anytime and marines will instantly move normaly and recive damage normaly.

LVT(A)-4 (1) [http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/images/lvta4mb_3.jpg [nofollow]]
Technicly it is swiming stuard with short 75mm hotwizer. Fires High Explosive rounds at enemy. Very effective to breach defense and fight huge amouts of infantry. It is cheap, fast and with lack of armor. Can be very effective in hit and run startegy.
Improvment:
Roof .50 gunner.
Ability:
Fire HEAT at enemy tank, pircing it armor and making some damage.

Re-supply from the sea (4)
You can change 110 ammo to 50 fuel or 55 fuel on 100 ammo.

Right line of the tree

Battleship radar. (2)

Reveal enemy units on minimap. Shows only type of unit (vehicle, building or infantry) and lasts only for few seconds.

Battleship artillery (2)
Fires x6 300m on pointed area. Area must be revealed, makes red smoke.

Battleship rockets strike (3)
Fires x3 calipto barrage on huge revealed area. Makes yellow smoke in center of area.

Doctrine can be very effective in breaching defensives made by bunker-noobs, killing huge amounts of infantry. It can have problems with tanks (no rocket infantry).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:43:11 PM by Yappir »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
I like the idea of new doctrines as a reward, though I just want to sharpen the question because I think you are getting at my point here. What makes this doctrine unique compared to others? I feel like the doctrine is an off-map support doctrine with just another squad of elite infantry. When they are a 6 man squad all armed with tommyguns with huge health, i feel is a more powerful AI version of the Rangers w/ out zooks ofcourse.

Infantry doctrine is already sufficient in killing defenses. Off-onmap arty and ranger bazookas are sufficient.
My personal favorite

Offline Yappir

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
You are right it is very similar but it is not finnaly version of this doctrine it is only my sugestion. What i want to keep for sure is marines, amfibius tank and battleship barrage. this 300mm would be difrent then normal strike it is only few strong rounds that will impact in one moment. It is similar artylery but it is not completyly the same.

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
And how do you propose to balance 6 x 300mm shots Mr. balancer?
knowing what you want is half the battle

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
Tbh im nit realy a fan of this reward doc. Next to the fact that we are the ef team i think our focus should stay at the eastern front. But even if we would decide to create the reward docs for vanilla, i don't like this marine doc that much.

Offline KarolR87

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
I'm not opposed to new doctrines but I'm totally agree with ApeMen. Improvement  EF should be the priority.

With regards

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
You are right it is very similar but it is not finnaly version of this doctrine it is only my sugestion. What i want to keep for sure is marines, amfibius tank and battleship barrage. this 300mm would be difrent then normal strike it is only few strong rounds that will impact in one moment. It is similar artylery but it is not completyly the same.
I think you overlooked the strength of the marine units. They generally are not better in combat than the already bad ass Rangers and were just like any other US Army grunt with a bit more experience.
My personal favorite

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 04:45:02 AM »
There is some serious disjunct in what I'm reading and what needs to be worked on.

If there is a way that Eastern Front can be put onto the new CoH 1 Beta then this is essentially one of Eastern Front's last chances to make a community recovery. I am saddened to see the community not nearly as active as it once was. When my break hits I will see about doing broadcasting.

The Eastern Front mod was designed to act like a stand-alone expansion pack to the original Company of Heroes series and add the Russian and Ostheer factions. Adding new doctrines to the existing factions will not only complicate matters by having players having to relearn factions that they already know but also takes away from the effectual goal of the mod, to provide neat, balanced, new content in the form of new factions and other additionals, such as the coming campaign.

Though I am aware of overhauls in the OH faction ongoing, there is needed fine tweaking in all aspects. Now is not the time to be slamming more content in the existing factions (not to mention you need to devote artistic resources into this). With limited manpower resources the focus needs to be on the fine tune of the OH and Soviet gameplay.

I won't post my opinion on the suggestion as I think that the entire idea of adding new doctrines to the existing factions when the balance of the already added content isn't stable is wasteful of resources.

Call my name and I am here to serve the team once more.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
Its basically what cranial said. Focus should be for now balance and fine-tuning. After this the first 2 reward docs (one for ostheer and one for soviets).

btw cranial
nice to see you back in action :P

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
I can probably work on a few reward doctrines for vanilla factions in my spare time, so dont worry about it slowing balance or other things :)

of course, I have to focus on what we are doing now first