Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: EF Launcher Does Nothing  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Emmeric

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
EF Launcher Does Nothing
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
Had the discs, registered Tales of Valor with Steam and downloaded the NEW STEAM VERSION. Steam might also have downloaded ToV.

Followed the setup guide. Logged in and played a little in the tutorial before Attempting the latest EF 2.1.0.1. Copy pasted the path so that it was exact to the relaunch folder.

EF ran the setup, asked if I was finished and the box was checked to Launch. Nothing happened. I mean nothing. Not a flash, nothing. No errors, no beeps. Tried the EFlauncher.exe from within the Relaunch folder. Same thing.

What happened? What do I need to do?

Offline Emmeric

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: EF Launcher Does Nothing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »
Steam did indeed DL TOV so I removed the folder and had Steam remove the content. Still no success.

Should I have Steam remove/delete CoH and run a fresh install? Would that even matter?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:31 AM »
If your launcher does nothing, make sure you installed EF in the correct path. If the files are in the correct path (that should be the CoH relaunche folder), then make sure the Launcher has the right CoH Directory in options.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Emmeric

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 02:22:53 AM »
Ok... the original launcher might have been fouled. Ran out of space on my SSD and had to move everything to a TB drive.

uninstalled everything, including all CoH from Steam. Reinstalling, very carefully.

Will let you know how it goes.

Offline Emmeric

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
Same thing. Clean Steam install of the NSVersion, no other version. Avast off, flawless installation of EF 2.1.0.1.

Click the Finish with Launch EF box checked, nothing. Not even an hourglass. None of the EF.EXEs work or cause anything to happen.

My CoH is installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch
and so is EF.

The EF exes won't allow me to run as administrator. The exes show running as WILLIAM-MB (the name of my computer for Windows) with restricted access. Changing this does nothing as any changes I make are reset to that option automatically. Don't know if that matters.

The task manager doesn't even show activity when I click the exes.

Offline Emmeric

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
Ok, using the "make a new shortcut" method, I was able to launch EF (yay). I miss playing it.

However, I am concerned that I still cannot use the EF launcher to bring up the patcher for patch downloads.

Also, could not choose either Soviets or Ostheer, though the options were listed.

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
The latest CoH patch broke every mod - we've no idea how to fix it ATM.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline Kavkazets74

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 07:24:14 AM »
Sorry for the frequent requests. But I just wonder what my curves hands do not you? :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( I have bought Ordinary Company of Heroes on Steam. Updated to 2.602. Her location is: C: \ Users \ **** \ Desktop.
Where an asterisk name IN RUSSIAN. (Do not know if this is important). My Eastern Front has been updated to the latest version. But when you press "Play" nothing happens. I chose the path correctly. And so: C: \ Users \ **** \ Desktop, and so:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Company of Heroes and even so: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Company of Heroes Relaunch. Only once I have something to run normal ponazhimat and Company of Heroes, but choosing fractions were Ostheer and tips, but instead their flags were pink squares and start the game was impossible. And really want to play (((
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:43:09 PM by Kavkazets74 »