Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Soviet wounded recovery  (Read 7645 times)

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
Re: Soviet wounded recovery
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
Here is an idea how to make it work, but it counteract with some soviet techs and vet bonuses.

For every 5 soldiers that medics bring to the medic station, SU player receive +1 (or another number) to his man power income. (not sure it is possible but...)
But for sure we will need new building as a field hospital...

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »
Here is an idea how to make it work, but it counteract with some soviet techs and vet bonuses.

For every 5 soldiers that medics bring to the medic station, SU player receive +1 (or another number) to his man power income. (not sure it is possible but...)
But for sure we will need new building as a field hospital...
Hmm, that's an original idea, I like it! I did have some thoughts about medic station giving a small discount on techs/upgrades or even veterancy, but that would probably be broken and imbalanced. Resourses per minute boost on the other hand could be interesting, with proper finetuning and playing with numbers, of course.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »
Hello, EF team and community. While we all are waiting for some news or even (unlikely) a fix for this unpleasant situation this awesome mod ended up in, I'd like to start a small brainstorm about the future content, just to kill the waiting time  ;D.

The implementation
So how could the devs implement it?
My first idea was to merge the soviet hospital with the already implemented medic truck, but there would be some problems: Is it even possible to implement medics spawning on a unit? Would the truck spawn medics only when stationary? Should it be unlocked from the start or should it be an upgrade? Finally, wouldn't it mak the Medic truck extremely useful and even OP(mobile healing unit+mobile retreat point+mobile infantry recovering)?
Another option is to make the hospital a building/emplacement US/UK-style. The problem with it is one - it's boring and not unique.
My last idea is to make it possible to turn neutral buildings into hospitals that would spawn medics outside. The single issue I see with this option is that some maps have few of ambient buildings and some just lack them, so it would be much more difficult to use Soviet hospitals on these maps.

from the coding side it is possible that medics can spawn on every unit (expect of infantry or infantry based units like HMG etc.)
we hat a similar mecanic in the ostheer alpha with the famo
the problem with this is you are forced to remove the lockdown ability, because we are not able to remove these medics again. that means it dosnt matter if the truck drives through the map or you want to place it again in your base
the medics will always stay and will only die when the truck dies

Apparently there is a way to get around this with some SCAR coding though, as the Operation market Garden mod has a medic halftrack working perfectly.