Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tank Veterancy  (Read 3467 times)

Offline David

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Tank Veterancy
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
Hello Guys.

I have problem because I can't find anything about OH tank veterancy. Can U link me something?

Also I have few questions

1. If my tank get 1 vet I can choose  between Defensive Bonus, Commander Bonus and Engine Bonus. So this is only vet ( like PE ) or Basic vet is without choosen like in US and SU and this "bonus" is only bonus ( suprise ) to basic veterancy?

2. Why Commander Bonus and Engine Bonus are exacly the same? Bug or what ?
In Engine Bonus i wrote also " Grants Landser squadleaders the new  MKb42(H) machine carbine", it's bug or what?

3. My EF launcher said I have 2.2.10 version, In game on screen is writen 2.1.01 , wtf?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Veterancy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
Hello Guys.

I have problem because I can't find anything about OH tank veterancy. Can U link me something?

Also I have few questions

1. If my tank get 1 vet I can choose  between Defensive Bonus, Commander Bonus and Engine Bonus. So this is only vet ( like PE ) or Basic vet is without choosen like in US and SU and this "bonus" is only bonus ( suprise ) to basic veterancy?

2. Why Commander Bonus and Engine Bonus are exacly the same? Bug or what ?
In Engine Bonus i wrote also " Grants Landser squadleaders the new  MKb42(H) machine carbine", it's bug or what?

3. My EF launcher said I have 2.2.10 version, In game on screen is writen 2.1.01 , wtf?
Hello there, welcome to Eastern Front forums :)

Ostheer has 2 components of veterancy - basic combat veterancy bonus is given to every unit automatically. The 2nd component is veterancy for the tank's crew. So, you choose which part of the vehicle crews you want to give veterancy. (btw: the same applies to Infantry also. They get combat bonuses automatically, but can customize their role as scouts, medics or mechanics)

The bonuses that the tanks get by default:
vet 1: reduced weapon reload (weapon shoots faster)
vet 2: additional accuracy
vet 3: additional damage
vet 4: unique ability based on the commander that you pick

Crew veterancy:
Driver:
vet 1: more acceleration (vehicle can get into motion faster)
vet 2: more acceleration
vet 3: more maximum speed
vet 4: access to smoke canisters

Commander:
vet 1: MG gunner on top
vet 2: more sight range
vet 3: more weapon range
vet 4: Command aura for nearby tanks

Gunner:
vet 1: armour skirts (better protection against infantry AT like stickies, Recoilless rifles, prts etc)
vet 2: less received penetration/damage (weapons will penetrate less often and deal less damage)
vet 3: less received penetration/damage
vet 4: less received accuracy

Example: if you have a vet 3 Panzer III with Gunner vet, it will have reduced reload, better accuracy, armour skirts and will receive less penetration/damage from AT weapons and tank guns.
another example: You have an Ace vet Tiger I with Commander vet. It will have increased sight range, less reload, increased accuracy, increased damage and increased weapon range and a MG34 top gunner.

So, it's not the same. Probably you stumbled upon a translation error. Eastern Front uses several thousand different lines of text, so sometimes errors sneak through. We're working to improve the descriptions for the next major patch.

No idea on that launcher thingy... Maybe someone else knows why.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:20:07 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
Commander:
Erm, about this bit, are you sure it's not the other way around? I don't have access to EF right now, but I remember a tank in one my game popping a crewmember out of the cupola at vet 1, and that he got an mg only at vet 2.

Offline David

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
Wow, Nice to know it! ;)

One question, what with Elefant ? It get any MG on comander bonus? coaxial or something?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »
Commander:
Erm, about this bit, are you sure it's not the other way around? I don't have access to EF right now, but I remember a tank in one my game popping a crewmember out of the cupola at vet 1, and that he got an mg only at vet 2.
Ah yea, for the current release version you're right. :) First comes sight range, then comes gunner. However, they'll be switched for the next Eastern Front release.

Wow, Nice to know it! ;)

One question, what with Elefant ? It get any MG on comander bonus? coaxial or something?
No, at the moment you only get the range+sight range bonus.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline David

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »
Sooo thank U Mod  :)