Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sorry to see it go.  (Read 7970 times)

Offline Beyondfubar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Sorry to see it go.
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »
To all the good times we had Eastern Front.  My favorite mod for CoH, I am sad to see you end through a small patch from people that did not even work on the game.  Its been to long to ask if this mod is dead, I know it is and I will always miss you.

I guess I will see if blitzkrieg crashes to desktop after three months of time to repair a minor patch. 

Oh wait, it never did.

I'll miss you Eastern Front, after three months I'll stop the CPR on your update button.... you are dead.

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
Re: Sorry to see it go.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
If you could read, not only post bullshits you may never type such words  ;D ;D ;D
But well, the world is full with guys like you that doesnt give credit to free work and expect ppl to serve them like they dont have personal life to manage.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
To all the good times we had Eastern Front.  My favorite mod for CoH, I am sad to see you end through a small patch from people that did not even work on the game.  Its been to long to ask if this mod is dead, I know it is and I will always miss you.

I guess I will see if blitzkrieg crashes to desktop after three months of time to repair a minor patch. 

Oh wait, it never did.

I'll miss you Eastern Front, after three months I'll stop the CPR on your update button.... you are dead.
Hey. Are u able to rework and recode a dll.file?
Yes? Great! Welcome on board. U can fix our problem.
Oh? U cant fix a faction.dll? Sorry... me neither... so we have to wait until our coder
has time for this "hobby"  ::)
Sorry for sarcasm but it is always hard when u are attacked by someone who had no idea about the problem ;)

And please keep in mind; we are frustrated too. But we cant influence Relic's and Smoking gun's patch policy.
We have to deal with the results.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:48:12 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

chaosval3

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
How about not feeding the trolls my fellow comrades? How about letting them drown in their own sorrows? Such a tone is none of our concern I think ;)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
Sometimes I do wonder, from all the BK fans, why we always get the attention of the worst kind? ::)

Anyway, he already got his prize it seems.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
If you punch yourself repeatedly in the face, the mod should work.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:16:18 PM »
If you punch yourself repeatedly in the face, the mod should work.
I can assure you that this will work, 100%. Just punch hard enough.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Crowsy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
I don't wish to tread on anyones toes but has anyone from the EF mod contacted someone on the BK mod to see how they fixed the problem?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »
BK mod does not add factions, and afaik they also do not use the same starting parameters that we use for EF. That's why BK works again and EF does not. We know the cause of the problem and we're going to fix it. It just takes time. Our coder responsible for this fix is busy with reallife stuff. To fix this is not a matter of a few minutes and so there is pretty slow progress at the moment on this matter. Also, we're waiting to implement a few models for SU that were promised for the last patch already. On top of that we're still tweaking the Ostheer gameplay wise. It's not as if nothing is happening. Not at all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:44:17 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Crowsy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. If this is to be a little while in fixing then would it be an idea to release a version of EF that works with the standard COH?

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:32 AM »
Lol why people cant wait a few weeks and shut up these few weeks????
A Mod and each Patch cant be done by clicking an "create" button.
Everything in the world needs time so wait and be happy when the Patch is finished.
While youre waiting read a book or play Blitzkrieg 8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:30:59 PM by Codname "Tiger" »

Offline Crowsy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
Lol why people cant wat a few weeks and shut up these few weeks????
A Mod and each Patch cant be done by clicking an "create" button.
Everything in the world needs time so wait and be happy when the Patch is finished.
While youre waiting read a book or play Blitzkrieg 8)

Excuse me? Tantrum over? I was only asking for info. I will wait as most people but just wanted to satisfy my own curiousity. If say version 1.7 was rereleased so it could work on the standard coh and not the Steam relaunch then there would be no need to 'create' anything no?

I myself have been involved in a number of mods in the past and thought it better for their players to play an older version rather than them leaving the scene altogether?

Or are you suggesting that players of this mod cannot ask any questions?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
@Crowsy
That sounds like it was written for the OP, not for yourself.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Crowsy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »
Ah, OK. My mistake.

Offline SollingDown

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
The only argument from the developers is, that Eastern Front adds 2 new factions so you can not simply change the faction. It might take some time but can you just ask the original CoH developers or the responsible guys to look at it? Every other mod community fixed their problem in 1 - 6 days. Eastern Front will take 2 months at least.

I just reminded you of the past: In 2010 (!) I posted about the slow development of EF and joked that CoH2 will be out before the Ostheer comes. As it turns out I was right. Eastern Front is one of the biggest and best financed mods so get your feet together and spend your free time on Eastern Front! You don't get paid like every other modder. You choosed your way!